Are there small spots on your skin? Do you think they all are blackheads? Well, you might be wrong as the bumps that you feel are blackheads or whiteheads may be sebaceous filaments. It occurs on the same spots as like blackheads but is very different and have dissimilar treatments as well. Do you know how to get rid of sebaceous filaments? Don’t worry as we have all the information right here.
What are Sebaceous Filaments?
Our skin keeps secreting sebum which is a natural moisturizer that seeps out of the pores in the skin and gets channelized by the hairy filament that works to spread the sebum all over the surface thus keeping the skin soft, supple and naturally hydrated. Sebaceous filaments appear on the face when the porous lining of the skin gets infused with sebum.
The sebaceous filaments appear around the nose, cheeks, and chin as yellow and grey specks. Sebaceous filaments should not be confused with acne, pimples, and blackheads. If you are wondering on how to get rid of sebaceous filaments, then all that you need to do is follow through with the home remedies described right here for at least a couple of weeks or until the sebaceous filaments disappear.
What are the Symptoms of Sebaceous Filaments?
The appearance of yellowish or greyish zits on the cheeks, chin, and nose.
Six Powerful Home Remedies on How to Get Rid of Sebaceous Filaments
If you are wondering on how to remove sebaceous filaments from the surface of the skin, then follow through with the simple and highly effective home remedies of sebaceous filaments elucidated below.
1. Foods That Can Help with How to Get Rid of Sebaceous Filaments
How to use Eggs to Get Rid of Sebaceous Filaments on the Chest?
Eggs are one of most effective home remedies of sebaceous filaments on the chin and sebaceous filament on the forehead.
How to use?
- Whisk an egg until it changes into white foam
- Smear the foam all over your face with gentle scrubbing
- Remove the mask after letting it sit for about half an hour
- Do this in every alternate day for about a month for the sebaceous filaments to heal
Benefits of using Eggs
The white part of the egg is a natural astringent and soothing exfoliating agent which makes it excellent for how to get rid of sebaceous filaments. Scrubbing the face with egg whites helps in the sloughing off of dead skin cells and dry skin scars and tissues.
Rubbing with whipped egg whites can unclog the pores, cleanse the sebaceous filaments and prevent acne, pimples and dark spots. Besides, it aids in nourishing the skin and keeping it soft and hydrated.
Recommended: Natural Treatments to Get Rid of Scars
Making sure that the eggs are fresh is healthy. Do not use this remedy if you are allergic to eggs.
Foods to Eat
For the cure and prevention of sebaceous filaments, it is essential to eat foods that boost your immunity and keep your skin naturally healthy.
- Fresh fruits and vegetable
- Milk and other dairy products
- Meat, fish, and eggs
- Cereals with high fiber content
Foods to Avoid
These foods disbalance the normal functioning of the immune system and delays the recovery time.
- Junk foods
- Caffeinated drinks
- Foods high in unhealthy fats and sugar
2. Herbal Treatments for How to Get Rid of Sebaceous Filaments
How to use an Herbal Compress to Get Rid of Sebaceous Filaments on the Face?
Making an herbal compress is greatly nourishing for the skin and is especially useful for how to get rid of sebaceous filaments on the skin.
How to use?
- Take dandelion root, buck root, and castor oil
- Make a herbal compress with it
- Keep the compress on your skin for about half an hour
- Remove the compress and moisturize the area with a serum or moisturizer
- Do this daily for the sebaceous filaments removal
Benefits of using Herbal Compress
The application of herbal compress helps in cleansing the skin and controls the oil content on the face as the skin cells tend to produce more oils owing to excessive dryness.
If your skin seems to be sensitive to the herbal ingredients of the compress, then do not proceed with this remedy.
3. Use Essential Oils for Sebaceous Filaments Treatment
How to cure Sebaceous Filaments on Breasts and Sebaceous Filaments Chest with Rosemary Essential oil?
Rosemary essential oil is one of the best essential oils for sebaceous filaments removal on breasts and chest. It is also beneficial for the treatment of sebaceous filaments on the nose and sebaceous filaments on the chin.
How to use?
