Every girl wishes to have hair like Rapunzel (well, not the length). Strong, lustrous, and healthy hair. And there are a lot of commercial brands that promise to give that princess’s hair but fail to keep the promises most of the time. Apart from that, the chemicals used in cosmetics can never be as good as natural resources. Today we will talk about the secret magic of Witch Hazel for hair and the benefits of applying Witch Hazel on the scalp(1).
Witch Hazel is a sort of flowering plant majorly found in China, Japan, and North America. Apart from being beneficial for hair growth, Witch Hazel does have many other medical benefits.
What Are The Benefits Of Witch Hazel For Hair?
Witch Hazel, though the name of the plant is pretty scary and sounds like something to be part of some supernatural world, the witch hazel uses for hair(2) can amaze anybody.
Here we will mention only about the benefits of Witch Hazel for hair.
- It can make frizzy hair softer and add volume to it. Witch hazel helps to remove grease and excess oils from the scalp, which makes it essential for oily hair.
- Massaging this excellent natural ingredient into your scalp helps increase the blood circulation in it, and reduces hair fall.
- If you have a dandruff issue, then use Witch Hazel hair rinse. Dandruff will vanish sooner than you expect. The essential oils of witch hazel nourish the scalp and get rid of dandruff.
If you are suffering from scalp irritation, then try Witch Hazel on the scalp and see the result. Being a natural astringent, it also helps relieve any itchiness you may be experiencing on your scalp.
[Read: Benefits of Witch Hazel]
How To Use Witch Hazel For Hair?
1. Homemade Witch Hazel Shampoo
Witch Hazel is a natural astringent that comprises of antioxidants and tannins. These properties help to reduce oil production on your head. So if you have a greasy scalp and want a natural remedy for that, then use Witch Hazel for hair.
- Take mouth wash, astringent powder, and Witch Hazel.
- The quantity of mouth wash and Witch Hazel will be equal. Mix these three components very well.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp using a clean cotton ball.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes and then continue with your normal bathing routine in the shower.
[Read: Witch Hazel for Face]
2. Witch Hazel Extract
Witch hazel extracts can solve many scalp related issues, such as the oily scalp, dandruff, irritation, and skin infections as well. Because of the astringent properties, witch hazel can solve all of these issues.
- Soak the barks of Witch Hazel in one cup of water for at least 30 minutes.
- Then boil it in simmer. You need to keep it in simmer for almost 10 minutes.
- Then remove the container from heat and let it steep for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool it down. Your Witch hazel extract is ready.
- A small amount of Witch Hazel extract should be applied at one time. To increase the efficacy of the Witch Hazel extract, you should mildly massage the witch hazel into the affected area.
3. Witch Hazel Essential Oil
Witch hazel is full of anti-oxidants, and it is also known for promoting blood circulation. The distilled oil extracted from Witch Hazel can boost the hair growth magically if used properly.
- Any essential oil can irritate if applied directly or raw.
- For better results, take 2/4 of carrier oil like almond or coconut oil and add rosemary, witch hazel, and hemp seed oil equally.
- It will be your very own hair tonic.
- Massage this hair tonic on clean and washed hair. If the pores are clogged, then you will not get the benefit.
- Massage the tonic on your scalp gently. It will also increase blood circulation.
[Read: Witch Hazel for Sunburn]
4. Witch hazel Hair Spray
Witch Hazel spray will instantly give you a smoother hair and help you get rid of frizzy hair. If you do not have enough time to massage the witch hazel on the scalp, then try this spray made of witch hazel for hair growth for a great result.
You will have to mix the following things:
- 1 cup witch hazel juice
- 1 tsp of pure argon oil
- 4-8 drops rosemary essential oil
- 4-8 drops lavender essential oil
- 3-5 drops peppermint essential oil
- Glass bottle
Mix these things well, and your Witch hazel hair spray will be ready.
Spray this on your hair and massage. Do it before bedtime for better results. Try to spray it thoroughly on towel-dried hair. Comb through and style as you wish.
[Read: Witch Hazel for Bug Bites]
Witch Hazel is being used as one of the natural solutions for enhancing beauty for millennia. The list of the usages of Witch Hazel for hair is basically vast. In this overly polluted ecosystem, it is natural to face multiple hair related issues, and the availabilities of so many products could get us confused. It is a challenge to make the right choice. That is why it is always a good idea to surrender to Mother Nature. Witch Hazel is a gift of nature, so enjoy it.
1. Is Witch Hazel Good for Hair?
Yes. Witch Hazel is a magical plant for hair. Because of its astringent properties, the ability to increase blood circulation, Witch Hazel, promotes hair growth and keeps the scalp healthy.