Worried about your thinning hair? Thinning hair certainly doesn’t mean that you are going to get bald. Thinning hair is a condition where you still have time you get to the root of the cause and figure out the best treatment available out there.
According to the American Hair Loss Association, 85 percent of men experience thinning of hair by the age of 50. Forty percent of all females experience hair thinning as they age(1).
Apart from aging, thinning hair can also occur due to changes in lifestyle habits, heredity, or genetics. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, usually, a person sheds at least 50 to 100 hair in a day(2).
If you are losing more hair than you should, that means you’re your condition needs attention. If ignored, thinning hair might turn into alopecia. Most states of thinning hair can be easily treated with simple home remedies for thinning hair.
How to Get Thicker hair Using Home Remedies
Below is the list of home remedies to make your hair thicker and shinier. Read on
1. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are popularly known to treat various hair conditions. Fenugreek seeds are one of the best home remedies for thinning hair. They strengthen the hair from the root by dealing with follicular issues. Its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties alleviate irritants on the scalp, such as dandruff. Using fenugreek hair frequently can condition your hair and give it a silky shine. Fenugreek seeds promote hair growth and prevent grey hair.
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Blend the soaked seeds with some water and lemon juice. Apply the mask on to your hair and scalp. Rinse it off after 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can also soak fenugreek seeds in yogurt, apply the mask, and rinse it off in 30 minutes.
- You can also grind the seeds along with yogurt, lemon juice, and some water. Apply the thick paste on your hair and rinse it off after 30-40 minutes.
You can use the remedy twice a week to obtain desirable results.
2. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is equally effective as coconut oil for thinning hair. Coconut milk is one of the best home remedies for thicker hair. The nutritional content in coconut milk treats all kinds of hair damages and problems.
The nutritional benefits of coconut milk stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth. It conditions hair and removes all chemicals from the scalp. It moisturizes the scalp and restores hair growth.
- Massage your hair with homemade coconut milk and rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Massage your hair with coconut oil and rinse off with lukewarm water. Follow this up with mild shampooing and conditioning.
- You can also use coconut milk as a substitute for shampoo.
- Drinking coconut milk is also a beneficiary. It is rich in protein, vitamin, and lauric acid, which helps treat your hair and fulfills nutritional requirements of the body as well.
You can consume coconut milk daily and use homemade coconut milk hair mask at least twice a week.
Here’s the best homemade coconut milk to buy online.
[Also Read: Vitamins For Thinning Hair]
3. Onion Juice
Onion juice provides sulfur to stimulate the thickening of the hair, especially in women. Apply onion juice frequently promotes the blood flow to the hair follicles. It is one of the most productive home remedies for thicker hair and many other hair conditions.
- Dab your hair with a cotton pad dipped in onion juice. Rinse your hair after 15 minutes. The antibacterial agents alleviate dandruff and other irritants and rid you from excessive hair loss.
- Prepare a solution of onion juice, coconut oil, and tea tree oil. Massage your hair with this solution and rinse your hair after 30 minutes.
- You can also use onion juice with olive oil and castor oil for massage.
- Onion juice with either ginger or garlic will help stimulate hair growth.
Practice this hair care routine twice a week.
[Also Read: Benefits of Onion Juice for Hair Growth]
4. Natural Oils
A recent study states that more than 53% of the women above the age of 18 use natural oils for hair care. Using natural oils stimulates hair growth, strengthens the hair, and adds shine. Natural oils have various benefits. They help restore the pH level in the scalp and hair. Natural oil hair treatment helps improve scalp health and promotes healthy hair follicles.
Here are a few highly effective natural oils that you use to treat your hair. You can either massage your hair with the oil directly or add it with other carrier oils to prepare a hair mask.
|Coconut oil||Olive oil|
|Argon oil||Grape-seed oil|
|Jojoba oil||Lavender oil|
|Almond oil||Lemongrass oil|
Using natural oils for hair treatment prevents oils hair and acts as a protective shield against chemicals and non-natural substances. You can use these homemade remedies twice a week. These home remedies for thinning hair help prevent your hair from any further damages.
5. Licorice Root
Licorice is considered as one of the best home remedies for thinning hair. It’s especially beneficial for men who suffer from excessive hair loss owing to hair loss mediated by DHT. Licorice contains polysaccharides and amino acids that help keep the scalp moisturized, conditioned, and hydrated. It strengthens the hair follicles and adds natural shine to the hair.
- According to the Journal of Pharmacy & Bioallied Sciences, the viscosity, cleansing ability and acceptable clarity of licorice shampoos free from any complications(3). Thus you can also use licorice shampoo instead of typical shampoo.
- You can make a homemade hair mask with licorice root, saffron, and milk. Apply the paste and rinse your hair after 30-40 minutes.
You can use the shampoo regularly instead of using chemical hair care products. You can treat your hair with these masks once or twice a week.
Check out this licorice powder online:
Thinning hair has become a widespread hair condition. Gaining popularity of the medical treatments for the same has become extremely expensive. Although it is impossible to combat the hair problems instantly, progressive natural therapies are proved to be effective. Thinning hair is most familiar with aging and poor nutrition.
Thus nutritional diet and hair nourishment can effectively help you get rid of baldness. Irrespective of the cause, these natural home remedies for thinning hair can make your hair look thicker and shinier. However, in case these remedies fail to treat your hair problem, you must consult a dermatologist or seek medical assistance.
1. What Diet Is Right for Your Hair?
Although you cannot get rid of aging or fight hair problems related to genetics, you can always alter the effects with proper intake of nutrition. Here are some healthy diets recommended for healthy hair.
2. How Are Natural Oils Beneficial for Thinning Hair?
Here are some of the practical benefits of treating your hair with natural oils.
- Alleviates dandruff and dry scalp
- Promotes hair growth
- Provides silky and shiny hair
- Prevents excessive oil on scalp and hair
- Protects the hair from harmful chemicals and hairstyling equipment
- Includes nutrition and nourishes the hair