To say that hives are frustrating will be an understatement. Hives are usually the consequence of an allergic reaction. But you have got nothing to worry as we have it all about stress hives for you. If you want to learn how to get rid of stress hives, then read on!
What are Stress Hives?
Stress hives are usually an outcome of an allergic reaction which causes red bumps on the skin.
- Extreme temperatures
- Insect Bites
- Certain medications
- Contaminated water
- Excessive sweating
- Animals’ shedding
- Certain food items like nuts, milk, eggs, etc.
- Bacterial, viral, or fungal infection
Stress hives symptoms include redness, itching, and formation of red bumps on the affected area filled with a fluid.
How to Get Rid of Stress Hives Naturally?
CURE 1. Foods
Ginger is a natural blood purifier.
How to use?
- Add one teaspoon of ginger juice to 2 teaspoons of honey
- Mix both the ingredients well
- Consume this concoction
- You can consume this blend three times a day
Benefits of Ginger
It works on eliminating the itching of the affected area and stimulates the blood flow in the body. It helps to reduce inflammation and swelling associated with hives.
Do not consume water immediately after ginger and honey blend.
These foods help in calming down the effect of stress hives.
- Foods rich in vitamins and fiber help
- Consume flaxseeds
- Go for coconut oil
Foods to avoid
These foods may be triggering stress hives.
- Cheese, milk, and other dairy products
- Preserved Meats
CURE 2. Herbal Remedies
Devil’s Claw Herb
How to use?
- Consume Devil’s claw herb tablets, capsules or even herb extracts
- You can have an intake of about 500 mg of devil’s claw capsules to relieve the symptoms of stress hives
- You can take it as long as you do not get relief
Benefits of Devil’s Claw Herb
A key ingredient, Harpagoside, helps in the treatment of stress hives which is present in this herb. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Make sure you consult your doctor to decide about the dosage for consumption.
CURE 3. Essential Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree essential oil is a boon for the skin for treating multiple ailments including stress hives.
How to use?
- Add tea tree essential oil in a carrier oil like jojoba oil or coconut oil
- Apply the blend of the oils on the affected areas of the body
- Seal the area with a bandage
- Keep it for about twenty minutes
- Wash off with regular water
- Repeat the same process five times a day
Benefits of tea tree essential oil
Tea tree essential oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties and works on reducing the itching and swelling of the affected area. It helps in the soothing of the skin along with aiding in preventing infections.
Always dilute the essential oil before using it on your skin. Take a patch test at the back of your hand to ensure that it is suitable for your skin. If the blend causes itching or burning sensation, wash off immediately.
[Also Read: Essential Oils For Hives ]
CURE 4. Home Remedy
Aloe Vera Gel
If you are looking for how to get rid of stress hives, Aloe Vera Gel is one of the best home remedies to follow.
How to use?
- Take a spoon and scoop out the fresh gel from the leaf of the plant
- Apply it on the affected areas of the body
- Let it be for as long as you can
- There is even no need to wash it off
- Repeat the same as many times as you can in a day
- The more, the merrier
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
The compounds present in the Aloe Vera Gel fasten the healing process of the hives. It is an excellent moisturizer and has anti-inflammatory properties. The gel helps in reducing the itching, redness, and inflammation of the hives. It works on providing a soothing and calming effect on the allergic reaction.
Use freshly scooped Aloe Vera Gel only. Do not for chemically processed gel.
[Also Read: Aloe Vera Benefits for Skin]
CURE 5. Natural Treatment
The combination of cold water and oatmeal(3) is an excellent remedy if you are looking for how to get rid of stress hives.
How to use?
- Add two cups of plain ground oatmeal to the bathtub with cold water
- Soak yourself in water for about fifteen minutes
- Remove the tub and pat dry with a clean and dry towel
- Repeat the same every day
Benefits of Oatmeal Bath
Oatmeal works on soothing your skin and on easing the discomfort by making the pores of the skin shrink. It also helps to reduce the inflammation of the affected area.
Oatmeal contains beta-glucans and starches which have skin protective properties. It even has an antioxidative effect which works on reducing the itching and redness of the affected area of the skin.
[Also Read: Oatmeal Bath Benefits For Hives]
Make sure the water is not cold. Moisturize well after the bath.
Now that you know these super easy and effective ways to get rid of stress hives, you have all sorted for this condition. These remedies require a regular and disciplined follow-up and continuity to show useful results.