Carthamustinctorius is a very common name on product labels. While you may wonder what the name means, in layman’s words, it means safflower. Despite the benefits of safflower oil, people never started using safflower seeds until 1925, and it was only after the 1960’s that the benefits were discovered. It is used for cooking as well as cosmetic purposes.
Safflower oil for skin is very useful if applied regularly. It works as an antioxidant on your skin, promoting healthy cellular growth and protecting against free radicals. It has high amounts of Vitamin E, omega-six fatty acids, and is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties. Although there are ample skin products available in the market, safflower oil is 100% natural and chemical-free.
What You Didn’t Know About Safflower Oil Until Now
How Does Safflower Oil Work for Skin?
There are plenty of safflower oil benefits for the skin. Read on to know more:-
- Safflower oil is rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids which make for a healthy overall skin function.
- UV rays cause maximum damage to the skin, and that is why we often resort to using sunscreens when you go out during the day. Safflower oil works as a sunscreen because it has fatty acids.
- Safflower oil is a good lubricant. It prevents water from escaping and acts as a barrier over your skin.
- It doesn’t block your skin pores because it has low oleic acid than other oils.
- Safflower It can balance the sebum levels in the skin because of high linoleic acid.
- Safflower oil can be mixed with other ingredients and used in the form of a face mask and used as a substitute for creams(2).
- It stimulates collagen production and helps in cell renewal.
- You can avoid taking vitamins for skin, as using safflower oil every day gives your skin the required nutrition.
- It is preferable to use a natural product that is rich in Vitamin E and A, both vital vitamins for the skin. It repairs damaged skin and makes it healthy.
- Its multiple uses make it the best oil for skin. Mix it with essential oils to make face masks for the skin or use it as a moisturizer during the day.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Dry skin]
How to Use Safflower Oil for Good Skin?
1. Safflower Oil + Oatmeal + Honey
- Mix 2 tbsp safflower oil and 1 tbsp oatmeal and 1 tsp honey.
- Mix them well and apply it to your skin.
- Let it dry and rinse after 10 minutes.
2. Safflower Oil + Coconut oil
- Mix 2 tbsp safflower oil with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Mix them well in a bowl and apply it to the affected area.
- This mixture is great in treating eczema.
3.Safflower oil + Turmeric + Lemon juice
- All of the above have amazing benefits on the skin.
- Mix 1 tbsp safflower oil, 1 tsp lemon juice with 1 tsp turmeric.
- Apply it to your face and keep it for 5 minutes.
- Use a wet towel to wipe your face.
4. Safflower oil Face Mask for Wrinkles
- Mix 1 tbsp safflower oil and 1 tsp tea tree oil.
- Gently massage your face with this mixture.
- Apply before bedtime and wash it off the next day.
5. Safflower Oil Massage for Dark Circles
- Take 1 tbsp safflower oil and massage it under the eyes using your fingertips.
- It is an excellent under-eye serum.
- Use it every day before bedtime to see best results.
6. Safflower Oil and Potato juice
Potato works as a bleaching agent on the skin, while safflower oil nourishes it.
- Grate the potato and extract the juice.
- Mix it to 2 tbsp of safflower oil.
- Apply this mixture every day for skin lightening and scar removal.
- Avoid exposure to the sun immediately after applying the mixture.
7. Safflower Oil + Curd
- Take 1 tbsp safflower oil and 1 tbsp of curd.
- You can add turmeric to the mixture.
- Use your fingertips to apply this mixture onto your face.
- Let it stay for 5 minutes and then wash it off.
It is recommended to do a patch test before using it on your skin. There are no side effects of safflower oil, but if you were to experience any symptoms, discontinue using it. The benefits of safflower oil for the skin will no longer prompt you to buy store-bought, chemically-laden creams for the skin.
1. How can I use safflower oil for my skin?
You can use it daily by massaging your skin with safflower oil or mix with some carrier oil depending on skin type to use it for your body.
2. Does safflower oil clog pores?
It has a comedogenic rating of 0, which suggests it will not clog pores. This version of safflower oil is the one high in linoleic acid which is what you need if you’re going to put it on your face. The one high in oleic acid is highly comedogenic, which suggests it will definitely clog up your pores and make it nasty.