Does Massage Help Cellulite?
Yes! Massages for cellulite are one of the best ways to get rid of cellulite from the body (1). It is a promising remedy that can be done at home or with the help of a professional massage therapist. Massages have a multitude of mind and body benefits, but you can enjoy reduced cellulite in the process.
It reduces cellulite by improving lymphatic drainage along with helping in stretched skin tissues. Massages for cellulite can help stretch out cellulite dimples too. Massage cream helps, but a significant component is the process of massage.
Application of cream alone isn’t going to treat cellulite anyway. Moreover, a single massage will also do not do the job; you have to repeat the process regularly to achieve and maintain expected outcomes.
- Did you know that cellulite is may be in your genes? It is true! Cellulite runs in families. If your mother and grandmother have cellulite, then you have a better chance of developing it.
- When a body receives the message, it instantly gets relaxed and the stress level in the body is reduced? Furthermore, 60 minutes of massage has the same effect on your body, as 7 to 8 hours of good sleep.
Massages for Cellulite
Myofascial massage, also called deep tissue massage, is useful to break down fat deposits under the skin and smoothens the look of cellulite.
- It is a rubber massager with a unique shaped knob that you can use to rub on his/her skin.
- Massage cream or specific cellulite removal lotion can help in improving the process of anticellulite massage, but it is not necessary.
- Apply massage oil to problem areas followed by 5 minutes of good massage with the help of the massager.
- Anticellulite massage with the help of massager will stimulate circulation deep under the skin and break down the cellulite, bit by bit.
- Removal of cellulite with the help of massage is not a quick fix, neither it is a long-term process.
- Doing it regularly can show effective results by helping you lose cellulite slowly and gradually.
In addition to this, the cellulite massage brush is also available in the market, and it is just another kind of brush that can be used to remove fat pockets under the skin.
- With daily use of cellulite massage brush, you can reduce cellulite, stimulate the skin, drain excess fluids, and release trapped toxic chemicals.
- Cellulite massage brush is specially designed with a nubbed surface to stimulate and relax the skin.
- You can use it along with massage oil or cream.
Cupping massage cellulite is another massage therapy for cellulite(2). It can also be used to get rid of cellulite.
- When you perform cupping, the cups are applied to create suction.
- Suction is applied to the skin and reverse pressure forces cellulite to break. Blood circulation is stimulated; the facts and toxins are released and moved to the lymph drainage network of the body.
- Cupping therapy also promotes more efficient drainage of lymph nodes, so these toxins are quickly eliminated.
- Cupping is also famous for easing fascia connecting the skin and muscles.
- In this way, fluid build-up is decreased, and the skin develops a cellulite-free healthy appearance.
[ Read: Natural Treatment for Cellulitis ]
However, there are some disadvantages of anticellulite massage. The massage sessions require a minimum number of massage sessions, like say 15 to 40. Likewise, massage is a time-consuming process. The shortest period for the massage session is half an hour which can be prolonged as per need and requirement. The massage process requires a lot of experimentation with higher trial and error practice.
There are no side effects of this therapy, but you could experience soreness and bruises in the area that is targeted for a more extended period with vibration therapy. Cellulite therapy is also proved to be ineffective with the people who are 30lbs overweight.
Massages for cellulite is one of the best methods for getting rid of cellulite. Women show more signs of cellulite as compared to men, and the deposition of extra fat can seem at thighs, arms, and buttocks. Massage is an ancient technique for multiple body issues, and losing cellulite is one of them.
Massage is a natural process, and it can be done through cellulite massager, cellulite brush, or cupping therapy, all of these have effective outcomes. Massages for cellulite can help people with a high composition of cellulite to lose it slowly and gradually over time. Although it is a time-consuming practice, it ensures promising results.
[ Read: Best Remedies for Cellulitis ]
1. Can Cellulite Massage Be Performed on Dry Skin?
It doesn’t matter what kind of skin a person has, putting some cream or cellulite lotion will smoothen the massage experience.
2. Is There Any Particular Condition to Perform Massage?
There is no particular condition for doing massage, and in fact, it can be done at any time anywhere, it can be done before you sleep, on a sofa while watching TV, etc.
3. Is Cellulite Massage Better Than Any Other Medical Treatment?
Cellulite massage is not a medical treatment. It is just a therapy that helps the reduction of cellulite.