It seems like acne happens to know the wedding season is around the corner and then in a flash, it will decide to appear in the middle of your nose or at the center of your forehead. We have some good news for you, and it comes with a dash of apple cider vinegar that is incredible for fighting acne, dark spots, and a host of other annoying blemishes. Read on to find out more about how to use apple cider vinegar for acne.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar that you can prepare right at your home. It is made by fermenting fresh apple juice. As like any other fermentation process, the inducer here is yeast and bacteria that help convert the sugar in the apple juice into brownish and sometimes turbid alcohol. Then this alcohol gets transformed into sour vinegar that is rich in acetic acid and malic acid.
Apple cider vinegar has not only been widely used in the culinary world, but its properties to heal multiple ailments related to the human body is spectacular. And one such use of ACV is to get rid of the stubborn and ugly acne.
[Also Read: Natural Treatments for Acne]
Why is Apple Cider Vinegar Best to Cure Acne?
Apple cider vinegar is associated with a plethora of health benefits and is considered to be an elixir for the skin. It can fight a hundred different dermatological ailments and can combat acne, dullness, dark spots, lines and wrinkles and many more of such problems. The topical application of apple cider vinegar on the skin combined with other natural ingredients can rejuvenate the health and beauty of the skin and make it glow with charm and elegance.
There are several reasons behind making use of organic apple cider vinegar for acne scars and blemishes on the skin. Check out the most significant of them right here.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Can Kill the Bacteria that Cause Acne
The robust nature of apple cider vinegar is responsible for the inhibition of bacterial action on the skin. The topical application of apple cider vinegar on the skin can inhibit many different strains of the virus, bacteria, and other dermatological germs. It has been proven by extensive medical research that apple cider vinegar can destroy different types of specific viruses and bacteria.
The bacterium that contributes to the appearance of acne on the skin is the Propionibacterium acnes(1). The malic acid, succinic acid, lactic acid, citric acid, and acetic acid contained in apple cider vinegar work together to prevent the acne bacteria and eliminate it and, it is how apple cider vinegar is extraordinarily effective in getting rid of acne.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar can do Away with Acne Scars
If your face gets wrought with unsightly acne scars, then all that you need to eliminate the scars and marks is a dash of ACV. The acne scars and discoloration lingers on the skin long beyond the acne disappears. Apple cider vinegar works on the acne scars and discoloration of the skin by the process of chemical peeling. The variety of acids in apple cider vinegar slough off the dead skin and dry skin cells and regenerate new and healthy skin cells thereby promoting the cure of scarring and marks.
The succinic acid present in apple cider vinegar cures the inflammation of the skin whereas the lactic acid improves the texture, tone, and pigmentation of the skin. The acids in apple cider vinegar are incredibly useful for the natural alleviation of acne scars and patches on the surface of the skin.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Fights Against the Oiliness of the Skin
The excess secretion of sebum and oils from the skin is the primary reason behind the appearance of acne and other skin blemishes like pimples and spots. The topical application of apple cider vinegar combats against the oiliness of the skin by restoring the pH balance of the surface of the skin.
4. How To Fight Out The Stubborn Acne Using Apple Cider Vinegar?
The simplest way of using ACV for acne and blemishes is by dabbing the skin with diluted apple cider vinegar twice a day on a daily basis. You can follow the methods and DIY’s elucidated below for the natural treatment of acne, acne scars, discoloration of the skin, pimples, dark spots, and dullness.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Removal( DIY)
- Baking soda and apple cider vinegar
- Fuller’s Earth and apple cider vinegar
- Orange peel and apple cider vinegar
1. How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar And Baking Soda for Acne?
The addition of apple cider vinegar enhances the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory nature of baking soda. A paste of baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and water makes for an excellent home remedy for acne.
How to use?
- Mix a teaspoon each of baking soda and raw apple cider vinegar to make a paste.
- Add a few drops of water to dilute the paste slightly. Make sure that you do not make the dough too runny. Add more baking soda to adjust the consistency
- Apply the mixture to the acne and keep it on for about 15-20 minutes
- Rinse your skin with cold water to remove the paste
- Do this twice or thrice a week for the cure of acne
Benefits of using baking soda and apple cider vinegar for acne
The combination of vinegar and a pinch of baking soda helps in the exfoliation of the skin. Applying the paste aids in getting rid of excess oil, dirt, and sebum from the surface of the skin. The paste gets rid of the excess sebum and unclogs the pores and hair follicles.
Conduct a patch test to make sure that your skin is not sensitive to apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
2. How To Use Fuller’s Earth And Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne?
The coarse paste of Fuller’s Earth, water, and raw apple cider vinegar is a remarkably effective use of apple cider vinegar for acne(2).
How to use?
- Mix a teaspoon of coarsely powdered Fuller’s Earth with a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar to make a grainy paste.
- Add two teaspoons of water to the paste and adjust its consistency.
- Smear the paste of Fuller’s Earth and apple cider vinegar all over the acne, pimples, dark spots, and patches on the skin.
- Keep it on for about 30 minutes or until the mask becomes dry.
- Rinse your skin with cold water or rosewater to obliterate the mask.
- Do this thrice a week for the best results.
Benefits of using Fuller’s Earth and apple cider vinegar for acne
Fuller’s Earth is an excellent natural exfoliating agent. Applying the paste of Fuller’s Earth and apple cider vinegar helps in cleansing the skin by the elimination of oil, dirt, and sebum. It sloughs off the dead skin cells and dry blisters on the surface and rejuvenates its healthy glow and beauty. This home remedy of Fuller’s Earth and apple cider vinegar for acne scars is not only useful for the cure of acne and blemishes but can also get rid of suntan, dry patches, and peeling of the skin.
Do not scrub your skin too hard with the paste otherwise; the skin might get bruised. Conduct a patch test to make sure that your skin is not sensitive to apple cider vinegar and Fuller’s Earth.
3. How To Use Orange Peel And Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne?
The use of orange peel powder and apple cider vinegar for acne is incredibly useful and quick in action.
How to use?
- Dry a few pieces of orange peel in the Sun and then grind the dried peels into a fine powder.
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with the powder to make a paste.
- Dab the acne and pimples with the paste.
- Rinse your skin with rosewater to remove the mask.
- Do this thrice a week for the cure of acne.
Benefits of using orange peels and apple cider vinegar for acne
The citric acid and vitamin C of orange peel powder and the acetic acid in ACV work in unison for the disappearance of acne, blemishes, and dark spots. The combination of orange peel powder and apple cider vinegar for acne is incredibly useful for skin problems like pimple breakouts, unevenness of skin tone, dryness of skin and many more.
A Word Of Caution
Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic in itself. People with very sensitive skin should always do a patch test before applying it over the acne to avoid any mishap. Even while making apple cider vinegar at home, be very precautious and follow the steps properly.
The most effective way of getting rid of acne and dark spots is by the administration of apple cider vinegar in combination with other ingredients and essential oils. Prepare the most potent combinations of apple cider vinegar for acne treatment at home with the help of the DIY recipes.
Follow through with the home remedies prepared by using apple cider vinegar for acne and pimples natural treatment. Give your skin the boost of health and nutrition that it deserves and be amazed at how it glows with health and beauty.