Patients can gain multiple benefits by using Kratom for anxiety treatment. The effects of Kratom are similar to opioids. These are prevalent in morphine and codeine. Opioids help to increase euphoria. As a result, the patient generally feels happy.
This happiness reduces anxiety. Moreover, mitragynine is an active ingredient in Kratom. It binds itself to opioid receptors in the brain that relieve pain(1). As a result, Kratom users feel antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects. Kratom also improves the general mood of the patient.
Kratom also has sedative effects. It may increase the focus and concentration of the patient. However, an excess dosage of Kratom can cause an upset stomach, constipation, and excessive sweating. All these symptoms can trigger anxiety.
- Kratom overdose has caused multiple deaths!
- Did you know that almost 40 million people in the US suffer from anxiety disorders?
How the Remedy Works
Before deciding on how to intake Kratom for anxiety, it is essential to determine which Kratom to intake. There are multiple Kratom strains available. Below is a list of the most effective Kratom for anxiety treatment.
Green Malay Kratom is well-known for its anti-anxiety properties. The Kratom is rich in alkaloids. These alkaloids can sharply reduce anxiety. Additionally, this Kratom is rich in mood-boosting agents. These agents improve the self-esteem and confidence of the user. There may also be a general feeling of well-being. As a result, the patient feels less anxious.
- Red Maeng Da has a high amount of alkaloid content. These alkaloids increase the focus and clarity of thought, which results in “reduced anxiety.” At the same time, this Kratom has a long-lasting effect. However, a lower dosage is recommended to ensure that tolerance is not developed.
- Gold Bali Kratom was historically quite expensive. However, it recently has become more widely available. This kratom strain is the most common anxiety treatment. The tension drastically reduces stress levels. At the same time, it stimulates the appetite. All these effects result in a reduction of depression and anxiety. Generally, it is considered the best Kratom for anxiety treatment.
- Borneo Kratom has high levels of 7-hydroxy mitragynine. This compound has stronger calming effects than morphine. Green vein Borneo is highly recommended for anxiety. For both pain and anxiety, white vein Borneo is a better option.
There are multiple ways to consume Kratom for pain and anxiety. Generally, South East Asian people prefer to brew Kratom tea.
[Read: Natural Remedies for Anxiety]
Ways to Use Kratom
- You may make regular tea. For this, boil three to four cups of water in a pan.
- Once the water is boiled, add your favorite tea ingredients. You may opt for ginger, apple cider vinegar, or any essential oil.
- Add Kratom Powder to this hot mixture on Kratom Powder. For 3 cups of tea, it is reasonable to use one to two teaspoons of Kratom powder. You may use Kratom leaves instead. However, they have a strong flavor.
- Green tea is rich in L-Theanine, which reduces anxiety. Adding Kratom powder to this tea can boost the effects.
Kratom Capsules: Some people might prefer using Kratom capsules for anxiety(2). Tablets can be ingested orally. At the same time, there is a minimal amount of preparation involved. This option is particularly suitable for those patients who consider homework to be a cause of anxiety. If ingesting Kratom powder using water, it is best to use small amounts of Kratom powder, as it can get clogged in the throat.
Kratom Powder: Additionally, Kratom powder may be used alongside different foods. For example, you may use it with your chocolate milk. Again, Kratom powder has a strong flavor. Use a low dosage to avoid any excessive flavoring.
[Read: Benefits of Kratom]
Usually, it is recommended to use one to three grams of Kratom initially. This amount has a mild stimulant effect. You may increase the dosage to eight grams as per needs. It is recommended to take only one dosage every other day.
However, in severe anxiety cases, one dosage per day is recommended.
However, Kratom can have serious adverse effects on some patients. Pregnant women should avoid using Kratom as it can cause infant deformation.
Moreover, Kratom can have intense withdrawal symptoms. A healthy dosage of Kratom may get you high. It is even considered an opium alternative.
It may also lead to seizures or severe liver damage. Even mild dosage can cause nausea, vomiting, and excessive sweating. People with heart problems may experience a faster heartbeat.
Kratom can have varied effects as a remedy. On the one hand, it can improve the symptoms related to anxiety. Also, it may lead to multiple health problems triggering anxiety. It is recommended that you must consult your doctor before starting any Kratom-based anxiety treatment.
[Read: Magnesium to Treat Anxiety]
1. What Is the Best Kratom Strain for Anxiety and Depression?
Multiple Kratoms can help reduce anxiety. However, the Gold Bali Kratom is the most popular option for anxiety treatment.
2. Can Kratom Kill You?
Yes! A severe Kratom overdose may prove fatal. It is vital to administer Kratom treatment under the supervision of a trained practitioner.
3. Can Kratom Reduce Depression-Related Anxiety?
Kratom can provide an effective treatment for depression. This treatment includes the removal of anxiety and depression symptoms.