Ingrown hair is usually not a thing to be concerned. They are a common symptom after you have shaved or waxed your hair from your body. However, if the problem is recurring and the ingrown hair after shaving keep pestering you and cause pain, you may need some piece of advice as the ingrown hair can quickly turn to infected ingrown hair due to inflammation, scarring or bacterial infection. To know more on how to get rid of ingrown hair, understand what it is and what causes them.
What is an Ingrown Hair?
Ingrown hair refers to the condition when your hair curls and grows back or sideways into your skin. This situation usually arises when you shave your hair or is caused due to:
- Curly and coarse hair
- Cutting of hair
- Sexual hormones
- Excessive hair growth
What does an Ingrown Hair look like?
An ingrown hair irritates the skin. It produces a red, raised bump which appears like a tiny pimple. In some cases, it forms a boil and gets painful.
How to Get Rid of Ingrown Hair Naturally?
How to Get Rid of Ingrown Facial Hair with Foods that help?
1. Use bread and milk as an ingrown hair remedy
Bread and milk are a great combination to get rid of ingrown hair naturally along with giving your skin a natural glow.
How to use?
- Take some warm milk and soak one bread slice in it
- Apply it on the affected area and keep it for some time
- You can also secure it with a band-aid
- Repeat it till the hair loop softens and comes out
Benefits of Milk and Bread
The combination of milk and bread acts as a great exfoliator. The warmth from the milk moistens the follicle and moisturizes it. Bread helps the hair to come out of its place naturally.
How to Prevent Ingrown Hair on Cyst with an Herbal Remedy?
1. Use Aloe Vera Gel for ingrown hair bump and others
Aloe Vera has uses which do not limit to skin or hair. This plant has a widened utility regarding getting rid of ingrown hair as well. You can also use it to treat ingrown hair on the penis.
How to use?
- Peel of the gel from the leaf of the plant
- Stir the gel till it becomes uninformed
- Apply it on the affected areas and let it stay for an hour
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- You can continue doing this twice or thrice a day
Benefits of using Aloe Vera Gel
The gel instantly provides relief from redness, dryness, itching, and inflammation and also the healing process of the skin fastens. It also helps in reducing the ingrown hair boil by soothing the affected areas(1).
[Read: Natural Methods to Stop Itching]
Use fresh aloe vera gel and not the ones with preservatives.
How to Treat Ingrown Hair on the Neck and Others with Essential oils?
1. How to get rid of ingrown hair on the neck with tea tree essential oil?
Do you know how to get rid of ingrown hair with essential oil? Well, tea tree essential oil is also wondrous to treat ingrown nose hair. It is the best essential oil for ingrown hair.
How to use?
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil and add water to it to make a dilute solution
- Apply the solution on the affected skin after you have cleaned it well
- It is better to use an anti-bacterial soap to cleanse your skin
- Leave the solution on the skin for about 10-15 minutes
- Massage it for 2 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water
- Follow this remedy daily for useful results
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
Tea tree oil(2) has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which not only helps get rid of ingrown hair but also make skin free from infection.
Diluting the oil with a carrier oil is essential. Also, it is recommended to take a patch test before using any of the essential oils.
Other essential oils for ingrown hair
- Lemongrass oil
- Lavender oil
- Chamomile oil
How to Get Rid of Ingrown Hair with a Home remedy?
1. Use a sugar scrub to treat ingrown hair cyst and ingrown hair
One of the leading causes of ingrown hair is the clogging up of pores due to the accumulation of dead skin cells, dirt, and oil. Exfoliating the skin at regular intervals cleans the clogged pores and makes the skin healthier.
How to use?
- Take a cup of white sugar and add olive oil or tea tree oil to it
- You can also add essential oil to it
- Mix the ingredients well
- Apply on the affected area and scrub lightly
- Repeat the same twice a week for best results
Benefits of using a sugar scrub
Sugar has fine particles and is a great exfoliating agent. It can help you get rid of dead skin cells that occupy the pores on your skin.
Do not scrub your skin very hard so that it causes rashes.
[Read: Essential Oils for Ingrown Hair]
2. How to remove ingrown hair on the face with coffee and honey scrub?
Looking for how to get rid of ingrown hair? Well, coffee is another fantastic exfoliating agent. It is also beneficial to cure ingrown hair on armpit.
How to use?
- Take a bowl of coffee and add a few tablespoons of honey to it
- Make a thick paste of them by mixing them
- Apply the past on the affected area and scrub lightly
- Use this remedy two to three times a week for best results
- Repeat this activity twice a week
Benefits of using coffee and honey scrub
The particles of coffee are great at unclogging your pores and honey provides excellent moisturization to the skin. The combination is an excellent exfoliator for the skin.
Apply the scrub gently and clean yourself with warm water properly after using this remedy.
How to Stop Ingrown Hair on Legs and others with a Natural Treatment?
1. Use salt water for ingrown hair on labia
Wondering how to get rid of ingrown hair with salt water? Immerse yourself in the soothing salt water to get rid of ingrown pubic hair and ingrown hair on the vagina.
How to use?
- Take a bowl of lukewarm water and add two tablespoons of salt in it
- Mix them properly to make an excellent solution
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the solution
- Rub the cotton on the affected areas softly
- Let is stay for a few minutes
- Carry out this routine daily
Benefits of using salt water
Salt helps in reducing the swelling caused by the growth of ingrown hair and also heals the skin by increasing circulation and exfoliating the skin.
For longest ingrown hair removal, other than essential oils and natural remedies, a few home remedies can also get used which are helpful. Learn how to get rid of ingrown hair with other home remedies.
[Read: Get Rid of Ingrown Hair on Legs]
Other Home Remedies for Ingrown Hair
- Applying lime juice helps
- Go for hot compresses
- Consume white tea and apply it as well
- Exfoliate with homemade scrubs
How to get rid of ingrown hair is undoubtedly a question in everyone’s mind? The problem of ingrown hair is not serious; however, it may cause pain, with consistent and proper use of natural remedies, you can prevent and treat the problem of ingrown hair. Hope your search on how to get rid ingrown hair ends with this article.