A Perfect Meal for A Perfect Kick Start- Oatmeal
Let’s begin with Oats! We see various brands sitting on the shelves of supermarkets advertising their packets of Oats, but what is Oats? Oats is a whole grain food. There are different kinds of oats available in the market most common being instant oats. Oatmeal is, however, related to oats. When you prepare porridge with oats, it is called oatmeal. Oatmeal is a prevalent food for breakfast in most households. It is healthy and is a safe meal to offer to babies.
Unbelievable Benefits of Oatmeal on Health
A must menu in every healthy meal is oatmeal! You no longer will wonder why. The benefits of oatmeal are such that it even takes its place in every breakfast buffet in hotels all over the world.
The health benefits of oatmeal are as follows.
- It keeps your weight in check. Oatmeal is full of soluble fiber that keeps your stomach full even if consumed in less quantity.
- Oatmeal promotes healthy living bacteria in the gut.
- Oatmeal is known to improve the cholesterol level in your blood.
- Oatmeal every day will keep your blood glucose level in check.
- Oatmeal is extremely rich in antioxidants. It contains a compound called polyphenol that is rich in avenanthramides.
- You can benefit from it because it reduces blood pressure by increasing nitric acid, improves the blood flow in the body, and reduces inflammation.
- Oats are rich in magnesium, zinc, selenium, iron that provides all minerals and vitamins required by the body.
- Oats staple foods that come with no side effects. It is also a great toddler food as it is not known to cause any allergies.
Use Oatmeal the Right Way
Oats must be prepared in a way where the benefits also accompany the taste of it.
1. Oatmeal Recipe for Weight Loss
Here is how you can prepare oatmeal.
Take ½ cup of oats, 250 ml of milk, and a pinch of salt. Add a pot of boiling water and then add the oats until it gets cooked. Add milk when it is not yet fully cooked and sprinkle some salt over it.
[Read: Reduce Weight with Oatmeal]
This procedure is also an excellent oatmeal recipe for weight loss.
But if you are one of those who like their oatmeal(1) porridge sweet, add some honey or jaggery to it. You can top it up with dates, raisins, chopped fruits.
2. Oatmeal Bath for Eczema
Here is how you can take the benefits of oatmeal bath.
Take two cups of oats and grind it to a powder. Then, mix 1 tbsp of water and notice the oats absorb water. Fill your bathtub with warm water. Add the powder and stir. Soak yourself for half an hour in the water while gently rubbing your skin.
An oatmeal bath for eczema is a natural and recommended method by many holistic practitioners.
[Read: Oatmeal Bath for Eczema Treatment]
3. Oatmeal for Skin Health and Acne
Here is a DIY recipe with oatmeal for skin and acne.
Prepare an Oatmeal by boiling ½ cup of oats in 1 cup of water. Once cooked, allow it to cool. Add honey to it. You can also add an egg yolk to it. The Vitamin D present in eggs gives a great glow to the skin and also helps to treat acne.
Your oatmeal mask is ready. Apply it to your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash with cold water and pat dry with a clean towel.
You can use this daily.
4. Oatmeal Smoothie for Stamina
Take a big bowl and add ½ cup oats. Add 1 cup milk, chopped cashews, raisins, dates to it and freeze it overnight. Take it out of the refrigerator in the morning and let it settle down to room temperature.
Mix all of them in the blender. You can also add some fruits like chopped apples, bananas, and kiwis to the smoothie.
This method is a power-packed oatmeal recipe that keeps you full and has all the nutrients required.
Oats has gained a lot of popularity over the years. It is because of it’s numerous benefits and easy-to-prepare methods. It can be your favorite as it is easy to cook, easy to carry while traveling, and is every mum’s favorite. People universally love oatmeal because oatmeal allows you to make a variety of delicacies that you could have never imagined. The health benefits(2) of Oats outshines most other recipes. Keeps you full- nothing better than lip-smacking food that also helps you lose weight, right? So grab your bowl of oatmeal for a delicious breakfast!
[Read: Oatmeal Mask for Acne]
1. Can Oats Be Eaten Raw?
Raw oats can be safe to eat, but dry oats can build up in your stomach and cause constipation. Thus, always cook them before consumption.
2. Can Oatmeal Be Eaten at Night?
Oats are safe to be eaten at any time of the day. You might want to check if you have a gluten intolerance, by either having them for lunch or dinner. Generally, the benefits of oatmeal remain the same.