One of the most common conditions that affect teenagers and adults is acne. Even though they are small red or white dreaded zits, if they are left untreated, they could cause severe acne or permanent acne marks.
Acne is a condition that gives rise to spots and pimples on various parts of the body such as the face, back, neck, and chest. They are common after puberty in both male and female. Frequently a lot of cosmetic products are launched in the market to help you eradicate acne and give you acne-free skin. However, apart from that chemical products, you can also treat it by using neem oil for acne.
How to use Neem Oil for Acne
There are various ways to use neem oil for acne for acne. Some facts about neem oil and neem oil uses are as follows.
Cold pressed neem oil for Acne
Cold pressed neem oil is a type of neem oil that is obtained after pressing fruits or seeds. They are highly beneficial as they have the ability to hold nutritional and therapeutic values.
Why use cold pressed neem oil for Acne
Cold pressed neem oil has several ingredients such as vitamin E, antioxidants, and fatty acids. These ingredients help in curing mild to extreme skin conditions without damaging the skin. Hence, it is widely preferred in treating acne.
How to use cold-pressed neem oil for acne condition
- Take a small amount of cold pressed neem oil on a cotton ball.
- Apply around the affected area and leave it for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash the area after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Using it regularly can reduce the condition effectively.
Organic neem oil for Acne
Organic neem oil that is extracted through different processes from the seeds of the neem tree. It usually has a bitter taste and sulfuric smell. However, it is a great cure for major conditions.
Why use organic neem oil
Organic neem oil is pure oil. Hence, it can provide a wide range of benefits compared to other oils. It has limonoids, triglycerides, and calcium. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties as well. Hence, it can help in reducing scars, treating dry skin, reducing wrinkles, and healing acne.
How to use organic neem oil for acne condition
- Take little amount of organic neem oil and spread it on a cotton ball.
- Gently massage on your skin for at least half an hour.
- Then rinse the area with warm water.
- Apply daily for better results.
Precautions and Safety
Even though using neem oil for acne is advised and recommended for better and effective results. There are some precautions and safety measures on must note before using the oil. Some of them are as follows.
- Neem oil can cause undesired results if it is applied to the sensitive skin.
- The oil must not be used by people suffering from eczema and other severe skin conditions.
- A patch test must be performed on your hand before applying the oil to your face.
- Do not use the oil if the symptoms of the condition become worse.
- Visit a healthcare expert immediately if you are having problems in breathing, rashes, hives, and other allergic reaction.
- Never use neem oil on children, pregnant women, or breastfeeding women.
Other home remedies
Some home remedies for treating acne are as follows.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has many anti-oxidants, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties. Hence, it can prevent acne from getting worse. Take 1 part of apple cider vinegar and mix it with 2 parts of water. Gently apply this mixture on your face using a soft cotton swab. After a few seconds, wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Honey and cinnamon mask: Honey and cinnamon both have an outstanding number of antioxidants. They also have antibacterial properties and other vitamins that reduce inflammation and prevent scarring. Take 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and make a mixture. Apply this mixture as a mask on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Then, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Tea tree oil: Another great oil that is used widely for skin treatments is tea tree oil. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it can reduce acne drastically. Take 1 part of tea tree oil and mix with 9 parts of water. Apply the mixture on your face through a cotton ball. Repeat the steps 2 times every day for effective results.
Using neem oil for acne is a great way to reduce the condition. It has several anti-oxidants that help in reducing the condition. Apart from that it also has vitamin E, limonoids, triglycerides, and calcium as well. Using it regularly can help in improving the health of skin as well. However, the oil must also be used with precaution and care as it may lead to adverse effects. Apart from neem oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and cinnamon mask, and tea tree oil are great alternatives for treating acne as well.