Ever got the feeling your hair isn’t just growing enough? You know it must be! Except you can’t see a change, and you’re desperate to have long flowing locks once again. There must be some powerful remedy you can try to make your hair increase? Well, there is a range of foods that contain specific minerals and vitamins and to improve your hair growth.
From oily fish to protein-rich meals, some nuts, and distinct fruit and veg, these foods are abundant in the vital nutrients you need for a healthier head of hair. So we say eat that extra portion of sweet potato! – it’s all in the name of healthy hair, after all. Here are some foods that improve hair growth.
What is hair growth?
The growth of hair on the scalp is the process in which the length of hair increases by about half an inch in every month. The method depends upon many different factors like genes, hormones, and the environment.
There are three stages in the growth of hair. These stages are telogen, catagen, and anagen. The first and most extended phase of hair growth is anagen which lasts for about 3-5 years. Hair grows to its maximum length in this phase. The next stage is catagen in which the growth of hair subsides.
The catagen phase is the shortest and lasts for a few weeks. The last step is telogen in which hair growth stops, and the shedding of hair begins. It lasts for about 3-6 months and is succeeded by the anagen phase.
You can prolong the duration of anagen and catagen phase by providing adequate nutrition to the hair through selecting foods for hair growth.
[ Read: Home Remedies for Hair Growth ]
What type of foods helps with hair growth?
The foods that are rich in the following essential nutrients are incredibly useful for the healthy growth of hair.
1. Biotin Gummies
Vitamin B7 or Biotin is one of the most significant vitamins for hair growth.
How to use it?
- The consumption of foods rich in biotin like bananas, peanuts, mushrooms, carrots, etc. helps in the prevention of hair fall and the regulation of hair growth.
- Another tasty way to consume Biotin is – Biotin gummies. These delicious gummies are easy to consume ad can do great wonders to your skin and hair.
2. Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B5 helps in fighting against stress which is one of the major causes of stunted hair growth and hair damage.
- It is incredibly useful for the formation of RBCs and antibodies. It is also good for regulation of hormonal balance and stimulation of energy.
- Eat foods such as milk, legumes, peas, oranges, bananas, broccoli, etc. to aid in hair growth and prevent hair loss.
3. Vitamin B12
- Deficiency of vitamin B12 in the diet is one of the primary causes of hair loss. It is responsible for the conversion of food into physical energy, production of red blood cells and the formation of the DNA and RNA molecules.
- The consumption of foods rich in vitamin B12 like meat, fish, and eggs helps in promoting the health of hair and scalp by strengthening the hair follicles and roots.
4. Vitamins E, C, A
- Vitamins E, C, and A are potent antioxidants that provide strength and nourishment to the hair and scalp.
- These vitamins also help in the stimulation of cellular regeneration and development of connective tissues.
- Eat whole grains, green vegetables, and fresh fruits on a daily basis to gain the health benefits of the nutrients for hair growth.
|The treatments listed in this article are available for purchase online.|
List of 8 healthy foods for hair growth for a definite transformation
Eggs are delicious, packed with nutrients, and one of the best foods for hair growth.
How to use eggs?
- Begin your day with a couple of boiled eggs for breakfast on a daily basis.
- You can also apply the egg whites of two eggs to your hair and scalp for the health and strength of the hair.
Benefits of using eggs
- Eggs are rich in proteins and biotin, two of the essential nutrients for hair growth. The consumption of eggs enhances the strength of the hair follicles which helps in the prevention of hair fall and acceleration of hair growth.
- Biotin is essential for the production of the hair protein keratin. The consumption of foods rich in biotin like boiled eggs contributes remarkably to the growth of hair.
- Eggs are rich in selenium, zinc, and other nutrients which makes it one of the best foods for hair growth.
[Also Read: Benefits of Using Ginger for Hair ]
Berries are delicious, juicy, and remarkable for hair growth.
How to use berries?
- Have a glass of thick berry smoothie or snack on fresh and juicy berries between meals to assist the growth of hair.
- You can also prepare hair masks by using berry juice and other natural ingredients to enhance the strength and growth of the hair.
Benefits of using berries
- Berries are rich in bioflavonoids, vitamins, and antioxidants that help in the growth of hair and aid in the protection of the scalp against oxidative stress.
