Dry lips are a common problem. And to be honest, those chapped lips with dead skin coming off or clinging to the lips do not present a pleasant sight to the viewer. Further, it is embarrassing and painful for the one experiencing it. Here are some quick home remedies for how to get dead skin off lips.
What causes the dead skin on lips?
Blessed are those who have beautiful and plump lips while there are many who suffer from excessive dry and chapped lips. If you are continually peeling dead skin off lips, then it might be that you are suffering from extreme dryness which may be due to the following factors:
- Sun damage
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive licking of lips
- Irritants in toothpaste
- Certain medications
Home remedies for how to get dead skin off lips
Licking your lips or biting the dead skin off lips is no solution for chapped lips. To remove the dead skin follow the home cures for how to get dead skin off lips mentioned below.
1. Foods that may help get rid of dead skin off lips
● How to remove dead skin from lips with lemon juice?
Lemon is an excellent remedy for how to get dead skin off lips. It can help you get back your beautiful, pink lips.
How to use?
- Take a lemon
- Cut it into half
- Take one lemon slice and spread some salt on it
- Rub the slice on your lips gently for about two minutes
- After that, clean your lips with a washcloth
- Then apply some honey on your lips for about 10 minutes to hydrate them
Benefits of lemon juice
Lemon juice is a natural exfoliator and helps in removing dead skin from your lips. Further, its bleaching properties naturally lighten your lips.
If your lips are excessively chapped or dry, then do not use lemon juice as it may sting.
2. Herbal Treatments for clearing dead skin from lips
● How to get dead skin off lips with aloe vera?
Aloe vera is a fantastic remedy that hydrates your lips and effectively eliminates dead skin on lips.
How to use?
- Take an aloe vera leaf
- Cut the leaf and scoop out the gel
- Apply the gel on your lips
- Leave it overnight
- Use the gel every night to nourish your lips
Benefits of aloe vera
Application of aloe vera gel soothes your chapped lips and removes the dead white skin on lips. It nourishes your lips and strengthens it; thus, preventing it from drying out due to external factors.
You must use the fresh aloe vera gel extracted from the leaf.
3. Essential oils for eliminating dead skin from the lips
● How to clear the dead skin off your lips with Lavender Essential Oil?
Lavender Essential Oil is a mild essential oil that can be used on chapped lips to moisturize them and get rid of excessive dryness and peeling skin.
How to use?
- Add four drops of lavender essential oil in two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Combine them and apply them on your chapped lips
- You can store the blend in a lip balm container and use it whenever your lips feel dry
[Read: Get Rid of peeling skin]
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil moisturizes your lips and lubricates them. Its healing properties promotes skin regeneration and aid in the quick repair of dry and painful lips. Also, being analgesic and anti-inflammatory, it soothes the inflamed lips and eases the pain. Lavender Essential Oil is an excellent treatment for how to get dead skin off lips. You will see visible results within three days of consistent use.
Always dilute the essential oil with coconut oil. Do not apply it directly on your lips.
4. Home remedies for removing dead skin of the lips
● How to get dead skin off lips with sugar scrub?
Sugar scrub is a great exfoliator to remove off the dead skin cells on the lips. Mix it with honey and olive oil to make an excellent lip scrub for dead skin on lips.
How to use?
- In a bowl add a teaspoon of brown sugar, half a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of olive oil
- Combine them, do not let the sugar dissolve.
- Apply the scrub on your lips and gently exfoliate in circular motions
- After that, wash off the scrub with lukewarm water
- Use it every alternate day to heal your damaged lips. After that, you can use it one or two times a week to get results.
Benefits of sugar scrub
Sugar is a natural exfoliator that helps getting rid of black, dead skin on lips and reveals the natural color of the lips.
Do not excessively scrub the lips as it may further damage the thin skin of your lips.
[Read: How to Get Rid of Pimple on Lip]
5. Natural Treatments for removing dead skin from lips
How to get rid of dead cells on lips with a toothbrush and petroleum jelly?
The layer of dead skin cells on the lips can be easily removed by using a toothbrush and petroleum jelly.
How to use?
- Take an old toothbrush with soft bristles
- Rub it gently on your lips in a circular motion for about two minutes
- After that, rinse your lips with lukewarm water
- Apply some petroleum jelly
Benefits of exfoliating with a toothbrush
Rubbing your lips with toothbrush significantly removes the dead skin cells.
Do not rub the toothbrush excessively on your lips as it may damage your lips further.
How to prevent dry and chapped lips?
- Exfoliate your lips one or two times a week
- Keep them moisturized
- Do not excessively scrub your lips
- Do not lick your lips
- Refrain from biting dead skin off lips
Your lips are the most sensitive part of your body that get damaged easily. Hence, they require your attention and care. If you are suffering from dry lips with peeling skin, then try the remedies mentioned above for how to get dead skin off lips. These remedies help remove the dead skin layer and accelerate their healing.