Apple cider vinegar helps treat Rosacea by maintaining the acidic PH value of the skin. The balance of PH provided by apple cider vinegar matches precisely with the human skin requirements, which balances out any damages to the skin caused by the condition. It helps relieve the inflammation and reduces the reddening of the skin.
Apple cider vinegar makes the skin more alkaline, resulting in a lower concentration of hydrogen ions. These excessive hydrogen ions are the main cause of Rosacea.
Moreover, the increased amount of digestive enzymes normalize bacterial levels in the intestines can allow for bacteria balancing in the body. This balancing effect allows for controlling infections that can cause Rosacea. Thus, ACV for Rosacea acts as a preventative measure.
[Also Read: Apple Cider Vinegar: Uses And Benefits]
It also works as a curative treatment by balancing internal enzymes. The balance helps in reducing the adverse effects caused by Rosacea.
Typically, apple cider vinegar for Rosacea can be used in two ways: direct application on skin and oral consumption. The disease can prevail in less than 1 percent of the people to up to 20 percent, depending on the size, area, and demographics of the study (1). ACV for Rosacea can be an effective treatment.
- Did you know that apple cider vinegar (especially organic and unpasteurized) provides powerful internal cleansing?
- Some celebrities and renowned personalities like Bill Clinton, Diana (Princess of Wales) suffered from Rosacea?
The Remedy Recipe!
For direct application on the skin, you may follow the following steps:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one glass of water. Water MUST be purified, while the Cider must be organic (processed ones can have reduced efficiency). To make the remedy more effective, add grape juice to the mixture.
- Do NOT apply apple cider vinegar directly on the skin as it can be harmful. Instead, any mixture like the one mentioned above is preferable.
- It’s best to use the 2:1 rule. Mix 2 portions of water and one portion of the vinegar to the mixture.
- Transfer the ingredients to a nozzle-cap bottle for direct application.
- You may use cotton swabs to soak in the mixture and apply on the inflamed skin.
- If the inflation remains painful, you may add honey to the mixture to soothe the painful effect.
- Apply the mixture to the infected area for not more than once daily. Each application should not exceed 10 minutes.
- Do not forget to rinse the solution from the affected area with purified water after the treatment. ACV for Rosacea is best when used in mild applications.
[Also Read: Home Treatment for Rosacea]
ACV provides essential minerals like Band C Vitamins and mineral salts for Rosacea treatment. However, the addition of other organic extracts such a grapefruit extracts, lemon, and honey can increase the nutrition received by the mixture. Consequently, the skin can heal quicker.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Rosacea?
While applying the solution, do not just leave it on the skin. Gently spread it over the entire area.
The second method is to consume apple cider vinegar for Rosacea papules. For oral application, you can consume ACV in the form of liquid or tablet. If you are opting for liquid intake, you can make it a routine consumption.
Every morning, add apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water. You may add lemon flavoring and fresh honey to taste. Consume it as the first thing each morning and give a gap of at least half an hour before consuming any other food product. It acts as a cleanser and balances the internal hormones.
This cleansing satisfies the allergic reactions that could be caused by Rosacea, helping to manage and remove the condition. ACV for Rosacea reduces the effects of the condition significantly, resulting in better management and removal of the condition.
[Also Read: 10 Ultimate Essential Oils for Rosacea]
You need to be careful in the food you consume along with ACV. Certain food groups can be a trigger for Rosacea and can worsen the condition.
These include fermented products such as yogurt, sour cream, dry cheeses, soy sauce, and yeast extracts that are high in histamine(2). However, before initiating long-term oral use, it is better to consult a doctor for any possible side effects of the intake.
Apple cider vinegar for Rosacea can be beneficial for those who opt for organic treatment. The entire process is organic, resulting in no artificial compounds being applied to the skin. A skin already damaged can receive more harm by using unnatural materials.
At the same time, the treatment saves a person from the side effects of medicinal drugs. Added to it are the health benefits the process provides.
It can help people manage their skin condition sustainably and effectively, making it easier to get rid of the condition as a whole. The remedial connection between apple cider vinegar and Rosacea makes it worth a shot for Rosacea patients.
[Also Read: Probiotics That Treat Rosacea]
1. Will Apple Cider Damage My Skin?
Apple cider vinegar has a PH balance that meets your skin’s requirement. It protects your skin and damage.
2. What Is the Most Straightforward ACV Remedy for Rosacea?
To make it simple – drink one cup of warm water mixed with ACV, honey, and lemon. Takes least time to prepare.
3. Does ACV Prevent Rosacea in the Future?
By fighting harmful bacteria that may cause Rosacea, ACV ensures that once you get rid of the condition, it does not find its way back.