‘Clogged pores are as stubborn as rocks when you try to remove them.’ Do you second this statement? If yes, then surely you would have tried all the wrong methods to treat it. Surprised? Well, worry not as we have a bunch of fantabulous remedies on how to unclog pores naturally that works in reality!.
What are Pores?
Pores refer to the minute openings on the surface of the skin which allow the passing of liquids, gases, and microscopic organisms to channelize through your skin surface.
What causes Large Pores?
- Excessive oil production
- Dust and pollution
- Cosmetics and makeup
- Toxins in the air
- Exposure to the sun
- Dead skin cells
What are the Symptoms of Large Pores?
Enlarged pores may bring along various skin conditions which indicate that you have clogged pores. Below are the symptoms:
- Excessive dryness or excessive oil production
As unhealthy clogged pores are for your skin, they may have a drastic effect and make it lose its youthfulness and glow way before you expect it. Here are a few remedies if you are looking for how to unclog pores naturally at home.
How to Unclog Pores Naturally?
How to Unclog Pores with Foods that help?
1. Use egg white face mask for enlarged pores
Using a face mask to shrink pores is one of the easy ways to win against these persistent clogged pores bumps. Here is how to tighten them with a face mask:
How to make?
- Mix the egg white and honey in a glass bowl
- Apply it on your face
- Allow it to dry for about fifteen minutes
- Wash it off with warm water
- Repeat the same twice a week for useful results
Benefits of using egg white face mask
Egg white face mask not only prevents the occurring of acne on the skin but protects your skin from getting excessively oily. It helps to remove the shrink the current skin pores and defenses your skin from encountering more.
One of the critical ingredients in egg whites plays a vital role in tightening pores. Egg white mask has properties to make your skin glow. The egg white mask is most helpful for oily and combination skin and works well for blackheads and other skin conditions.
If egg white does not suit your skin, do not continue to use it.
Taking a healthy diet helps a great deal to maintain a flawless and tightened skin.
- Foods rich in carbs and less on fat
- Foods rich in vitamins A and C
Foods to avoid
These foods harm the skin and alter the natural oil production process.
- Processed meat
- Oily foods
How to Minimize Open Pores with an Herbal Treatment?
1. Aloe Vera gel is an excellent herbal treatment for shrinking pores
Aloe Vera gel control oil secretion of skin. It is an entirely natural treatment with no side effects and is suitable for all skin types.
How to use?
- Scoop out fresh Aloe Vera gel from the leak of Aloe Vera plant
- Apply the gel on your face
- Let it say for about ten minutes
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water
- Since Aloe Vera gel is quite soothing; you can continue the process on a daily basis
Benefits of using Aloe Vera Gel
It has antibacterial properties which reduce the growth of bacteria on the surface. Aloe Vera gel is an incredible cleanser. It soothes any inflammation caused due to enlarged pores on the skin cleans the pores of your skin to make them free of any potent toxins or impurities.
Use only freshly scooped gel on your skin and not the chemically processed ones.
How to Shrink Skin Pores with an Essential Oil?
1. Lavender essential oil for open pores
Lavender oil is an excellent essential oil for large pores which is quite harmless and has the least side effects. If you are looking for how to unclog pores, lavender oil is terrific.
How to use?
- Wash your face with warm water
- Pat dry
- Massage a few drops of lavender oil on the skin in circular motions for 5 minutes
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Rinse your face with warm water again
- You can use another excellent essential oil as well to it which is the tea tree oil
- Continue the same twice a week
Benefits of using lavender essential oil
Lavender oil is suitable for all skin types and has proven to show optimum results to shrink huge pores. It reduces the sebum production on your skin and helps to decrease the proximity of your skin to have clogged pores.
Make sure you always dilute the essential oil before applying it on your skin.
How to Clean Nose Pores with a Home Remedy?
1. Use apple cider vinegar for large pores
Apple cider vinegar is a potent essential remedy for numerous skin issues.
How to use?
- Take apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Dip a cotton bowl in it
- Apply it on affected areas
- Rinse off with warm water
- You can also add apple cider vinegar in your bathing water to work
- You can continue to do this every day for all skin types
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
Accumulation of bacteria is one of the leading causes of enlarged pores. Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties which dismantle the build-up of bacteria and clean your pores. Brownie points on the easy availability and usage of apple cider vinegar. It also works on reducing the inflammation if any on the skin due to open pores.
Make sure you do not apply apple cider vinegar on open cuts or wounds.
2. Use baking soda for large pores
Baking soda is an effective remedy to get rid of clogged pores and large pores at home.
How to use?
- Mix water with baking soda to make a fine paste
- Apply it on the affected areas with a cotton bud or your fingertip
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- To add to its effectiveness, you can add a few drops of lime juice to it
- Repeat this process each day for best results
Benefits of using baking soda
It has impressive antibacterial properties which work to improve the bacteria formation on the skin and reduce the occurring of blackheads and whiteheads. Baking soda is an excellent exfoliator and clears up the clogged pores.
Do not scrub the baking soda paste too hard on your face as it may make your skin turn red.
3. Bentonite clay mask for enlarged pores
Wondering how to unclog pores with Bentonite? Well, it is another effective natural treatment, especially for enlarged pores.
How to use?
- Take bentonite clay in a bowl
- Add water to it to make a medium consistency paste
- Apply the clay mask all over your face, back, legs, and other affected body parts
- Let it dry
- Rinse off with lukewarm water after it dries up
- Moisturize afterward
- Apply the mask twice a week for best results
- For sensitive skin, you can substitute water with milk
Benefits of using bentonite clay mask
It absorbs the impurities on the surface and helps in the cleansing and unclogging of the pores of your skin. The clay mask makes your skin feel refreshed and calm. It has antibacterial properties which refuse to entertain any accumulation of bacteria on the skin.
Do not move the area where you have applies the mask too much when it dries up, especially the face. It may cause fine lines and loosening of the skin.
[Read: Cure Large Pores Naturally]
How to Unclog Pores with Natural Treatment?
1. The salt water bath helps
Are you perching on how to unclog pores? Salt water is again an easy and quick remedy to get over with your clogged pores.
How to clean open pores with salt?
- Add water to one tablespoon of salt in a bowl
- Mix it well
- Apply it on your face or wash your face with salt water
- With light hands, rub the salt water on your face
- Do not be harsh with it as it may cause redness
- Wash your face with the same at least four times a day
- Use a good moisturizer after usage if you have dry skin
Benefits of using salt water
The granules of salt help to exfoliate the skin naturally and open up the clogged pores. It works on making your skin free of the excessive oil secretion. The water works to hydrate your skin. Salt water also has antibacterial properties which reduce the accumulation of bacteria on the surface.
Side Effects to Stay Alert of While Using Natural Remedies
- Face masks sometimes cause excessive dryness of skin. Try to use moisturizer aftermath
- Avoid products which may cause allergic reactions including provided fruits and vegetables
For a valid result and long-run benefits, it is essential to continue the usage and application of all the above natural remedies for how to unclog pores consistently and regularly. Accurate use with exact precision is mandatory for healthy skin. With these fantastic home remedies, you can bid your goodbyes to these persistent clogged pores forever. Say hello to healthy skin with natural treatments for clogged pores.