Are you a star athlete or perhaps a yoga master? Everyone looks up to you and hankers for your six-pack abs and toned muscles? But do they know of those nights when your body becomes numb with cramps and aches? Do they know of how much it hurts when you twist your shoulder or get a crippling muscle spasm? Would they ever look up to your profession as a star player if they did?
Be sure that they would if they knew about KT tape for shoulder pain, the miraculous tapes that can conquer the most severe cramps and aches. Strap on the scientifically designed KT tapes, to crush the pain and be the heroic star athlete that you are for yourself and everyone.
The most common cause of shoulder pain is the injury to the soft tissues like tendons, muscles, and ligament with heavy lifting, moving furniture or heavy things, aging, throwing, and athletic activities being the significant risk factors.
One important point not to ignore is pain or discomfort around the front of one shoulder, or both shoulders can be a symptom of an impending heart attack. Never turn a blind eye to such signs and consult your doctor immediately.
Reasons to Choose KT Tape for Shoulder
Injuries to the shoulder occur due to muscular imbalance around at the shoulders-for instance, a painful shoulder can be because of the tautness of muscles in the chest and weakness of tissues at the back.
Since we usually utilize the chest muscles of the shoulders all the more every now and again, muscle parity can happen if we do not explicitly practice and fortify the muscles of the upper back region and the shoulders. This imbalance in the muscle makes the shoulder bone get pulled upward and forward, creating a little space for the ligaments(1), bursae, and the encompassing muscles. Such a circumstance causes a lot of shoulder pain.
Taping the scapula or the shoulder bone is an effective procedure for the cure of shoulder cramps. It works by adjusting the imbalance of muscles in the shoulders. This application serves to tenderly maneuver the shoulder once more into a progressively changed and anatomically right position. This position is the neutral point, which energizes the muscles of the lower and mid-back trapezius to carry out their responsibility and fixes the shoulder bone downward and back to the spinal cord.
The application of the Kinesio tape for shoulder pain signals the muscles at the back for the re-positioning of the scapula. In this way, it helps to make more joint space which alleviates the numerous reasons for all kinds of pain and initiate the recuperating procedure.
Benefits of Strapping the KT Tape on Shoulder
KT tape is a sports tape of elastic nature that is incredibly beneficial for the support of tendons, muscles, and ligaments. The application of the KT tape(2) to the affected shoulder helps in the prevention of accumulation of lymphatic fluid in that area. This prevention of fluid buildup prevents inflammation and cures muscle pain effectively.
- KT Tape for shoulder blade pain is a basic, viable and reasonable treatment for pain in the shoulders and rotator cuffs. The thin and adaptable tape is applied all over the inflamed muscles and to provide relief from discomfort and lend support without the restriction of movement. It enables numerous competitors with shoulder cramps and injuries to proceed to compete and train as they recoup. KT tape is also good for taking part in physiotherapy.
- Retraction of the shoulder blades helps to make more joint space often and ease the pain and stress in the shoulders. Plaster your shoulders with the KT tapes to take the shoulders back to the normal position, reduce the strain off of muscles at the upper back, and stretch out the muscles of the chest. The outcome will be a little more joint space and less stress on the aching areas.
- The application of the KT tape over the shoulder will help the muscles to hold the shoulders back in this healthy and rational position. Utilize this application in along with the general shoulder pain application for the most curative impact.
- Applying KT tape for shoulder pain aids in the natural treatment of muscular pain and other related disorders. It includes bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, frozen shoulders, deltoid strain, strain in the rotator cuffs, recuperation from surgery in the rotator cuffs and shoulders, and more.
- KT Tape helps in reducing the pressure upon the muscles and tissues and works to reduce pain and discomfort. The correct way of taping lends support to the muscles by the improvement of muscle contractions even if the muscle is not strong enough.
- KT tape for treating shoulder pain also helps in the prevention of excessive exertion of the muscles.
