Do you often get a feeling that you are hot one second and cold in another? Has this issue been ailing you constantly for quite some time? It points out to the fact that you might be suffering from the effect of hot flashes.
Before you get to understand how to get rid of hot flashes, you need to know what they are. Hot flashes generally take over when your body experiences a hormonal imbalance. With some perfect natural remedies, you can take control of the hot flashes that have been ailing you.
What causes hot flashes?
- Pregnancy (This is especially true for the first two trimesters)
- Spicy food or hot drinks
- Use of Tobacco
- Hot climate
- Medications such as tamoxifen or tramadol
- Medical issues such as Spinal Lesions
Hot flashes in men occur from the imbalance in testosterone levels, especially when it runs on the lower side of the scale.
Natural remedies for how to get rid of hot flashes
1. Foods to cure Hot Flashes
Add Black Cohosh to your meals
If you have been in distress from the effects of hot flashes after menopause, black cohosh can be a great addition to your list of things that can help aid better retrieval from the worrisome implications of hot flashes.
How to use?
- Isopropanolic extracts are available in the market with different concentrations
- Ethanolic extracts and triterpenoid glycerides in capsular forms can also be consumed twice a day
- Black cohosh tea can even get prepared that can be taken twice or thrice a day
The rhizomes and roots of the black cohosh can easily relieve inflammation as well as anxiety. The best thing about opting to use black cohosh is the fact that it aids better sleep which is a much-required necessity for someone suffering from hot flashes symptoms. So, if you are pondering over how to get rid of hot flashes, try adding the black cohosh supplements to your daily diet.
- The dosages should be decided by the doctor and over intake may result in interference with the hormonal pathways
- Direct extracts may contain other unimproved ingredients, and the effects may not show as per expectations
Amazing results with the use of Ginger
Ever heard your mom advise you to chew some ginger when you are suffering from cold or a cough? Ginger has been an essential part of Ayurveda and one among the basic spices given its medicinal benefits. If you are looking for natural remedies on how to get rid of hot flashes, ginger could be the perfect item you can pick from your kitchen.
How to use?
- Add ginger to your tea and boil to bring the best juice out of it
- Boil water and add crushed ginger to it
- Let the water keep boiling for 5-10 min until the volume reduces to half
- Consume it from time to time
Ginger is a popular antioxidant that is popular for its anti-inflammatory properties. With both these boons added to your daily diet, you can easily obtain control over your hot flashes. This herb can also help in maintaining a balance for your overall hormonal activities. Additionally, ginger naturally heals the occurrence of hot flashes from inside out to aid better health.
Too much intake of ginger water at a time may influence acidity.
Surprising effects of Flaxseeds
Hot flashes dizziness can be a big problem that comes with age for menopausal women. This magical seed known as flaxseed is known to reduce the effect of hot flashes as well as combat the issue in a useful pattern.
How to use?
- You can either directly consume powdered seeds or mix them with your favorite juice or cereal
- Make sure you take this powder or the seeds twice every day
If you are looking for proper remedies on how to get rid of hot flashes, you need to ensure that flaxseeds are a part of your daily diet.
Flax seeds may induce allergy in some cases. Be sure before use.
Foods to avoid in case of hot flashes:
- Animal Fats
- Refined sugar and carbohydrates
- Alcohol intake
- Products containing caffeine
- Too much of spices
2. Overcome hot flashes with herbal remedies
Get a relief using Passion Flower
Any instance of a headache hot flashes can be the worst especially when they get paired with anxiety and depression that could be one of the possible effects of menopause. Anxiety is known to trigger hot flashes, and the best thing you can do to these outbursts is to opt for passion flower herb and include the same in your daily diet.
How to use?
- Bring the water to boil
- Add a teaspoonful of dried passion flower and let the mixture sit for 5-10 min
- Drink it while warm for best results
Passionflower is known to house a bioactive compound that helps one relax while reducing the severity as well as the duration of these hot flashes. Daily consumption of this herb at least 2 or 3 times a day will assure a reduction in the instances of hot flash occurrence.