- Mix a teaspoon of rosemary essential oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Dip a cotton ball in the oil mixture
- Gently dab the cotton ball to the sebaceous filaments on face
- Rinse off the oil with lukewarm water after about an hour
- Do this daily for the sebaceous filaments to heal
Read More: Health Benefits of Rosemary Tea
Benefits of using rosemary essential oil
The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of rosemary essential oil make it highly effective for the cure of sebaceous filaments on the forehead and sebaceous filaments on the nose.
Don’t forget to do a patch test on skin to make sure that your skin is not sensitive to essential oils.
4. Home Remedies for Sebaceous Filaments
How to use Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Sebaceous Filaments on the Breasts?
You can use lemon juice for effective sebaceous filament removal from the breasts and chest.
How to use?
- Mix a few drops of freshly pressed lemon juice with a teaspoon of turmeric or cinnamon powder to make a paste
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey to it and mix well
- Apply it all over your face before going to bed at night
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water in the next morning and pat dry
- Do this daily for the removal of sebaceous filaments
- Do this on a daily basis for the sebaceous filaments removal
Also Read: Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
Benefits of using Lemon Juice
The naturally astringent nature of the lemon juice is highly beneficial for the elimination of sebaceous cysts. Application of diluted lemon juice on the face helps in the prevention of acne, pimples and dark spots as well.
Use the lemon juice in limited quantity as too much of it might irritate the skin.
How to use Baking Soda for Sebaceous Filaments on the Forehead?
Baking soda is one of the best home remedies for how to get rid of sebaceous filaments.
How to use?
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of baking soda to a few tablespoons of lukewarm water and make a paste
- Scrub the face with the paste for about 2-3 minutes
- Rinse your face and do this in every alternate day for about a few weeks
Benefits of using Baking Soda
Baking soda is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, and its naturally exfoliating property helps in the sloughing off of dead skin cells and dry skin scars and tissues. Scrubbing with baking soda can unclog the pores, cleanse the sebaceous filaments and prevent acne, pimples and dark spots.
Exceeding the quantity of baking soda specified here might cause adverse effects on the skin.
5. Natural Treatments for How to Get Rid of Sebaceous Filaments
How to use Steam to Get Rid of Sebaceous Filaments?
The steaming method is one of the most effective ways for the elimination of sebaceous filaments on the nose, chin, and forehead.
How to use?
- Fill a tumbler with boiling water
- Lower your head into the steam with proper care
- Cover the whole system with a towel so that the steam doesn’t escape
- Continue steaming for at 15-20 minutes
- Let the steam percolate into your epidermis
- After the steaming, use a plucker or a tweezer to squeeze out the filaments
- Pat your face dry with a towel
Benefits of using the Steaming Treatment
The primary reason behind the appearance of sebaceous filaments is the blockage of facial pores due to the over secretion of sebum. Unblock the clogged skin pores to get rid of the sebaceous filaments. Steaming is one of the most effective home remedies on how to remove sebaceous filaments through the unclogging of pores.
Be cautious to the utmost with this remedy otherwise it might cause minor burns on the skin.
Sebaceous Filaments vs. Blackheads
Sebaceous filaments are different from blackheads even though their region of appearance is the same. Sebaceous filaments are minuscule masses of dead cells and sebum that condense around the hair follicles and appear as white or yellowish blemishes on the tip of the nose and the chin and cheeks.
Blackheads appear as hard black specks on the tip of the nose and around the cheeks. When the sebaceous filaments get contaminated and infected with dirt, oil, pollutants, and germs, they assume the form of blackheads on the skin.
Read More: Sebaceous Filaments vs. Blackheads
How to Prevent Sebaceous Filaments?
Keep the following in mind before treating the sebaceous filaments.
- Do not squeeze them physically as popping sebaceous filaments may result into formation of acne or even a scar
- Avoid using comedogenic oils as they don’t help to keep a check on the over oil production of the skin and does not hydrate the skin
- Don’t over wash or over exfoliate your skin
- Avoid eating fatty foods or fermented foods
Cleanliness is the key to healthy skin. Don’t apply chemical creams and ointments to the filaments, as you will only end up eroding your eroding your skin. Stick to the natural methods of how to get rid of sebaceous filaments to make your skin clear and flawless.