[Read: KT Tape for Knee Pain]
Posture Taping with Kinesiology for Shoulder Stability
Create the Tension:
A light or about 20-50% of tension force is the most effective when it comes to this taping technique. If you feel that the tape is excessively tight, then adjust it accordingly, or else it might lose its effectiveness at a quicker rate.
As a competitor starts to slump, the tape will generate a feeling of tension force, or draw on the shoulder bones, and intuitively prompt the competitor to sit up straight with the right stance.
Hairy skin and Taking the Tape off:
If your skin happens to be a little too hair in a particular zone, then at that point, try pulling off the tape by pieces instead of ripping it off at once as that might hurt. Use your hand to delicately slash the tape off (in a karate hacking movement). You can likewise squeeze the skin to discharge a bit of the tape’s pressure while taking it off in a divided manner.
Slit the Edges:
The last tip is to slit the edges of the KT tape so that its corners become rounded. It will keep the corners from getting snapped at edges of garments and shoes.
[Read: Acupuncture for Neck Pain]
Do’s and Don’ts while Applying KT tape for Shoulder Blade Pain
One must know how to apply kt tape to shoulder properly so that they can acquire the maximum benefit out of it. So below are a few do’s and don’ts to keep in the count before applying Kt tape
- The first and foremost thing to do before applying the KT tape for shoulder pain is to clean the skin, preferably with mild and diluted alcohol. It is of utmost importance for the surface to be squeaky clean before you plaster it with the KT tape. You can also use the pre-taping skin cleanser or a hand sanitizer to clean the surface and get rid of oil and dirt before taping for shoulder it properly.
- Slit the sharp edges of the KT tapes to make the corners rounded. Cut the edges of every strip before plastering your shoulders with it. Blunting the edges prevents the premature detachment of the KT tapes from the shoulder skin. It is also helpful for making sure that the corners do not get stuck or caught at the shoes or clothes.
- Rub the KT tape slightly and fast with your hands before pasting it on the affected shoulder. Rubbing the tape with the hand generates a small amount of heat which works to activate the adhesive of the tape. Rub the tape from the center to both the ends after pasting the tape on the shoulder as well.
- If your skin is hairy, then removal of the tapes after use becomes a slightly messy and painful job. So, try waxing or shaving the hair off the surface in the affected region before plastering the area with the kinesiology tape for shoulder pain.
- You can shower and bathe with the kinesiology therapeutic tape for shoulder pain pasted to the skin. The tape is waterproof, so the surface underneath will not get wet. Gently pat on the tape dry with a soft towel, and you are good to go.
- Do not go for the application of the KT tape for shoulder blade pain immediately after or before taking a shower. Avoid plastering the affected region with the tape before or after an exercise session. Let your skin dry before for about an hour before applying the tape. Make sure that there is no water, sweat, or moisture on the surface before you use the tape.
- Do not apply the KT tape to irritated, wounded, or damaged skin. Make sure that the surface is devoid of rashes, cuts, and sunburns before the plastering the affected region with the tape.
- Do not touch the adhesive part of the KT tape while applying on the shoulder. Pry the backing apart from the adhesive side from one of the ends and paste this end first to the skin. Take off the rest of the backing paper and apply the rest of the tape smoothly on the skin.
- Do not rip the KT tape off the skin during the removal of the tape. Peel the tape off the surface in a gentle motion and press the surrounding area gently so that the tape does not bite the skin.
From acute shoulder cramps in the shoulder blades to severe pain in the knees, arms, or the lower back region, there is no pain in the world that the miraculous KT tape cannot fix. The KT tape for shoulder pain works wonders in the natural treatment of muscle spasms, cramps, and aches.
Correct your body posture and drive out the body ache with KT tape for shoulder pain, lower back pain, and more. Do not let any physical pain get in the way of your ambition of being the best sportsman or athlete. Make good use of the KT tape and watch the pain vanish within only three or five days of use.