Is there unusual redness on your skin with visible and swollen blood vessels? It might not be just the sunburn but a skin disease known as Rosacea. Everyone likes red plum cheeks are, but rosacea causes extreme redness of facial skin which is not at all a pleasant sight. Skin break-outs might also accompany the flushing of the face. Rosacea is a chronic disease with no identifiable cure.
However, you can subside its awful symptoms with medications or otherwise opt for rosacea natural treatment that provides visible results. Besides being safe to use, the cures, if carried out faithfully, will ease the symptoms of the disease so that you can live your life carefree without any inhibitions.
What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin disease that causes unusual redness of the skin. It usually occurs on cheeks and nose but may spread to chin, ears, eyes, back, and chest region. It results from inflammation of blood vessels and at times is accompanied by acne.
What are the different types of rosacea?
Following are the four identifiable types of rosacea:
- Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea: Flushing of facial skin and inflammation in blood vessels.
- Papulopustular Rosacea: Redness and swelling of face accompanied by acne-like breakouts.
- Ocular Rosacea: Irritation, dryness, and flushing of eyes.
- Rhinophyma: Thickening of the skin of the nose.
What are the rosacea causes?
The possible cause of rosacea is yet to get identified yet. But the presence of a skin protein cathelicidin, Demodex, a skin mite or Helicobacter pyroli, an intestinal bacteria is associated with rosacea. Other factors that increase the blood flow in the vessels and trigger the condition are:
- Extreme Temperature
- Overexposure to sun and wind
- Ingestion of drugs that dilate blood vessels
- Spicy food
- Hot drinks
What are the rosacea symptoms?
The common symptoms of rosacea are:
- Redness of the facial skin
- Inflammation in blood vessels of cheeks
- Acne-like breakouts
- Thickening of nose skin
- Bloodshot eyes accompanied by irritation and dryness
What are the risk factors for rosacea?
The risk factors for rosacea are:
- Fair skin
- People with rosacea in family history
- People in the age group of 30 to 60 years
- Women approaching menopause
Some Effective Ways and Home Remedies for Rosacea Natural Treatment:
Rosacea is an incurable condition. The flare-ups of rosacea may come and go, but there is no permanent treatment for it. However, you can ease the state by employing rosacea natural treatment.
1. Foods that Help to Treat Rosacea
Cure Rosacea with Turmeric
Those looking for how to get rid of rosacea should try the medicinal herb, turmeric. It is one of the most useful natural cures for rosacea(1).
How to use?
- Take turmeric, yogurt, and honey
- Mix all the three to make a paste
- Spread it on the affected area
- Let it dry then wash it off with cold water
- Pat dry the area
- Repeat until you see a significant improvement
Benefits of using turmeric
Turmeric contains curcuminoids which when applied to the skin reduces the irritation and increases the blood flow to the inflamed areas. It fights against infections of bacteria and virus and hence also acts as a disinfectant.
Treat Rosacea with Oatmeal
Oatmeal is an ingredient that is readily available in our kitchen. Apart from its multiple health benefits, it also acts as an excellent remedy for rosacea natural treatment.
How to use?
- Take ½ cup oatmeal and grind it in a grinder
- Add the ground oatmeal mixture to a ¼ cup of water
- Mix well to form a paste and apply it on the affected area
- Wash it with cold water after 20 minutes
- Only pat it dry and avoid scrubbing the skin
Benefits of Oatmeal
The natural oils present in oatmeal(2) works wonders for treating rosacea. It works as a splendid exfoliator for the skin that not only imparts a soothing effect on the surface but also nourishes it for a complete cure.
Foods to Eat for Rosacea Cure
Include foods that help to reduce inflammation like green leafy vegetables and fruits. For example- Asparagus, cauliflower, cucumber, grapes, turmeric, etc.
Foods to Avoid for a Flare-up
- White flour
- Sugary food substances
- Processed meat
- Artificial sweeteners
2. Herbal treatment for Rosacea
Green tea is an effective cure for rosacea on the face
How to use?
- Add a green tea bag in a hot cup of water
- Refrigerate the tea for around 45 minutes
- Take a clean piece of cloth and dip it in the tea
- Gently massage the washcloth on the affected skin
- Repeat the process several times a day to see useful results
Benefits of green tea
It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe the rosacea rash and swollen blood vessels. Hence, if you are suffering from rosacea trouble, then green tea is one such remedy that you can always choose.
Always look for a green tea that is free from preservatives and harsh chemicals. Try and use the green tea that is available in its most natural form to avoid any further damage.
