Has your skin become itchy and annoying? Does it feel rough and scaly? Are you going through this intense urge to crawl out of your skin? Well, you can ditch the pain and trouble and embrace a host of unusual procedures of contact dermatitis home remedy that will cure the inflammation of your skin and rejuvenate your health and beauty.
What is contact dermatitis and what constitutes as contact dermatitis symptoms??
Contact dermatitis is a dermatological condition that is characterized by mild to severe inflammation, blistering, swelling, itching, and dryness of skin.
What does contact dermatitis look like?
Contact dermatitis makes the skin appear dry, scaly and reddish with inflammation.
What are contact dermatitis causes?
- Use of harsh chemical cosmetics
- Exposure to UV rays of the Sun
- Alcoholism and smoking
- Injuries inflicted on skin and more
Top 5 methods of contact dermatitis home remedy
Cure the condition by the administration of contact dermatitis home remedy and natural treatment that will heal the skin and revitalize its health and beauty.
1. Foods that constitute as contact dermatitis home remedy
How to get rid of allergic contact dermatitis with honey?
If you are wondering on how to treat contact dermatitis, then try a teaspoon of honey for the fast natural treatment of the dermatological condition. The honey remedy can get implemented in all the perioral dermatitis healing stages.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of rose water to a tablespoon of honey with gentle stirring
- Smear the mixture all over the contact dermatitis blisters
- Rinse it off after about half an hour
- Do this thrice in a day for the irritant contact dermatitis to heal
Benefits of using honey
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of honey help to keep microbial infection of the skin at bay. Its anti-inflammatory nature aids in curing the inflammation of the skin and healing the contact dermatitis rash.
Make sure that the honey is pure and unrefined. Processed honey is almost always stripped of its nutrients and is not suitable for skin at all.
Foods to Eat
It is essential to have the following foods to keep the skin healthy and protect it against dermatological disorders.
- Nuts and seeds
- Eggs, fish, and meat
- Lentils, peas, and beans
- Green leafy veggies
- Fresh and juicy fruits
Foods to avoid
It is essential to stay away from the following foods to get better results of any of the contact dermatitis home remedy. They tend to dry the skin and inhibits the production of natural oils.
- Fatty food
- Junk food
- Spicy food
- Carbonated beverages
- Caffeinated drinks
- Sugary food
2. Herbal treatments that constitute as contact dermatitis
How to cure contact dermatitis on the face by using chamomile flowers?
The use of chamomile flowers is an excellent herbal cure for contact dermatitis on hands and the face.
How to use?
- Boil a handful of dried chamomile flowers in a cup of water
- Strain out the liquid and let it simmer down for some time
- Soak a clean handkerchief in it and then wrap the contact dermatitis blisters with it
- Keep it on for about half an hour
- Do this twice in a day for the allergic contact dermatitis to heal
Benefits of using chamomile flowers
Chamomile is rich in powerful antioxidants that cure the oxidative damage and inflammation of the skin and treat irritant contact dermatitis quite effectively.
Conduct a patch test on the skin before applying the chamomile solution of the affected area of the surface.
3. Use of essential oil for contact dermatitis
How to treat contact dermatitis by the use of tea tree essential oil?
Tea tree essential oil is incredibly beneficial for the natural treatment of contact dermatitis hands and contact dermatitis rash.
How to use?
- Mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil with a tablespoon of olive oil
- Apply the oil mixture to the contact dermatitis blisters with slight massaging
- Rinse the skin after about 15 minutes
- Do this on a daily basis for the skin to heal
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree essential oil make it a highly effective contact dermatitis home remedy. This natural treatment can be administered to keep the skin hydrated and well nourished throughout the day.
Massaging with oil beats the dryness of skin and heals the rashes and blisters.
Apply the tea tree essential oil on an unaffected area of the skin to make sure that your skin is not allergic or sensitive to it.
4. Home remedies to treat contact dermatitis
How to cure eyelid contact dermatitis with coconut oil?
Coconut oil is one of the best natural remedies of contact dermatitis baby and contact dermatitis on face and eyelids.
How to use?
- Warm a few tablespoons of coconut oil
- Massage the affected areas of the skin with the heated oil before going to bed at night
- Do this on a daily basis for the dryness of skin and allergic contact dermatitis to heal
Benefits of using coconut oil
The topical application of coconut oil helps in keeping the skin well moisturized and nourished. It fights against the dryness and irritation of skin and soothes the pain and inflammation of irritant contact dermatitis.
Test the temperature of the oil before applying it to the affected areas of the skin. Make sure that the oil is not overheated.
5. Natural Treatment to cure contact dermatitis
How to get rid of contact dermatitis rash with the use of oatmeal bath?
Oatmeal bath gets counted as the best contact dermatitis home remedy amongst others.
How to use?
- Pour a bowl of freshly ground oatmeal into a tub of lukewarm water
- Soak your body in the bath for about 20 minutes
- Do this daily for the blisters, rashes and peeling to get cured
Benefits of using oatmeal baths
Oatmeal helps in the shedding of the skin. It sloughs off the dead cells and aids in restoring the skin to health.
If you are prone to catch colds, then it is recommended not to spend any more than 10 minutes in the bath.
How to prevent contact dermatitis?
- Use herbal soaps and cosmetics
- Quit drinking and smoking
- Drink plenty of water
You can choose any contact dermatitis home remedy from the list as they are not only efficient and effective but also are very easy to follow. Along with them, adhere to a balanced diet and stick to regular exercising to make your skin glow with health and beauty.