When the endometrium starts developing on the outer uterus and pelvic lining instead of developing inside the uterus, then that disease is called Endometriosis.
The symptoms of this disease are immense menstrual pain, pelvic cramps, pain in the rectum during intercourse, rectal cramp, irregular bowels, backache and more. If endometriosis is left untreated then it can even cause damage to fertility.
But, the question is how to treat endometriosis? Below listed are some of the home remedies for natural endometriosis treatment.
Home Remedies for Endometriosis Pain
1. Castor Oil:
Castor oil is one of the most effective natural treatment for endometriosis as it gets good rid of body toxins and excessive tissues.
- Take one-fourth a cup of castor oil(1) and add about eight drops of lavender oil to it.
- Heat the oil till it gets considerably warm and then soak a clean cloth in the warm oil mixture.
- Place the soaked cloth on your lower abdomen and then keep a hot water bottle that’s not too heavy on top of the cloth.
- Keep this on for about half an hour to an hour.
- Rinse off the oil with clean water.
- Do not do this while going through menstruation.
Turmeric is renowned for the anti-inflammatory properties that make it an effective remedy for endometriosis. The biochemical curcumin present in turmeric checks the development of endometrial cells on the outer lining of endometrium.
- Take two cups of water and boil it.
- Add a teaspoon each of turmeric and ginger powder to the boiling water.
- Stir well and add a tablespoon each of honey and lemon extract to it.
- Drink this daily until the disease gets cured.
- Avoid this remedy if you are on blood-thinning medication.
Watermelon is rich in lycopene which inhibits the growth of fibroids.
- Take half a slice of watermelon and put it in a blender to extract its juice.
- Drink a glass of watermelon juice every morning on an empty stomach to heal the endometrial growth on the uterine cavity(2).
4. Chamomile tea:
This tea is highly effective in curing the pain, inflammation and swelling caused by endometriosis.
- Boil a cup of water and ad three to four leaves of chamomile to the boiling water.
- Let the concoction boil for about ten minutes.
- Strain out the tea and drink it daily until you heal.
Dandelion is rich in antioxidants that attacks the harmful free radicals, detoxifies the urinary bladder and improves physiological immunity.
- You can either have dandelion salad every day or steam the greens and eat them.
- Follow this remedy for two to four weeks and the endometriosis will heal.
- You may also have dandelion tea by adding a few dandelion flowers to boiling water and straining out the tea after ten minutes.
- Sweeten the bitter dandelion tea with a tablespoon of honey and drink this daily for endometriosis to heal.
6. Burdock roots:
Infuse this herb into your diet for quick healing of endometriosis. It regulates liver functioning and improves the hormonal balance of the body.
- To prepare burdock tea add a couple of burdock roots to water and set it on boil for about ten minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of honey if the tea tastes too bitter.
- Drink two cups of burdock tea daily till the disease gets cured.
This herb is a killer of endometriosis and regulates even performance of the reproductive system. It improves the smooth flow of blood and prevents clotting of blood during periods(3).
- To prepare the motherwort tea, boil a cup of water and add a tablespoon of the herb to the boiling water.
- Strain out the tea after ten minutes of boiling and drink this thrice a day till the endometriosis gets healed.
[Read: Health Benefits of Motherwort]
8. Red Raspberries:
Red raspberries help to tone the pelvic muscles and provide relief from menstrual cramps and heavy flow of menstrual blood.
- To prepare tea of red raspberries take a few leaves of the plant and add it to a cup of boiling water.
- Let it boil for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Strain out the tea and drink it twice daily till the symptoms of endometriosis fade away.
9. Blackberry leaves:
This is one of the most effective natural care for endometriosis. It successfully brings about a balance amongst hormones and is primarily used in remedying menstrual problems owing to the fact that it can balance the levels of estrogen in the body.
- Blend a teaspoon each of blackberry leaf, wild yam, dried roots of Echinacea and motherwort in a cup.
- Fill this cup with water and set it on boil for about fifteen minutes.
