Like blackheads were not troubling enough, we now get whiteheads which make the skin look plain ugly. For some of us, whiteheads last for a short span during puberty, but for the unlucky lads, it might be a lifetime struggle to get rid of them. If you are looking for how to get rid of whiteheads, you are in the right place. However, before skipping to the solutions, let us go through the reasons for developing whiteheads.
What are Whiteheads?
Whiteheads are nothing, but the result of clogged pores on the skin due to the accumulation of oil, bacteria, dead skin cells and grime on the surface. The worst part is that they are not limited to your face, they can target any part of your body which is prone to more oil secretion. They will greet you with a surprise pop-up anytime and anywhere. That is how evil they are.
- Excessive oil secretion
- Accumulation of dirt, toxins, and impurities on the skin leading to clogging of pores
- Hormonal changes
- Overconsumption of dairy products
- Compilation of acne bacteria on the skin
- High levels of blood sugar
- Specific medication may trigger the same
- Eating excess of greasy and junk food
How do Whiteheads Form?
Consider the pores on your skin to be little pockets housing the root of your hair. Adjacent to it is the oil-secreting glands that oil them. When these pores get full of oil, bacteria and dead skin cells, a bump appears on your skin which can be white or yellowish, and that is how your skin gets whiteheads. The most targeted area is your nose.
- People with excessive oil secretion are more vulnerable to whiteheads
- People who have more imbalance in hormones
- Whiteheads are sometimes a result of genetic predeposition
- If you sweat excessively, whiteheads may surely capture you
- While you are running on a menstrual cycle or during the time of pregnancy
- At the age of puberty, whiteheads are common for all
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads?
CURE 1: Foods
Honey is an incredible moisturizer, and it soothes the skin naturally.
How to use?
- Take one tablespoon organic honey in a pan and let it get warm
- When it’s warm enough to be applied on the skin, use the organic honey to the affected areas of your face
- Let it stay for about twenty minutes
- Wash it off with regular water
- Repeat it every alternate day for best results
Honey has excellent antibacterial properties and peels off the bacterial growth on the skin to make the clogged pores free from all the bacterial accumulation. Plus, Due to its consistency, it can reach deep into the pores and pop out the whiteheads for clearer and beautiful skin.
Best foods to Eat
These foods reduce the inflammation due to acne and reduce breakouts.
- Green tea
- Fruit juices
Foods to Avoid
These foods increase the probability of your skin to encounter acne.
- Dairy products
- Sugary products
- Fast food and junk food
CURE 2: Herbal Treatment
To discover how to get rid of whiteheads with fenugreek leaves, continue reading.
How to use?
- Take one tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves in a bowl
- Add water to the leaves
- Make a smooth paste of the leaves with water in a blender or manually
- Apply it to the troubled parts of the face with whiteheads
- Leave it on for about fifteen minutes
- After it all dries up, wash it off with regular water
- Pat your skin dry
- Repeat the fenugreek leaves mask twice a week until you can no longer see any whiteheads
Fenugreek leaves have excellent antimicrobial properties and kill off any bacteria on the skin. They reduce the growth and accumulation of bacteria on the surface and defend the skin against other issue and conditions. Fenugreek leaves mitigate the growth of bacteria in the pores of the skin and help in the elimination of whiteheads on the face.
Witch hazel is an excellent astringent which is used to tone your skin and works on controlling oil production.
How to use?
- Take the witch hazel solution in a bowl
- Dip the cotton bowl in the Witch hazel solution
- Apply it to the areas affected with whiteheads
- Allow it to dry on its own
- Repeat the same every day twice
The properties of Witch hazel can help you get rid of whiteheads by getting your face rid of the excessive oil which clogs the pores of your skin and causes whiteheads with regular application and correct usage.
CURE 3: Essential oil
Tea Tree Essential oil
Tea tree essential oil is usually put to use for acne, whitehead, and blackhead treatment due to its close similarities with the natural oils of the skin which our skin produces.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of jojoba oil to tea tree essential oil
- Mix them well
- Apply the mix of the oils on the affected areas
- Massage them well so that they reach deep within the pores
- Leave it on for overnight
- Repeat the same every night before you are off to bed
Applying this oil to your face reduces the secretion of sebum from your face which clears the pores of your skin and causes the whiteheads to go away.
Other than tea tree essential oil, there are a few more essential oils(1) which help in the clearing of popping whiteheads.
Other essential oils for Whiteheads
- Clary sage essential oil
- Chamomile essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Basil essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
Other than essential oils and natural remedies, a few natural and straightforward home remedies also help in making your skin free from whiteheads. Swipe up to discover how to get rid of whiteheads with home remedies.
CURE 4: Home Remedies
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a magical solution for several problems. Its popularity in treating whiteheads comes from its acidic properties.
How to use?
- Take one tablespoon apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Dip the cotton ball in it
- Apply it on the affected areas of your skin
- Let it dry for a few minutes
- There is no need to wash to it off
- For better results, you can also add one tablespoon cornstarch to it
- Repeat it three times every fortnight for useful effect
The acidic properties of apple cider vinegar clear the clogged pores of the skin, causing the whiteheads to clear up. It also works on killing and reducing the bacteria on the surface which is one significant cause of whiteheads on the face.
