Every human being in the earth burps. Is it as normal as that? Yes! But rotten egg smell like burps when you are talking, when you are in a crowd, and when you are eating causes you embarrassment more than discomfort. These rotten egg smell burps are sulfur burps. But do you have any idea on what is sulfur burps? So here is your answer to your most curious question.
Sulfur burps are burps with a foul rotten egg smell. It occurs due to hydrogen sulfide gas in the body. The digestive system in the human body expels excess air called as burps.
Burps are mostly harmless, but excessive burping could be a signal of an underlying gastrointestinal problem. So if you are wondering on how to get rid of sulfur burps then follow these wondrous natural methods on sulfur burps that will give tremendous results.
Sulfur Burps Causes
Sulfur burps occur due to several factors. Some of a few are listed below.
- Food poisoning
- Stress and anxiety
- During pregnancy
- Intake of drugs and medicines
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Bacteria in the oral cavity
- Consumption of high protein foods (sulfur-rich foods)
- Drinking more beer
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
Natural Methods to Get Rid of Sulfur Burps
How to use?
- Take a few garlic cloves and vegetable or chicken broth
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Now add them to the vegetable or chicken broth
- Allow it to boil for 15-20 minutes
- Consume the soup immediately with the heat
- Consume this twice a day for useful results on sulfur burps
When it comes to burps or gas on the body, the main food that comes into mind is garlic. Garlic can stimulate the gastric system and helps relieve gas, burps, and bloating(1). Add the garlic into the daily diet and cooking for marvelous effect on how to get rid of sulfur burps.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies To Treat Gastritis]
How to use?
- Take a fresh lemon and a glass of hot water
- Squeeze the lemon juice
- Add the lemon juice to the hot water
- Consume this immediately with the warm
- Drink 2-3 glasses a day for good results
Are you wondering on how to get rid of sulfur burps? Then this is the purest natural food to get rid of sulfur burps. Lemon is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
These antioxidants contain anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that will act forcefully on bacteria present in the food passage. Lemon juice immensely promotes the secretion of bile juice by the liver which will aid by improving the digestion process in the intestine.
How to use?
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of cumin seeds and hot water
- Add the cumin seeds in hot water allow it to heat for a few minutes
- Strain the liquid from the mixture
- Drink the remaining cumin tea once it has cooled down
- You can also chew a handful of cumin seeds after the meal to aid digestion
- Do this thrice a day best results
Cumin seeds are an excellent natural remedy for sulfur burps and stomach pain. Cumin seeds boost the secretion of saliva which promotes digestion. The most common use of cumin seeds is for indigestion.
It heals ulcers and soothes the stomach nerve formed by the excess secretion of hydrochloric acid and eradicates sulfur burps and diarrhea. The cumin seeds are the best remedy on how to get rid of sulfur burps easily.
Foods to eat
These foods aid digestion and increase the overall health by putting an end to the sulfur burps.
- Cumin seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Green tea
- Caraway seeds
Foods To Avoid
These below-mentioned foods can aggravate the condition even worse. Therefore avoiding these foods can help to get rid of sulfur burps.
- Deep-fried foods
- Fast foods
- Packaged foods
- Brussel sprouts
- Dairy products
- Red meats
[Read: Worst Foods for Thyroid]
Always make sure that you use only fresh fruits and vegetables. Because the rotten fruits and vegetable can aggravate the condition even worse when consumed
How to use?
- Take a tablespoon of fresh ground ginger and a cup of water
- Add the ginger to the water and boil it for 10-15minutes
- Strain the mixture and consume it immediately while its warm itself
- You can also have a tiny piece of fresh ginger in your mouth and chew after your meals
- Do this remedy 2-3 times a day for getting rid of sulfur burps
Ginger(2) is the natural ingredient which gets widely used as a remedy for many ailments that is ranging from digestive problems to pain relief. Due to its carminative effect, it provides a quick heal for gas troubles and sulfur burps by breaking up and expelling the intestinal gas that causes burps.
How to use?
- Take a chamomile tea bag and a cup of hot water
- Add the tea in a cup of hot water for 5-10minutes
- Consume this natural herbal tea
- Consume this drink on a daily basis for 2-3 times a day
Drinking chamomile tea on a regular basis is an extraordinary natural remedy for gas and burps relief as it ensures the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal system. It has sedative and relaxing properties. It is also good for digestive problems that are due to stress. The herb helps to relieve sulfur burps and diarrhea, nausea, sulfur burps and vomiting, loss of appetite, intestinal gas and motion sickness.
3. Home Remedies for Sulfur Burps
Home remedies on how to get rid of sulfur burps will be the simplest and easiest way for eradicating sulfur burps. Some of them are as below.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
How to use?
- Take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a glass of lukewarm water
- Now mix the apple cider vinegar in the lukewarm water
- Allow it to cool down to room temperature
- Consume this mixture twice or thrice a day till you get relieved from sulfur burps and nausea
Apple cider vinegar gets used for treating many medicinal issues. It offers a practical and fast response to sulfur burps. It restores the acid balance in the stomach and destroys the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut. This effective act relieves you from sulfur burps and gas.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water
- Mix the baking soda well in the water
- Consume this mixture on an empty stomach
- You can also consume after 1-2 hours of meals
- Do this on a daily basis to get complete relief from the sulfur burps and stomach pain
Are you thinking on how to get rid of sulfur burps with home remedies? Then baking soda is the best of all kinds. Baking soda has antibacterial properties that ease microbe-related digestive issues. It is a natural antacid which when mixed with water neutralizes the excess acids in the stomach and gives relief from sulfur smelling burps.
4. Natural Methods
Water is essential for the body. A sufficient intake helps to fight many ailments, and sulfur burps are one of them. Stay well hydrated and drink a lot of water. It helps to fight against the bacterial infection. Water is an essential aid for the stomach to help break down more significant chunks of protein and foods containing sulfur. Water eases the stress on the digestive system and relieves sulfur burps and gallbladder simultaneously.
The natural methods and home remedies for how to get rid of sulfur burps are discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the gallbladder, intestine, and stomach. It is not a big deal to get rid of sulfur burps if you follow these natural remedies regularly.
Follow these natural methods and home remedies genuinely. While doing these remedies make sure you keep all precautions in mind to get useful results. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over time, make sure to consult with a physician