Skin psoriasis is a frustrating dermatological condition that is characterized by the acute roughness and burning sensation of the skin. It can be treated naturally by the effective administration of home remedies for psoriasis.
What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic dermatological condition that is characterized by an abnormal response of the immune system which triggers a rapid accumulation of epidermal cells. Psoriasis gets marked by the formation of scaly and blistering patches on the skin which is severely dry and itchy.
What are the different psoriasis causes?
- Infection and inflammation of the skin
- The injury caused to the skin
- Exposure of the skin to the UV rays of the Sun
- Excessive use of harsh chemical cosmetics
- Deficiency of vitamins
- Dry and chilly weather, and many more
What are the different types of psoriasis?
There are five different types of psoriasis
- Psoriatic arthritis
What are psoriasis symptoms?
- Reddish, swollen and thick patches on the surface of the skin
- Small spots of peeling skin
- The appearance of dry cracks with occasional bleeding
- Development of painful and burning ulcers on the skin
- Pain and stiffness of joints
Top 5 Fabulous Home Remedies for Psoriasis
If you are wondering on how to heal psoriasis, then follow through with a combination of the home remedies for psoriasis elucidated below to treat psoriasis in a brief time.
1. Treat psoriasis with the help of Food
How to treat psoriasis using plain yogurt?
Yogurt is one of the most soothing remedies for psoriasis on face and others. It can also get used for the natural cure of psoriasis on lips.
How to use?
- Add a few teaspoons of rose water to 3-4 tablespoons of yogurt with gentle stirring
- Smear the yogurt all over psoriasis on feet
- Rinse the skin after about half an hour
- Do this twice a day for the natural treatment of psoriasis.
Benefits of using yogurt
Yogurt has a rich nutritional composition. Topical application of yogurt nourishes the skin and rejuvenates its health. It can cure the inflammation, heal the dryness with proper hydration and cure psoriasis on legs, psoriasis on the neck, and psoriasis on other parts of the skin in no time.
Make sure that the yogurt is fresh and unsweetened. It is recommended to use homemade yogurt that is devoid of chemicals and additives, instead of purchasing the same from outside.
Foods to eat
It is necessary to eat foods that help to keep the skin hydrated and well nourished. You can take the following foods for the prevention and cure of itchy feet and hands.
- Nuts and seeds
- Eggs, fish, and meat
- Lentils, peas, and beans
- Green leafy veggies
- Fresh and juicy fruits
Foods to avoid
These foods hamper the natural oil production process of the skin and make it dry further.
- Fatty food
- Junk food
- Spicy food
- Carbonated beverages
- Caffeinated drinks
- Sugary food
2. Treat psoriasis with the help of herbal treatments
How to get rid of psoriasis vulgaris, psoriasis on penis, and vaginal psoriasis by using aloe vera gel?
The topical application of aloe vera gel is one of the most effective home remedies for psoriasis, genital psoriasis, and psoriasis on fingers.
How to use?
- Slit a fresh aloe vera leaf to extract its gel
- Add a few drops of vitamin E oil to the aloe vera gel
- Apply the paste to arms and hands
- Rinse the paste off with water after about 30 minutes
- Do this on a daily basis for the psoriasis elbow to heal
Benefits of using aloe vera
The gel helps in keeping the skin well hydrated. It locks in the moisture and prevents the skin from becoming dry and scaly. It cures the inflammation of the skin, alleviates the pain and itchiness, heals the blisters and rashes and soothes the dry and dull skin quickly.
Conduct a patch test by applying the gel to an unaffected area of skin and testing the allergic reaction of the surface to it.
3. Use essential oils as home remedies for psoriasis
How to cure psoriasis arthritis, and psoriasis in ears by using myrrh essential oil?
Myrrh essential oil is one of the best essential oils for psoriasis. It is not only great for the natural cure of nail psoriasis and psoriasis toenails but can also get used for the effective treatment of dry and peeling skin.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of myrrh essential oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Massage the affected areas of the skin with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Rinse the skin in the next morning
- Do this every night for psoriasis on eyelid, psoriasis on back and psoriasis on neck to heal
Benefits of using myrrh essential oil
Myrrh essential oil fights against dehydration, dryness, and scaliness of skin by keeping the skin well moisturized. It possesses potent antibiotic, antifungal and antiseptic properties that help in healing the skin and inhibiting inflammation and infection of the skin.
Conduct a patch test on the skin to test the sensitivity of skin to myrrh essential oil before using it on the affected parts of the surface.
How to heal scalp psoriasis with tea tree essential oil?
Tea tree essential oil is another useful remedy amongst other home remedies for psoriasis. Topical application of diluted tea tree essential oil can cure the pain and inflammation of the skin in a few days.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of tea tree essential oil to a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Massage your dry and flaky scalp with the oil mixture before retiring for the day
- Massage the hair from the follicles and roots to the tips with the oil mixture
- Cover your head with a shower cap
- Rinse your hair in the next morning
- Do this every night for the scalp psoriasis to get cured
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
Tea tree essential oil helps to keep the scalp nourished and moisturized. It fights against dandruff and flakiness of the scalp. It hydrates the scalp, cures the inflammation, combats against oxidative stress, and heals psoriasis.
Conduct a patch test on the scalp and hair to test the sensitivity of the scalp to tea tree essential oil before using it on the affected parts of the skin.
4. Home remedies for psoriasis
How to heal psoriasis on hands and psoriasis on arms by using cocoa butter?
Cocoa butter is a soothing and fragrant way of curing psoriasis amongst other home remedies for psoriasis.
How to use?
- Blend a cup each of cocoa butter and jojoba oil, and warm the mixture until it melts
- Whip the blend for about 15 minutes
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil to the fluffy butter obtained from whipping
- Smear the butter all over the dry and scaly skin
- Do this twice daily for psoriasis to disappear
Benefits of using cocoa butter
Cocoa butter is the queen of natural cosmetics and is a fragrantly effective way of how to treat dry psoriasis. Its rich content of stearic acid, palmitic acid, arachidic acid, and lauric acid is incredibly beneficial for the natural hydration of the skin.
Raw cocoa butter can get used for the moisturization of lips, hands, legs, and genital psoriasis.
Conduct a patch test by applying the homemade cocoa butter moisturizer on the unaffected regions of the skin before using it on the rough and dry patches.
5. Natural treatments for psoriasis
How to use the steaming method for psoriasis on face?
The steaming method can get effectively used for the natural cure of psoriasis. It is one of the most recommended amongst other home remedies for psoriasis.
How to use?
- Fill a vessel with boiling water
- Lower your face nearer to the boiling water to get sufficient steam without scalding the skin
- Cover your head along with the vessel with a towel so that the steam does not escape out of the system
- Let the steamy vapor get absorbed into the dry and blistering skin
- Do this for 15 minutes twice daily for psoriasis to heal
Benefits of the steaming method
Exposure of the skin to the steam vapor helps in intense moisturization of the skin. The thorough hydration heals the scaliness and blisters and cures the skin effectively.
Do not get too close to the vessel otherwise; you might get minor burns.
How to prevent skin psoriasis?
- Use herbal and natural cosmetic products
- Quit smoking and abuse of alcohol
- Apply sunscreen lotions before going out in the Sun to prevent sunburns and peeling of skin
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Keep your skin well moisturized by making use of natural moisturizers like pumpkin seed oil, shea butter, etc.
Skin psoriasis can be healed by following through with the natural remedies. Stick to a healthy diet and do regular exercise to keep your skin healthy and free of diseases.