Sugar has granules which tend to be a fantastic exfoliator.
How to use?
- Take one tablespoon sugar in a bowl
- Add one tablespoon honey and few drops of lime juice to it
- Mix the contents well
- Apply the mix of the three on the affected areas of your skin
- Massage your cheeks and face in circular motions with this scrub
- After scrubbing for a few minutes, rinse off your face with lukewarm water
- Repeat this scrub twice a week
A sugar scrub is helpful in unclogging of pores by the removal of dead skin cells for the surface of the skin and making your face free from whiteheads. It also improves the texture of your skin and enhances the circulation of blood.
Baking Soda is a great exfoliant and helps removes all impurities from your skin while cleansing it.
How to use?
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and add the same amount of water to make a thick paste with the same
- Apply it all over your face and scrub it in circular motions on your skin especially your nose and cheeks
- Let it stay for about fifteen minutes
- After the paste dries up on the surface, wash it off with lukewarm water
- Pat your skin dry
- Repeat the same twice a week and boo away the whiteheads with useful results
The granules of baking soda pick out the contaminants enclosed in the pores clogging them for clearer skin. It neutralizes the pH level of the surface along with controlling the sebum production of the skin. Baking soda is an excellent astringent and has antibacterial properties which help in reducing the accumulation of bacteria on the surface of the skin reducing the popping up of whiteheads on the forehead.
CURE 5: Natural Treatment
Green Tea and Steam Therapy
Although both of them can treat whiteheads separately, however, if used as a follow-up, they have magical results on getting rid of whiteheads.
How to use?
- Boil some water and place it in a bowl
- Cover your face with a towel and let the steam of the hot water reach your face
- After five minutes of steam, remove the hot water
- Take the green tea bags and place them on the affected areas of your skin
- Let them stay for fifteen minutes
- Repeat the same twice a week if you have oily skin and once a week if you have dry skin
The warmth reaching your face due to the steam will open the pores on your surface of the skin and cleanse them. Steam also improves blood circulation. Green Tea bags placed on the already opened pores after the steam, get all the dead skin cells out of the pores and have a soothing effect on the skin.
Whiteheads vs. Blackheads
Both whiteheads and blackheads occur on the surface when a pore gets blocked with oils and dead skin cells. However, there lies a difference in their pores position. In whiteheads, the pores remain closed while in the case of blackheads, the pores are open and stretched on the surface of the skin and are exposed to oxidize and air.
Are you looking for solutions? Read on to discover how to get rid of whiteheads with straightforward and quick natural remedies.
Other Home Remedies
- Rose water is beneficial in reducing whiteheads on the face. Regular application of rose water on whiteheads on nose opens up the clogged pores and enhances the circulation of blood along with controlling the pH level of the skin.
- Application of Aloe Vera gel for popping whiteheads helps in elimination of whiteheads from the face and cleanses skin excellently.
- Tomato pulp is rich in antioxidants and antibacterial properties. Its application helps in making skin clean and free from accumulation of bacteria which causes the occurring of whiteheads less than usual.
- Taking steam every day cleans the pores of the skin and reduces the chance of any whiteheads.
- Toothpaste is a rich source of baking soda and has antibacterial properties as well. Applying baking soda on the affected areas is an easy way out to get rid of whiteheads.
- Use a charcoal mask twice a week to pull off those whiteheads from your skin and get clear pores.
- Consume food times which are rich in vitamin C including apple, pineapple, papaya, etc.
- Green leafy vegetable help including turnip greens, spinach, and collards.
- You can always give way to essential oils for any skin related issues.
- Use salicylic acid to wash your face every night.
- Bring a skin brush into use for exfoliating your skin especially the center of your nose.
While you resort to natural remedies, you must take a few precautions to avoid any chance of side effects. Take a look at the precautions to take.
- While using any face mask, make sure you take a patch test, especially for your face as the skin of your face is much more sensitive than any other body part.
- Before using essential oils, take a patch test on the back of your hand to make sure it does not sting.
- Endure that you dilute the essential oils with a carrier oil.
- Avoid food items like chocolates, avocado, eggs, nuts, ripe mangoes, etc.
- Cut back a little on dairy products and junk food.
- Keep away from smoking and alcoholic drinks.
- If any of the above remedies cause allergic reactions, discontinue their provision.
- Avoid pore strips and extraction methods for whiteheads.
- Face masks and scrubs sometimes cause excessive dryness of skin. Try to use moisturizer after every treatment session.
- Avoid products which may cause allergic reactions including provided fruits and vegetables.
These tips will help you get rid of whiteheads on the nose fast. However, whiteheads on the nose keep coming back; thus, a little change in your diet and some additions in your skin care are essential. For a valid result, it is vital to continue proper and regular usage of these natural remedies and home remedies with consistency and sincerity.
Make sure you take a follow up on all the steps, time limit, and precautions while you bid your whiteheads goodbye with these natural remedies. Prevent the whiteheads on the face from coming back by following these home remedies and embracing a healthy and clear skin.