The human body is a home for many types of Fungai which cause a variety of fungal infections. Candida is one of the most common fungal infections. Fungai overgrowth in the human body is the main cause of this.
Various symptoms can be attributed to Candida like discomfort in and around the genitalia, redness, itchiness, etc. This article will help you understand how to use Coconut oil for Candida.
About the ailment
There are multiple types of fungus present in the twenty-first century one of this is Candida. Candida is a type of yeast that can be found in small quantities; this fungus can be found in places such as mouth, belly or skin.
Though this yeast is not harmful when it multiplies it can cause a problem, and at the same time they could be tough to handle. Hen this yeast go out of hand they cause an infection commonly known as candidiasis, there are multiple types of, but most of them are easily curable with the help of prescribed medicine
Types and Symptoms:
There are different types of Candidacies namely, Thrush, Genital Yeast Infection. The following symptoms can verify these two infections:
Thrush has the following symptoms:
- When you find yellow patches on your lips, tongues, gums, the roof of the mouth and inner cheeks, these may be caused by this particular fungus.
- When you experience redness or soreness in your mouth and throat.
- When you find cracking at the corners of your mouth.
- You might also experience pain while swallowing this phenomenon is experienced when this kind of fungus spreads to the throat.
Genital Yeast Infection has the following symptoms:
- If you are experiencing extreme itchiness in the vagina, there are chances that you might have a genital yeast infection.
- If you observe redness and swelling in your vagina and vulva, there are chances of this kind of infection.
- If you feel pain and a burning sensation while you go to pee, there are chances of genital yeast infection.
- If you have discomfort while having intercourse there are chances that you might have this infection.
- If your reproductive part dischargeresembles a thick, white “cottage cheese”. You should go to the gynaecologist.
- For men suffering from this disease,there is a high probability that you will experience itching and observesrashes on your penis.
- Steroids/cancer medication
- Overuse of Antibiotics
- Birth control pills
Risk factors associated with this type of infection are:
- Hot Weather
- Poor Hygiene
- Tight Clothing.
About Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a fatty oil which is provided to us by the white pulp of the coconut; coconut oil is said to possess many good qualities such as; aiding digestion, boosting metabolism, reducing metabolism, reducing seizures, reducing hunger. Also, coconut oil is also said to have antibacterial properties.
Why use Coconut oil for Candida
Coconut oil has anti-fungal qualities because of which it is highly appreciated. The main reason why people prefer coconut oil is because there are no side effects associated to it and people have the surety that if they use it, there are no chances of any other infections apart from that they are facing.
How to use coconut oil for candida infection
If we talk about Mouth Yeast Infections, you should follow the below steps:
- You have to melt the coconut oil. You can either use the microwave or melt it using induction or gas.
- The next step is to check that the oil has cooled off or not so that it does not burn your skin if it has ad equately cooled swish it in your mouth for about half a second.
- Then spit it out that is the coconut oil.
- After completing the above steps, you should avoid eating and drinking for around thirty minutes.
If we talk about Skin Yeast Infection, you can use coconut oil as any other cream. You need to rub a little bit of oil on the affected area.
Finally talking about the vaginal yeast infection, if you are willing to use coconut oil in this part of your body, you should first speak to a health care expert. How ever, you can use this oil on a tampon and insert it inside so that you can easily and effectively cure the disease.
Precaution and safety tips:
Coconut oil has a specific type of fat, that can increase cholesterol levels in humans. Though the topical applications of coconut oil(1) have shown no side effects, ingesting the oil in large amounts can cause other health problems.
The Ideal dose if taking by mouth is 10 mL two or three times a week for about 12 weeks, However, make sure to consult a healthcare practitioner for any additional information the treatment.
Other home remedies:
- Greek yogurt: Yogurt is considered probiotic and as such is helpful in eradicating the Candida Fungus.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add half a cup of vinegar to lukewarm water and soak for about 20 minutes. The acidic component of the vinegar destroys any harmful microbes from the affected area.
- Garlic: Garlic is a proven cure against such infections. Increase the content of Garlic in your regular diet, and it should work in curing as well as keeping the infection out.
- Vitamin C: Known as a general immunity booster, Vitamin C is known to keep you from harm’s way. Increase the content of Vitamin C in your daily meals.
This infection is just like a volcano when it is dormant no one cares, and one’s the volcano erupts it causes a lot of disarrays, in the same way, this infection is latent until and unless an external force tries to disturb its deep slumber.
Coconut oil can be said an angel in disguise, as it helps to fight this kind of bacteria and the usage of this oil is not even a tinge tedious, unlike other prescribed medicine this natural remedy does not contain any side effects. The critical part here is not that it can be cured or not, the important part is that you should visit a healthcare expert even if you have a tinge of doubt son that he can guide you well and at the same time you could ask for assistance whether or not this kind of oil is good for you or not.