Every human being in the earth burps. Is it as normal as that? Yes! But rotten egg smell like burps when you are talking, when you are in a crowd, and when you are eating causes you embarrassment more than discomfort. These rotten egg smell burps are sulfur burps.
Sulfur burps are burps with a foul rotten egg smell. It occurs due to hydrogen sulfide gas in the body. The digestive system in the human body expels excess air called as burps.
Burps are mostly harmless, but excessive burping could be a signal of an underlying gastrointestinal problem. So if you are wondering how to get rid of them then follow these wondrous natural and alternative remedies to treat your condition.
These occur due to several factors. Some of a few are listed below.
- Food poisoning
- Stress and anxiety
- During pregnancy
- Intake of drugs and medicines
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Bacteria in the oral cavity
- Consumption of high protein foods (sulfur-rich foods)
- Drinking more beer
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
Natural Methods to Get Rid of Sulfur Burps
How to use?
- Take a few garlic cloves and vegetable or chicken broth
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Now add them to the vegetable or chicken broth
- Allow it to boil for 15-20 minutes
- Consume the soup immediately with the heat
- Consume this twice a day for useful results on sulfur burps
When it comes to burps or gas on the body, the main food that comes into mind is garlic. Garlic can stimulate the gastric system and helps relieve gas, burps, and bloating(1). Add the garlic into the daily diet and cooking for a marvelous effect.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies To Treat Gastritis]
How to use?
- Take a fresh lemon and a glass of hot water
- Squeeze the lemon juice
- Add the lemon juice to the hot water
- Consume this immediately with the warm
- Drink 2-3 glasses a day for good results
Lemon is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.These antioxidants contain anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that will act forcefully on bacteria present in the food passage.
Lemon juice immensely promotes the secretion of bile juice by the liver which will aid by improving the digestion process in the intestine.
How to use?
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of cumin seeds and hot water
- Add the cumin seeds in hot water allow it to heat for a few minutes
- Strain the liquid from the mixture
- Drink the remaining cumin tea once it has cooled down
- You can also chew a handful of cumin seeds after the meal to aid digestion
- Do this thrice a day best results
Cumin seeds are an excellent natural remedy and they boost the secretion of saliva which promotes digestion. The most common use of cumin seeds is for indigestion.
It heals ulcers and soothes the stomach nerve formed by the excess secretion of hydrochloric acid and eradicates sulfur burps and diarrhea. The cumin seeds are the best remedy on how to get rid of sulfur burps easily.
Foods to eat
These foods aid digestion and increase the overall health
- Cumin seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Green tea
- Caraway seeds
Foods To Avoid
These below-mentioned foods can aggravate the condition even worse. Therefore avoiding these foods could be of paramount help to the body.
- Deep-fried foods
- Fast foods
- Packaged foods
- Brussel sprouts
- Dairy products
- Red meats
[Read: Worst Foods for Thyroid]
Always make sure that you use only fresh fruits and vegetables. Because the rotten fruits and vegetable can aggravate the condition even worse when consumed
How to use?
- Take a tablespoon of fresh ground ginger and a cup of water
- Add the ginger to the water and boil it for 10-15minutes
- Strain the mixture and consume it immediately while its warm itself
- You can also have a tiny piece of fresh ginger in your mouth and chew after your meals
- Do this remedy 2-3 times a day
Ginger(2) is the natural ingredient that gets widely used as a remedy for many ailments that is ranging from digestive problems to pain relief. Due to its carminative effect, it provides a quick heal for gas troubles and sulfur burps by breaking up and expelling the intestinal gas that causes burps.
How to use?
- Take a chamomile tea bag and a cup of hot water
- Add the tea in a cup of hot water for 5-10minutes
- Consume this natural herbal tea
- Consume this drink on a daily basis for 2-3 times a day
Drinking chamomile tea on a regular basis is an extraordinary natural remedy for gas and burps relief as it ensures the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal system. It has sedative and relaxing properties. It is also good for digestive problems that are due to stress. The herb helps to relieve sulfur burps and diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting, loss of appetite, intestinal gas and motion sickness.
3. Home Remedies
Home remedies will be the simplest and easiest way to eradicating this condition. Some of them are as below
Apple Cider Vinegar:
How to use?
- Take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a glass of lukewarm water
- Now mix the apple cider vinegar in the lukewarm water
- Allow it to cool down to room temperature
- Consume this mixture twice or thrice a day till you get relieved from sulfur burps and nausea
Apple cider vinegar gets used for treating many medicinal issues. It offers a practical and fast response to sulfur burps. It restores the acid balance in the stomach and destroys the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water
- Mix the baking soda well in the water
- Consume this mixture on an empty stomach
- You can also consume after 1-2 hours of meals
- Do this on a daily basis to get complete relief
Then baking soda is the best of all kinds. Baking soda has antibacterial properties that ease microbe-related digestive issues. It is a natural antacid which when mixed with water neutralizes the excess acids in the stomach and gives relief from sulfur smelling burps.
4. Natural Methods
Water is essential for the body. A sufficient intake helps to fight many ailments, and sulfur burps are one of them. Stay well hydrated and drink a lot of water. It helps to fight against bacterial infection. Water is an essential aid for the stomach to help break down more significant chunks of protein and foods containing sulfur. Water eases the stress on the digestive system and relieves sulfur burps and gallbladder simultaneously.
There are a few dont’s, which if you follow could go a long way to relieve the symptoms of sulfur burps.
Reduce Trigger Foods
Reducing the consumption of trigger foods is the first step towards controlling the symptoms of sulfur burps. However, trigger foods vary and depend on the person. Garlic and Broccoli are high in sulfur, however, they don’t tend to cause a reaction in everyone. Hence figure out your trigger foods and stay away from them.
Control of Alcohol Intake
There are several studies and anecdotes that point to alcohol being a major culprit for sulfur burps, cutting back on the intake of alcohol could reduce your symptoms and even prevent sulfur burps
Avoid Sugary Foods
Sugar is a contributing factor towards sulfur burps, sugar feeds the bacteria in the gut and helps in the production of hydrogen sulfide gas and could cause the symptoms of sulfur burps.
Avoid Large Meals
The digestive system whilst breaking down the meals does release sulfur gases, hence providing the system with large meals could only lead to further disaster, hence to avoid the symptoms, stick to portioned sizes of food.
The natural methods and home remedies as discussed are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the gallbladder, intestine, and stomach. It is not a big deal to get rid of sulfur burps if you follow these natural remedies regularly.
Follow these natural methods and home remedies genuinely. While doing these remedies make sure you keep all precautions in mind to get useful results. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over time, make sure to consult with a physician