Manuka trees grow in New Zealand and southern Australia. The bees collect nectar from these trees, and that’s how Manuka honey is made. Manuka honey has been used for medicinal purposes for ages. It is rich in hydrogen peroxide which has antifungal, antioxidant, antiviral and antibacterial properties. Manuka honey has been known to be very effective in healing wounds, saving you from the harmful effects of antibiotic ointments.
Its ability to remove scars makes it the best choice to treat acne. Research indicates people using Manuka honey for acne scars have found it very useful and effective. To get the best results, use the pure form of manuka honey and use it regularly.
Did You Know!
How Does Manuka Honey Work for Acne?
The best Manuka honey for acne is the raw honey in its purest form. If you seek to use a face mask without chemicals, manuka honey mask for acne is an answer to it. Why is it useful? Read on.
- Manuka honey is antibacterial(2). It will treat your acne scars, and because of its antibacterial properties, it will prevent acne as well.
- Manuka honey has antiseptic properties. It prevents infections and the formation of bacteria that retains scars.
- Its antiviral properties make it the most sought after choice for treating acne marks.
- It is safe to use manuka honey for acne scars for its anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Using manuka honey for skin will give you clearer skin.
- The enzymes of manuka honey exfoliate and moisturize your skin very gently.
- For acne-prone skin, you must apply something that soothes your skin, and manuka honey does just that.
[Also Read: Benefits of Using Honey for Face]
How to Use Manuka Honey for Acne
Manuka honey mask for acne can be used in various ways depending on your skin type.
1. Manuka Honey and Turmeric
Manuka honey and turmeric are a powerful combination to treat acne scars.
Take 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tsp of organic turmeric powder and mix it well. Wash your hands and use your fingers to apply on your face. Let it rest for 10 minutes and wash your face.
2. Manuka Honey and Greek Yogurt
Honey hydrates and soothes your skin while yogurt is a great Probiotic and calms your skin.
Take one tbsp Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp raw manuka honey. Mix them well in a clean bowl and use this mask for your face. Repeat this step thrice weekly for the best results.
3. Manuka honey and Tea Tree Oil
This is a powerful and deadly combination to treat acne. They control excess oil on the skin, cleanse your skin pores, calm your skin and fade away the scars.
Take 2 tbsp of raw manuka honey and add five drops of tea tree oil. Mix well and use it as a face mask before bedtime.
[Also Read: Natural Treatments to Get Rid of Acne ]
4. Manuka Honey Massage
Utilize the benefits of pure raw manuka honey by using just like a mask.
First, clean your skin and pat dry it. Second, take 1 tbsp of raw manuka honey and cover your entire face. Then, let it rest for half an hour and then dip a clean washcloth in warm water and wipe off your face.
[Also Read: Natural Cures For Closed Comedones]
5. Manuka Honey and Aloe Vera
Take out about 1 tbsp fresh aloe vera gel from the plant and mix it with 1 tbsp of manuka honey. Apply it to a clean face and rest for 20 minutes. Clean with a wet cloth.
6. Manuka Honey and Cinnamon for Acne
Take 3 tbsp of manuka honey and 1 tbsp of true cinnamon. Mix well and then microwave it. Make sure it’s just warm enough to be applied to face. Let it rest for 10 minutes and wash it with clean water.
Manuka honey has various properties and nutrients that make it the best choice to fight acne scars. It is a natural product and has no chemicals present in it. But, if you experience any symptoms of pain, swelling, redness or itching, make sure you seek medical intervention.
1. Is manuka honey good for acne scars?
Yes. Manuka honey is the best for acne scars. It can be used as a mask to treat acne-prone skin.
2. How to use manuka honey for acne?
You can add various other essential oils and ingredients to manuka honey to make a mask and apply to your face, or just massage manuka honey on acne for best results.