Scratching your head continuously is embarrassing and a long and painful battle, as it takes a long time to get rid of lice, and thus. Olive Oil is an ingredient which is naturally available and is extremely useful for treating lice.
Let’s learn all about Olive oil for lice treatment, the different ways in which it can be used for treating lice.
Children under the age of 16 are mostly infested with lice.
How To Get Rid Of Lice With Olive Oil?
1. Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, and White Vinegar
The solution of olive and coconut oil will help suffocate the lice(1) enough stop them from laying eggs and will also restrict their movement. White vinegar will prevent sticking of the eggs to the hair shaft, which will help in removing the lice quickly.
- Two tablespoons olive oil.
- Two tablespoons coconut oil.
- One teaspoon White Vinegar.
- Anti-lice shampoo.
- Mix coconut and olive oil. Apply this mixture on your scalp, cover it with a shower cap, and let it rest for an hour.
- Use nit removal comb to remove the eggs and lice. Wash your hair with the anti-lice shampoo.
- Now, apply white vinegar on your scalp and leave it for an hour.
- Comb away the remaining eggs and lice, followed by washing your head with the anti-lice shampoo.
- Repeat this twice a week.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies For Lice]
2. Olive Oil and Eucalyptus Oil
- Eucalyptus Oil acts as an insect repellent and is a powerful antiseptic. Eucalyptus and Olive Oil work perfectly well in treating head lice.
- Four tablespoons olive oil.
- 15-20 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Mix olive and eucalyptus Oil together. Apply the prepared oil mixture on the scalp and head.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it rest for 2-3 hours.
- Comb your head with a nit comb and remove lice and eggs.
- Wash hair with the anti-lice shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure, thrice a week.
[Also Read: 9 Essential Oils for Lice Treatment]
3. Olive Oil and Sesame Seed Oil
- Sesame Oil has attributes of being antiseptic, insecticidal, and antibacterial, which works perfectly well in collaboration with Olive Oil For head lice.
- One teaspoon olive oil.
- Two tablespoons sesame oil.
- In a bowl, add both the oils together and mix well. Apply it on your head and scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it rest for overnight.
- Comb your head and remove lice and eggs.
- Wash your head with the anti-lice shampoo.
- Repeat it every day.
[Also Read: Mayonnaise for Lice]
4. Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil
- A combination of olive oil and tea tree oil is a lethal combination against head lice. Olive Oil will suffocate the lice, while the tea tree oil (2)will act as a prevent it from breeding further.
- Three tablespoons olive oil.
- One teaspoon tea tree oil.
- Two tablespoons herbal shampoo.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply this mixture on your scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Now, wash your head with shampoo.
- Comb your head, and remove the eggs and lice.
- Repeat it twice a week.
[Also Read: TEA TREE OIL: All You Need to Know About]
5. Vinegar Wash and Olive Oil
- For eggs that are stubborn and tough to remove, white vinegar works great as it helps in loosening the adhesive that allows them in sticking to the head.
- A cup of white vinegar.
- A cup of water.
- Olive Oil.
- Mix water and white vinegar together. Apply this mixture on your head and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water.
- Apply olive oil on your head. Comb and remove lice and eggs from the head.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Repeat this every alternate day.
Why Use Olive Oil for Lice?
- The approach of Olive Oil for Lice is beneficial, as it helps in suffocating the lice and also, restricts their movement, along with stopping them from laying more eggs. Though it can be a long and time-taking task, its worth a try. However, it is crucial to mix it with other ingredients.
[Also Read: Coconut Oil For Lice Treatment]
1. What are the symptoms of Lice Infection?
Some of the symptoms of lice infection are
- Itchy scalp.
- Moving and tickling sensation in the head.
- Red bumps on scalp.
- Head sores.
2. What are the other treatments for lice?
Some of the other treatments for lice are
- Anise oil.
- Lavender oil.
- Ylang-Ylang oil.
3. What are the complications of having a lice infection?
Some of the complications of lice infection are
- Sleep disturbance.
- Emotional distress.
- Breakage of skin.
- Blood loss.
- Iron deficiency.