Do you see bumps or dimple on your thighs and abdomen when you stand in front of the mirror? Cellulite is one of the frequent nightmares that many people face now. Poor diet, sedentary lifestyles, age, genetic, and hormonal changes trigger cellulite formation.
If you are one of those affected by cellulite and wondering about methods to get rid of cellulite from your body, then you can try simple home remedies for an effective cure. Read on to say goodbye to cellulite with these tremendous home remedies for cellulite.
- Cellulite is not fat; it is just the dimples and bumps that are seen when fat divides into tiny pockets in the skin.
- It is more common in women as skin collagen is arranged in parallel rows like pillars. This pattern lends itself to the compartmentalization of fat, which makes cellulite visible
Home Remedies for Cellulite
Here are the 5 incredible home remedies for cellulite. Have a look at these remedies and embrace the potential benefits of reducing cellulite in the body.
1. Dry Brushing for Cellulite
Cellulite(1) is generally composed of toxic substances. Dry brushing helps break up the toxic substances and tightens the epidermis. Dry brushing towards your heart is to ensure that your blood and lymphatic flows get a boost.
What you need
- A soft body brush
- Brush the affected area in an upward direction towards the heart
- Gently, keep brushing for 5-10 minutes
Repeat it for 2-3 times a week.
Note: Always make sure that you choose a body brush that is soft and is made of natural bristles. Ensure that you do not brush on the inflamed or damaged skin.
Around 90% of women in their 30s, will build up some form of cellulite. It is common in women as compared to men. Only 10 percent of men are reported ever to get cellulite.
2. Coffee Scrub for Cellulite
Coffee scrub is another effective home remedy to treat cellulite. It is packed with potent antioxidants, and it is known to refresh your senses. The coffee scrub for cellulite works as a tightening agent by stimulating blood flow, exfoliating the skin, when applied topically to the skin, and gently rubbed.
These significant effects are due to caffeine, a key ingredient in coffee. This excellent remedy does wonders for cellulite on the thighs, buttocks, calves, and also for cellulite on the abdomen.
What you need
- 3-4 tbsp of coffee grounds
- Water or carrier oil (coconut oil/ castor oil/ jojoba oil/ olive oil)
- Add enough water or carrier oil of your choice to the coffee grounds to get a thick paste-like consistency.
- Scrub this mixture on the affected skin region in circular motions for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Do this 2-3 times a week for amazing results.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar for Cellulite
Apple cider vinegar is a popular home treatment for a variety of conditions, including cellulite. It contains minerals and antioxidant effects that detoxify the body. The vinegar effectively reduces the appearance of cellulite by reducing bloating. Both internal and topical use of apple cider vinegar for cellulite can be used at the same time. Keep reading to know how to use it effectively on cellulite.
What you need
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 4 tbsp of water
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Rub the apple cider vinegar mixture on the affected region.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with mild warm water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 – ounce glass of water
- Add a small amount of honey to the drink
- Drink this solution daily in the morning
You can use the apple cider vinegar on the cellulite every day to get effective results
[Read: Natural Ways to Treat Cellulite]
4. Castor Oil for Cellulite
Castor oil(2) has been used since ancient times to enhance skin health and heal skin ailments. Using castor oil for cellulite help boosts the functionality of the lymphatic system in the human body, which plays a vital role in eliminating excess fluid from the body and discards waste in the process.
Moreover, it also aids in transmitting nutrients, oxygen, hormones to cells. Cellulite development is due to the deficient lymphatic system that results in the fluid build-up in the body parts. Hence, castor oil massage helps stimulate the lymphatic system in your body and helps reduce cellulite over time.
What you need
- Few drops of castor oil
- Add the castor oil in a bowl and slightly heat it
- Now Apply the castor oil on the body parts like thighs, hips, and abdomen
- Gently massage the areas that get affected by cellulite
- You can also mix castor oil with essential oils like lavender, rosemary, and lemon oils
You can opt for such a massage 2-3 times a week for best results.
[Read: Essential Oils For Cellulite]
5. Coconut Oil Scrub for Cellulite
The latest trend is using coconut oil for cellulite. When coconut oil is applied to the skin, the oil effectively minimizes the appearance of cellulite in your body. The ultimate goal of massaging coconut oil for cellulite directly into the affected skin is to reduce the presence of lumps and dimples.
The rough and raw texture of coffee and sugar will work as an exfoliant, opening up the clogged pores while coconut oil ensures proper hydration in the skin.
What you need
- 2-3 tbsp of hot melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 cups coffee powder
How to use
- Add all the ingredients in a clean bowl and mix them well to form a paste.
- Heat the mixture for a few minutes.
- Massage this scrub effectively on the affected areas applying firm pressure.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse it off with water.
Do this remedy 2-3 times in a week to get positive results within one or two weeks.
The remarkable home remedies for cellulite is fabulously discussed since it gives incredible results, and does not cause any harm to your body. Curing cellulite is not a big deal, but it takes 2-3 weeks to see a noticeable difference.
These home remedies can speed up the healing process and reduce the appearance of cellulite, and you don’t have to worry any longer. However, if you feel discomfort over time, it is recommended to consult with your doctor.
[Read: Coconut Oil for Cellulite]
1. What Are the Other Remedies for Cellulite?
These other effective home remedies include baking soda, Aloe Vera, cinnamon, milk thistle, turmeric, shea butter, bath salts, foam roller, and essential oils.
2. What Are the Main Reasons for Cellulite?
Generally, cellulite can appear for various reasons. But the main reasons are total body fats, poor diet, lack of proper exercises, slow metabolism, hormonal changes, and density, and the color of the skin.
3. How Does Juniper Oil Help to Get Rid of Cellulite?
Juniper essential oil is effective in reducing fluid absorption in the body. When applied to the skin, juniper oil minimizes the appearance of cellulite and those lumps and dimples. Massaging the juniper oil with olive oil twice daily for a month is beneficial.