Overweight and obesity is one of the most significant health problems. Losing weight is something every person across the globe wants to do. The number of obese and overweight people around the world has grown at an alarming rate in the past few years. More than 1.4 billion adults who are 20 and older are in overweight and of these overweight adults over 300 million women, and nearly 200 million men were obese. Losing weight is not an easy task. It takes determination and motivation.
There are numerous steps involved in losing weight. One or two healthy switch-ups in the daily routine can have a wondrous impact on health and wellness. One such trendy and popular remedy that people are talking about is the Keto Diet. There are numerous recipes related to keto diet for weight loss which will have a powerful impact on the excess weight and obese body. Read on to discover different ketogenic foods and supplements that will shape your body hot and slim.
What is a ketogenic diet?
Keto diet for weight loss is a low-carb diet that helps men and women lose weight up to 18 pounds in five weeks. In other words, a ketogenic diet is high in fat, deficient in carbs, and moderate in protein. Ketosis is a metabolic state that occurs when carbs get reduced, and fat gets increased. Ketogenic diet primarily works by producing ketones, lowering insulin levels and increases fat burning.
What are the different variations of the keto diet?
The different keto diet types are:
- SKD (The standard ketogenic diet)
- HPKD (High protein ketogenic diet)
- CKD (Cyclical ketogenic diet)
- TKD (targeted Ketogenic diet)
Which type of keto diet for weight loss suits the condition and why?
There is no straight answer to which type of keto diet will give the quickest or best results for weight loss. If you are a beginner go ahead with the standard ketogenic diet. The standard ketogenic diet is the most basic version of the ketogenic diet. The SKD is best for beginners. Anyone who wants insulin resistance and loses body fat SKD will be the best keto diet for weight loss. In SKD there is an adequate intake of protein and high fat intake. The high protein ketogenic diet is similar to the standard ketogenic diet with additional protein consumption.
Which are the primary foods to eat and avoid in a Keto diet?
Foods to eat:
- Fats: Olive oil, butter, avocado, peanut butter, rice bran oil, and canola oil
- Nuts and seeds: Walnut, almonds, hazelnut, flaxseeds, macadamia nuts, and pecan nuts
- Protein: Salmon, chicken breast, tuna, trout, lamb, mushroom, and veal pork
- Dairy: All milk products in a metered consumption
- Vegetables: Green beans, broccoli, asparagus, cucumber, spinach, bok choy, leek, zucchini, celery, and lettuce
- Spices and herbs: Mint leaves, coriander leaves, turmeric, garlic, cumin, fenugreek, fennel, rosemary, pepper, and salt
- Beverages: Green tea, turmeric tea, and chamomile tea
Foods to avoid:
- Deep fried foods
- High saturated fat
- Sweetened beverages(soda)
- Yeast processed foods
- White bread and pastries
- Processed meat (beef, pork)
[Also Read: Natural Remedies for Weight Loss]
Top 4 Keto Diet Recipes to Jazz up your Weight Loss
Here are a few keto diets recipes for weight loss plans that are very beneficial for the ones who have excess weight. Read on discover the vast range of benefits of these keto diets for weight loss recipes.
1. Asparagus and broccoli lemon-garlic roast:
How to prepare?
- Take fresh asparagus and broccoli and cut its woody ends
- Take one tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl and grade 2-3 cloves of garlic into it
- Add a pinch 1/4th tablespoon of salt and zest one lemon into it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking tray
- Line the veggies onto it and then drizzle the liquid mix
- Massage the veggies a little especially focussing on the florets of broccoli
- Roast the vegetables for 12-20 minutes
Benefits of asparagus and broccoli:
Are you wondering on foods that make you slim? Then asparagus and broccoli will be the best answer to it. Both asparagus and broccoli are low in fat and calories. Asparagus contains lots of soluble and insoluble fiber that makes it a good choice for you to lose weight. Asparagus contains high levels of the amino acid called asparagine which makes it a natural diuretic. Consuming more asparagus can help you flush excess salt and fluid from the body.
When you think about green vegetables to include in keto diet for weight loss, then broccoli is one of the first vegetables packed with dozens of nutrients that comes into mind. Broccoli is highly abundant in fiber and a good carb that maintains low blood sugar, aids in digestion, prevents constipation, and curbs overeating. Many types of research have concluded that broccoli is also a great weight loss vegetable due to its rich fiber content.
2. Stir-fried chicken
You will need:
- 75-100gm of skinless chicken breasts
- One teaspoon of butter
- Olive oil
- One garlic clove
- Dried red chili, chives, salt, and pepper
How to prepare?