- Strain out the tea and drink this twice daily until the disease gets cured.
The biochemical compounds present in nettle inhibits the generation of inflammatory and damaging prostaglandins, thus relieving the patient of endometrial pain and menstrual cramps.
- To prepare nettle tea, take a cup of water and set it to boil.
- Add two teaspoons of nettle leaf to the boiling water.
- Strain out the tea after ten to fifteen minutes of boiling.
- Drink it twice daily until the disease gets cured.
Ginseng is an ancient cure of endometriosis. It develops body immunity and fights hard against endometriosis. Take ginseng for about a year on a regular basis for its miraculous medicinal power.
- Consume a teaspoon of the raw herb daily until the disease gets cured.
- Do not overdose yourself with this.
- Any more than 3 grams is detrimental for health.
This famous herb of China is medically associated with several health issues that include endometriosis. It soothes the liver and enhances its working functionality. Licorice contains isoflavones that ensure hormonal balance and fights against endometrial adhesions.
- Drink tea infused with licorice powder.
- Take it thrice a day for a week till the disease gets cured.
It is the bark of this tree that is one of the best natural treatment for endometriosis. It pacifies inflammation and regularizes the lining of the uterine wall.
- Grind the bark of Saracaasoca into a fine powder.
- Take two tablespoons of this powder and infuse it into a glass of water.
- Set the water to boil and strain it out after about fifteen minutes.
- Drink this twice a day for the best results.
14. Oil of Primrose:
Oil of primrose is richly packed with GLA which is a type of fatty acid of type omega-6. This acid has remarkable inflammatory and healing properties. The GLA is converted in our body into beneficial prostaglandins which helps to regulate physiological functioning and control inflammation of uterine wall hence resulting in endometriosis cure.
- The oil of primrose is encapsulated and available in pills.
- It can be taken orally, one a day or as directed by the physician for hormonal balance and endometrial wellbeing.
15. Milk Thistle:
Milk thistle seeds are one of the most effective home remedies of the disease endometriosis. It checks the hypersecretion of estrogen and reduces the pain and inflammation in the uterus.
- Take the herbal seeds as directed under dosage instructions on the bottle of milk thistle seeds.
Artichoke inhibits the excessive secretion of estrogen and checks the development of endometrial tissue on the uterus and reduces inflammation of the uterine cavity.
- Artichoke can be eaten raw after removing the leaves.
- It can be boiled and peppered according to taste.
17. Diet of Omega-3:
A healthy diet rich in omega-3 is best suited for patients of endometriosis. Endometriosis diet should include foods like chia seeds, fish oil, tofu, beef, and oil of salmon, walnuts and flax seeds.
- Soak two tablespoons of flaxseeds in a cup of water and let it stay overnight.
- Strain out the liquid and drink it in the next morning.
- Do this daily and the symptoms will gradually disappear.
- Mix powdered flax seeds with yoghurt, smoothies, soups and salads for a good medicated meal.
Wondering about how to treat endometriosis naturally? Well, it can be done with the help of cinnamon too. It controls heavy flow of blood during menstruation, which is one of the main symptoms of endometriosis.
It contains cinnamaldehyde which maintains a balance of the hormone progesterone in the body.
- Grind a few sticks of cinnamon into powder and add two tablespoons of honey to it.
- Stir this to make a fine paste.
- Smear this paste on the painful area and rub gently for about half an hour.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Do this daily till the pain heals.
Asparagus is rich in folic acid that is extremely beneficial for the treatment of endometriosis. It also contains Vitamin E that cures menstrual cramps and endometrial pain.
- Take a teaspoon of asparagus and add it to a glass of milk.
- Drink this milk twice or thrice daily till the pain disappears.
20. Cruciferous vegetables:
These vegetables include cabbage, kale, cauliflower, turnips and radishes. The body gets detoxified and the excessive secretion of estrogen and progesterone gets inhibited.
- Eat a bowl of steamed cruciferous vegetables mixed with other ingredients of your choice.
- Take it twice a day to cure the endometrial pain.