How effective is using Kratom for energy? The way Kratom interacts with our body makes it an effective energy booster. Kratom components bind themselves to the opioid receptors in the human body. Although not aggressive, Kratom still manages to activate these receptors. Generally, five types of opioid receptors are stimulated. The results include analgesia and anxiety reduction.
Did You Know!
Similarly, endorphins are released that increases energy level. Kratom also clears your mind and reduces depression. All these corrections can boost your energy levels. Thus, increased brain and spine focus can result in more energy production. The mitragynine receptor is 13 times as potent as morphine. As a result, it provides pain relief that can boost a person’s energy levels.
Similarly, Kratom can cause euphoria. A general feeling of happiness can increase the energy level. Kratom also increases muscle endurance. It stimulates the delivery of oxygenated blood to the muscles.
Using Kratom for Boosting Energy
There are multiple ways in which Kratom can be taken for boosting energy levels. Traditional cultivators of Kratom in South East Asia prefer the toss and wash method.
- Place a small amount of Kratom powder in your mouth. Smaller amounts ease in swallowing Kratom powder as it can be very dry and tough to be swallowed.
- Use water to help swallow the powder.
- Large amounts of Kratom can stick to your throat. If your trachea gets clogged, you could be choked due to a lack of oxygen.
Other Ways of Using Kratom
Apart from this direct method, Kratom can be included in your regular foods.
- You may mix Kratom in applesauce or ice cream. Moreover, some people prefer to eat it with desserts. Others may use it with chocolate almond milk.
- Kratom has a strong favor and staunch aroma. Do not mix too much as it may change the actual food’s flavor.
- Alcohol-free fruit cocktails can be topped with Kratom. These cocktails help to neutralize the strong flavor of Kratom.
- You may use Kratom with thick juices. These juices reduce the rough texture of Kratom. Fill a glass of mango, peach, or orange juice. You may add a little amount of Kratom powder to the sauce. Stir the mixture and drink slowly. Rinse your mouth.
The most widely used method to intake Kratom is to brew a Kratom tea. You may use the following tea recipe.
- It is recommended to avoid Kratom leaves for tea preparation. These leaves may result in high dosage. Moreover, hot water can break the alkaloids from the leaves. Instead, it is better to use Kratom powder. One teaspoon of Kratom powder per tea serving is the recommended dosage.
- You may boil two cups of water in a pan. Using lesser quantities of water can result in high dosage. Once you are fine with the diluted version, you may reduce the amount of water used.
- Add essential oils or other tea ingredients like ginger or lavender. These ingredients improve the tea’s taste. They also boost energy levels.
- Pour the boiling water onto Kratom powder. After stirring and leaving the tea to cool down, remove the dust. The powder usually settles down at the bottom of the cup.
- Add ice cubes to dilute the flavor. You may also add honey to sweeten the drink. Honey itself also acts as a natural energy booster.
An essential aspect of using Kratom for energy is using the right kind of Kratom. Below is a list of the best Kratom for energy.
- Thai Kratom has been used historically by peasants to boost energy. It is generally considered the best Kratom for energy and euphoria. White Thai Kratom provides long-lasting energizing effects. However, Green and Red Thai Kratoms are also active energizing agents(1) Moreover, and it is much smoother than the regular coffee. Thai Kratom can help a patient feel thrilled and super-excited.
- The recommended Kratom dosage for energy and focus is three to eight milligrams a day, depending on requirements.
- Green Malay Kratom allows for a constant flow of energy throughout the day. It subsides gradually compared to other Kratom strains.
[ Read: How Kratom Can Help for Fibromyalgia ]
However, it must be noted that Kratom can have severe adverse effects on health. Pregnant women can face the deformation of their child. The child may even retain Kratom withdrawal symptoms at birth. Similarly, people with heart issues may experience a seizure. It may also cause hallucinations and mental disorders. (2)Overdose can lead to coma or even death. You must consult your doctor before beginning any regular Kratom treatment.
On the positive end, different Kratom strains provide varied energizing effects. It allows flexibility to the patients to choose how fast/ slow and the long-lasting impact they require. However, the risks attached to overdose and aggravation of illnesses can not be denied either. If Kratom is safe for you, it can provide an effective energy booster at a low cost.
1. Which Kratom is best for energy?
White Thai Kratom has been historically used to boost energy. Apart from that, Maeng Da Kratom and Green Malay Kratom are also beneficial.
2. Is Kratom fatal?
Deaths have been reported due to an acute overdose of Kratom. Thus, it could prove fatal.
3. How quickly can Kratom take effects?
Effects of Kratom can be experienced within five to ten minutes of intake. The results may last between two hours to a full day. The exact time frame depends on the purity of the Kratom used.