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan pan
- Add the garlic clove and fry till it turns brown
- Toss the bamboo shoots and dried red chili and cook for about 3-5 minutes
- Add the chicken, salt and pepper
- Stir well and cook for about 10minutes
- Add the chives and cook for two minutes
- Add the butter and stir for one minute
- Now plate the bamboo shoots and chicken
Benefits of Stir-Fried Chicken:
The reason chicken breasts always get included in a healthy keto diet for weight loss is that it is generally a slice of lean meat that doesn’t have more fat. Eating grilled or stir-fried chicken breasts have low-calorie benefits and even burn extra calories for effective weight loss. Chicken is rich in protein and according to 2014 study chicken boosts satiety and the body’s energy expenditure.
Chicken helps you to shed pounds and has positive effects on body composition. Garlic lowers blood pressure and reduces blood sugar. Garlic is said to help increase fat burning. Eventually, Garlic can help you lose weight and must include food in keto diet for weight loss.
[Read: Home Remedies for Weight Loss]
3. Grilled salmon with broccoli
You will need:
- 100g salmon fillets
- ½ cup of broccoli
- ½ tablespoon of dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon of garlic oil
- ½ tablespoon of dried rosemary
- Two teaspoons of mayonnaise with chili oil salt and pepper
How to prepare?
- Add the dried thyme, dried rosemary, butter, garlic oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well
- Rub the mixture on the salmon fillets
- Heat the grill for about 3 minutes and place salmon and broccoli on the grill and grill for 8 minutes
- Add one tablespoon for butter on top of the salmon
- Now sprinkle some salt and pepper on the recipe
- Plate the grilled salmon and broccoli with mayonnaise and chili oil dip
Benefits of grilled salmon with broccoli:
If you are searching for foods that are rich in lean protein, then salmon is the best food that is rich in lean protein. Salmon helps you to maintain muscle mass when you try to lose weight. Salmon has a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids. When salmon gets consumed along with broccoli and garlic will have terrifying effects on overweight.
[Read: 7 Essential Oils for Weight Loss]
4. Spinach stuffed egg pockets with celery
You will need:
- Two eggs one cup of spinach
- ½ tablespoon of garlic paste
- ¼ cup of finely chopped celery
- Two teaspoon butter one teaspoon of dried oregano
- Two tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese and some salt and pepper
How to prepare?
- Combine the eggs and a pinch of salt and pepper with a whisk
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat and add one tablespoon of butter
- Add the garlic paste and fry the eggs for about ½ a minute
- Add the celery, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook for about 1 minute
- Add the one tablespoon of butter and whisked eggs
- Fry it like an omelet for about 2-3 minutes over medium heat
- add the cheddar cheese and sautéed spinach-celery
- toss the oregano on top and wrap the omelet to cover the celery, spinach, and cheddar stuffing
- cook till the cheese melts and consume while it is still hot
Benefits of spinach stuffed eggs with celery:
Did you know? Eggs are an excellent source of protein with a small calorie package. One large egg contains between 70 calories to 90 calories depending on how it gets cooked. Eggs are rich in essential nutrient like folate, calcium, and vitamins including A and D.
As per research involving two groups of obese individuals following a keto diet for weight loss, one group ate eggs, and other individuals ate bagels. The individuals who ate egg experienced 65 percent greater weight loss than other individuals. Whether the spinach is eaten raw or cooked, it’s an excellent herb for weight loss, overall health, and fitness. Spinach’s high-nutrient and the low-calorie combination make it an excellent weight loss food.
Keto diet supplements
Fish oil supplements are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are healthy fats, and you can find in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) in foods such as chia seeds, walnuts, and soya bean oil. It is also present in the form of DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) which gets widely found in fatty fish and fish oil supplements.
Due to poor diet and food habits, you do not get enough omega-3 fatty acids which reduce the blood triglyceride levels. More importantly, the fish oil supplements may help you shed body fat and lose inches. Thus, the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil have extensive potential health benefits and aids weight loss. Fish oil supplements play a significant role in keto diet for weight loss.
A word of caution
Always make sure you use only fresh vegetables and fruits. Rotten fruits and vegetable can contain bacteria that causes the condition even worse. Don’t eat while it is too hot and don’t burn your tongue.
The natural keto diet for weight loss is discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the body. It is not a significant matter to reduce the weight and remove the toxins and shed your body fat if you follow these keto diets on a daily basis as mention above. There is no doubt in that. While consuming these ketogenic diets make sure you keep a word of caution in mind to get impressive results. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over the time, make sure to consult with a physician.