- Berries are rich in vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant that works to fight against toxic free radicals that inflict oxidative damage upon the hair follicles. The vitamin C also helps in the production of collagen protein which is essential for strengthening the hair roots and preventing brittleness and hair damage.
- The consumption of berries also helps in increasing the absorption of iron from the food which is useful for the prevention and cure of anemia.
Nothing works for the health and beauty of hair like a bowl of steamed spinach.
How to use spinach?
- Have a bowl of steamed spinach for lunch.
- Drink a glass of spinach juice or prepare green detox spinach smoothies for the healthy growth and nourishment of the hair and scalp.
Benefits of using spinach
- Spinach is rich in essential nutrients like vitamin A, C, iron, and folate which work in unison to promote the health and beauty of hair.
- Vitamin A stimulates the production of sebum in the scalp. Sebum helps to hydrate the scalp which is useful for the prevention of hair loss.
- Spinach is rich in high amounts of iron which makes it one of the best foods for hair growth.
4. Fatty fish
The consumption of fatty fish like herring, salmon, and mackerel is excellent for the cure of stunted hair growth.
How to use fatty fish?
- The best way to have fatty fishes is to eat it baked, boiled, and steamed.
- Prepare a bowl of fish stew for lunch or dinner for the daily dose of animal protein, and nutrients for hair growth.
- You can also take fatty fish oil supplements on a regular basis for the health of hair.
Benefits of using fatty fish
- Fatty fish is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which is one of the most significant compounds for hair growth.
- Experts suggest that the consumption of fatty fish is excellent for the growth of hair as it contains vitamin D3, selenium, proteins, and vitamin B-complex. Eating fatty fish helps in enhancing the growth and volume of hair and makes it glow with health and beauty.
5. Sweet potatoes
Munching on sweet potatoes is a splendid way of making the stunted hair growth, and the split ends disappear.
How to use sweet potatoes?
- Peel and rinse the fresh sweet potatoes and dice them into cubes. Snack on the diced sweet potatoes during the afternoon on a daily basis to feel refreshed and nourished.
Benefits of using sweet potatoes
- Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene. On the consumption of sweet potatoes, the beta-carotene compounds get converted into vitamin A which is excellent for the health and beauty of the hair.
- Vitamin A helps in promoting the secretion of sebum in the scalp which is good for the cure of dry blisters and dandruff on the scalp. It helps in accelerating the growth of hair and in preventing the regression of hair follicles.
[ Read: Herbs For Hair Growth ]
The consumption of fresh avocado is remarkably beneficial for the natural treatment of stunted hair growth.
How to use avocado?
- Eat avocado in steamed and boiled form to acquire its health and beauty benefits.
Benefits of using avocado
- Avocados are delicious, and an excellent source of Vitamin E which promotes hair growth.
- The consumption of avocado on a daily basis also helps to repair the damaged and dry scalp.
- Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that works to protect the scalp from damage and oxidative stress.
- Avocado is a rich source of fatty acids, which are essential for hair growth.
If there is one thing that can fight hair damage and pamper your taste buds as well, then that is a dish of well-cooked meat.
How to use meat?
- If you are not a fan of plain boiled meat, then eat it in the form of stew and soups.
Benefits of using meat
- Meat is an essential part of a balanced diet, rich in proteins and nutrients.
- It is rich in proteins that make it essential for repairing hair follicles and growing healthy hair. A single serving of meat could provide up to 29 grams of protein.
- Red meat is an excellent source of iron which helps in delivering oxygen to the cells in the hair follicles thereby making the follicles stronger.
Snacking on nuts might just become a pastime now if you learn about its benefits for hair growth.
How to use nuts?
- Sprinkle your bowl of oats or yogurt with chopped nuts, and you are good to go.
Benefits of using nuts
- Nuts are rich in nutrients like vitamins B and E, zinc, and omega 3 and omega-6 fatty acids which work to promote the health of hair.
- A serving of 28g of almonds can provide you with about 37% of the requirement of vitamin E.
A little shake of the glossy locks, a drop of curl, and a stray wisp of hair is all you need to look fantastic. Thank your hair for making you look the prettiest in the world, but then do your bit in return, and your hair will thank you too. Follow a balanced diet and drink plenty of water. Practice yoga and meditation to fight stress-related hair fall and adhere to a balanced diet packed with foods for hair growth for the health and beauty of the curls.