The smell might be pretty unpleasant, but when an ingredient can make you shine as this bulb can, we’ll definitely take our chances. Chock-full of anti-aging, antibacterial, and skin smoothing benefits, garlic can keep your complexion flawless and clear. Here’s how to include it in your beauty routine.
Garlic Benefits for skin
Garlic clove is rich in compounds like Sulphur, Allicin, Zinc, and Calcium that have beauty benefits, health benefits, as well as antibiotic and antifungal properties .
You must know that garlic also is a rich source of a mineral known as selenium. Selenium is a common source to battle cancer, and it works with vitamin E in your body to strengthen antioxidant power.
The good thing is this small garlic clove also acts as a blood thinner due to its salicylate content. Garlic enhances circulatory health and enables proper blood flow. Multiple studies have confirmed that garlic is highly effective in preventing a broad range of health issues.
Premature aging is one issue that most women face. Exposure to UV rays, pollution, and unhealthy lifestyles all contribute to free radical damage that leads to signs of aging noticeable on your skin. It’s unbelievable, but the many benefits of garlic include delaying the signs of aging effectively.
Consuming a single clove of garlic on an empty stomach in the morning with lemon water and honey can be quite beneficial for your skin’s health .
As you age, one of the facial skin issues you face is wrinkles. Sulfur in garlic aids increases collagen production, which is beneficial for minimizing wrinkles .
- You can minimize this by making a paste from three to four garlic cloves and half tomato.
- Apply this to the face and clean with warm water after 15 minutes.
- Then splash cold water on your face.
- You can protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals. Consuming garlic every day helps to fight oxidation and environmental pollution.
2. Garlic for acne
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of garlic make it an excellent ingredient for treating pimples and acne. When applied topically, it kills the bacteria settled deep inside the pores and helps minimize inflammation. Extract the juice of a few garlic cloves, dilute it, add some honey, and use a cotton ball to apply on the acne.
Leave it on for not more than 5 minutes and clean with water. It will help minimize the redness and inflammation and will give you flawless and clear skin with continued use. It can also be applied to blemishes and spots to heal them faster.
The antifungal properties in garlic are excellent for dealing with scars and acne. Some tips on how to use them:
- Slice the garlic, take the water by pressing it.
- Apply the garlic water on the pimples, leave it for three-five minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Another method to deal with acne is to mix garlic water (two-three pieces) with white vinegar.
- Apply this paste to the area with acne, and leave for five minutes, rinse with warm water.
- If your skin is sensitive to garlic, soften a few garlic pieces mixed with two yogurt tablespoons.
- Also, mix half tsp of honey.
- Use this as a face mask.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
3. Garlic for acne scars
- Take four to five garlic cloves, boil 250 ml of boiling water, add the cut garlic, cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and soften to paste.
- Apply this paste over the face, leave for 10-15 minutes, rinse with cold water.
Blackheads are due to excessive oil mixed with dirt that settles into the pores of the skin. Applying an ingredient that manages the production of oil can prevent this issue.
One of the several benefits of garlic is that it contains polyphenols that help control the secretion of oil on the skin, thereby reducing blackheads’ appearance. Here’s how to use garlic to avoid blackheads:
Add some cloves of grated garlic to a slice of tomato. Focusing on the T-zone, apply this paste as a mask all over your face, and wash after 15-20 minutes. With frequent use, it will remove blackheads, control oil as well as close the pores.
- Soften two-three garlic cloves and mix it with one tbsp of oatmeal.
- Also, add one to two drops of tea tree oil, one tablespoon honey, and 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- Stir into a paste.
- Wash your face, apply this mixture, and leave for two-five minutes.
- Then rinse with warm water.
Use this mask three times a week.
[Read: Best Remedies for Blackheads]
5. Remove Stretch Marks
It is good to know that garlic is able to provide you beautiful skin without stretch marks. So once try the benefits of garlic. The proper removal of stretch marks can take time if you don’t use extra efforts to remove them.
Garlic is one of the adequate natural remedies for eliminating stretch marks.
- All you need to do is mix a few drops of warm oil with garlic water.
- Apply this oil over the stretch mark spots.
Within a few weeks, stretch marks will start to vanish.
Apart from an external application, incorporating garlic in your daily diet helps prevent stretch marks and increase skin elasticity.
[Read: How To Get Rid of Stretch Marks]
6. Make The Skin Glow
When taken daily, garlic can help make skin radiant, healthy, and glowing. It also helps cleanse your skin from bacteria.
7. Softens the Skin
While sulfur in garlic helps smooth the skin, garlic’s allicin content can help soften your skin. Thus garlic has these excellent beauty advantages. So use garlic every day for beautiful and smooth skin.
While there isn’t sufficient scientific evidence to say for sure, many swear by using garlic for treating acne. Most of the treatments are ingestible or topical, so you should discuss them with your physician before using them.
This is particularly true if your physician has prescribed topical treatments or lotions. Combining your physician’s treatment with natural remedies may lessen the effectiveness of both or increase your chance of a rash or other adverse interactions.