3. Essential oil for Rosacea Treatment
Tea tree oil is an excellent rosacea treatment
Inflammation of the skin might also lead to break-outs. These are rosacea acne. If you are looking for how to treat this acne or rosacea on the nose, then try tea tree oil remedy(4).
How to use?
- Mix a teaspoon of tea tree oil in a teaspoon of virgin oil
- Massage the mixture gently on the affected area for two to three minutes
- Take warm water and soak a clean cloth in it
- Squeeze out the excess water from the fabric and keep it on your face for some time
- After that, wash your face with warm water
- The process helps remove excess of oil and dirt and opens up the pores
Benefits of tea tree oil
The essential oil of tea tree is known to penetrate deep into the skin and unclog pores. It also prevents the build-up of microbes on skin that may cause infection. Further, the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil help soothe the skin.
A carrier oil is a necessity for diluting the tea tree oil. Never use it in the concentrated form as it may be harsh on the skin. Always make sure that the cloth that you use is clean.
Other Essential oils for Rosacea Treatment
Other essential oils for treating rosacea are:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Chamomile Essential Oil
- Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Rose Essential Oil
You can use the oils in different ways to ease your trouble. You can inhale them, or topically apply them to soothe the skin. Please note that the essential oils are highly potent; hence you should use them in diluted form.
4. Home remedies to cure Rosacea
Aloe Vera is a useful rosacea home remedy
Aloe vera(5) is one of the most popular natural remedies for various skin troubles and can also treat rosacea on arms and face. It finds use in Ayurvedic medicine too owing to its skin healing properties. Thus, if you are looking for something useful with quick results, then aloe vera is an excellent option for you.
How to use?
- Take pure aloe vera gel
- You can extract the gel from aloe vera leaf too
- Cut the leaf from between and squeeze out the gel
- Apply it directly on the affected area
- Leave for some time so that the gel dries
- After that, rinse the region with cold water
- Do this process at least two times every day to reduce the symptoms of Rosacea
- Also, include aloe vera juice in your diet
- It boosts the healing process of the skin and keeps it healthy and trouble-free
Benefits of using Aloe vera
The soothing properties of aloe vera are well-known. It’s natural anti-inflammatory properties, and soothing nature works wonders to heal rosacea effectively.
Always look for fresh aloe vera leaf for an effective treatment. If not, you can also purchase over the counter gel but look for the best and the most natural one without any hash preservatives and chemicals.
5. Natural treatments for Rosacea Cure
Treat mild rosacea in eyes with a warm compress
Dryness and itchiness in the eyes may be symptoms of ocular rosacea. If the condition isn’t severe and you are suffering from mild rosacea, then seek the warm compress for rosacea natural treatment(6).
How to use?
- Make a warm compress
- And apply it to the eye region several times a day
- Also, wash the eyelids with baby shampoo
- The method can ease the effect of rosacea in the eyes
Benefits of a warm compress
A warm compress helps in reducing the itchiness and irritation caused in the eye. The redness of the eyelids also diminishes with the warm compress.
What are the remedies to prevent rosacea flare-ups?
Though rosacea is incurable, the rosacea bumps and redness can get prevented. Alongside employing rosacea natural treatment adopt the below mentioned healthy lifestyle measures to prevent the flare-ups(7).
Practicing meditation and breathing exercises can be of great help in managing stress levels which are a significant trigger factor of Rosacea.
Cut down on unhealthy eating habits
Alcohol, fried and processed foods are known to worsen rosacea symptoms. You need to cut down on them to reduce the symptoms of rosacea and increase the time interval between flare-ups.
Switch to a healthy diet
Include foods that are anti-inflammatory. These will not only prevent flare-up but also alleviate the symptoms of rosacea. Some of the foods that you may add to your diet are onions, ginger, green tea, garlic, turmeric, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
The cause of rosacea is unknown that makes the disease incurable. However, you can reduce the signs and symptoms of the disease that cause much trouble by employing rosacea natural treatment. The natural cures mentioned for Rosacea reduce the symptoms like unusual redness and inflammation of the skin that cause much discomfort and embarrassment.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle and correct remedies can reduce the flare-ups so that you can get back to normal life. Further, stressing out about the issue may not be a solution as it will further aggravate the condition. You need not panic about the situation as many live by it and still stand tall.
Bill Clinton, W.C. Fields are some of the renowned personalities who suffered from rosacea, but the disease did not come in their way of success. You too need not limit yourself but overcome the situation with much more force.