If you are experiencing hot flashes during pregnancy, it gets advised that you consult your doctor before consuming this herb. An overdose of passion flower may induce sleep for long hours.
Benefits of consuming Green tea
Even though consumption of caffeine when suffering from hot flashes should get completely avoided, Green tea can be considered an exception.
How to use?
- Boil water and add the tea bag containing green tea
- Let the tea diffuse in the water
- Add honey as per your choice
- Consume when warm
This herbal variant of traditional tea houses catechins that get compiled of powerful antioxidant properties. It isn’t just useful for controlling and reducing hot flashes but also a great detoxifier from the general toxins that get inside our body via air or the unhealthy diet we consume. You need to drinks this tea at least twice every day to see the results.
Too much of green tea may keep you awake for long. Do not take green tea intake during the night.
Using Ginseng tea
Are irritation, anxiety, and hot flashes bringing you down? Why not opt for ginseng tea on a daily basis to calm your nerves? Anxiety hot flashes can get alleviated with the healing effects of this favorite herb.
How to use?
- Add two teaspoons ginseng tea into a cup filled with warm water
- Put some honey to the same
- Drink it immediately without letting it go cold
Ginseng is known for carrying anti-fatigue and anti-inflammatory properties that cater effects of relaxation and helps restore energy in a drained out body. Additionally, ginseng also induces a calming effect that aids sleep which is a significant issue with patients suffering from hot flashes.
So if you are worried about how to get rid of hot flashes, it is advised that you opt for ginseng tea at least twice every day. It is one of the effective home remedies to treat hot flashes.
3. Deal hot flashes with essential oils
Why use peppermint oil for Hot Flashes?
If you are looking for essential oils for hot flashes, nothing could be better than using peppermint oil. The menthol present in peppermint is known for the soothing properties it houses. To understand how to treat hot flashes, you need to understand how peppermint oil works.
How to use?
- Use peppermint oil in a diffuser right next to the bed before going to sleep
- If you don’t have a diffuser at home, you can drop some peppermint oil onto a tissue paper
- Inhale the vapors from the same
Essentially, menthol helps you reduce any stress or anxiety while aiding in complete relaxation. The calming and soothing properties present in peppermint oil helps with the reduction of hot flashes severity.
Excess use of peppermint can desensitize the receptors for a while.
4. Cure hot flashes with home remedies
Apple cider vinegar – A Perfect remedy for Hot Flashes
Apple cider vinegar is very popular among the health conscious community all thanks to its unusual properties and ample nutrition content.
How to use?
- mix one tablespoon of the apple cider vinegar with one medium glass full of water
- After mixing the solution correctly, drink the same at least 1 or 2 times every day
The unfiltered and raw version of the apple cider vinegar houses some powerful and anti-inflammatory properties that can quickly bring down the intensified effects of the hot flashes. With this beneficial supplement, you get the best solution for how to get rid of hot flashes. Use it for a month and to see the symptoms of severe hot flashes shoo away.
The solution is acidic and might induce gastritis. Make sure you drink enough water throughout the day.
5. Home remedies for the treatment of hot flashes
Advantages of Coconut oil
Everyone is aware of the fact that coconut is a fantastic electrolyte for the body that serves multipurpose benefits for the body.
How to use?
- Incorporate coconut oil in your cook
- Massage your body with coconut oil, best effective immediately after a bath and before sleep
The oil extracted from this fruit has fatty acids that come with excellent levels of anti-inflammatory properties. Coconut oil when consumed on a daily basis in fixed amount can act as a cooling agent with soothing properties for the onset of hot flashes. It strips you of the unnecessary stress or anxiety that work as an inducer for hot flashes.
The oil massages may feel little sticky. Use of pure coconut oil without any additives works the best.
Dealing with the symptoms and issues that stem from hot flashes can be a tiring task. However, a little attention to your daily diet and these few natural remedies when implemented with devotion can help you get along without any consequential effects from hot flashes. Do not forget to consult your doctor if hot flashes persist even after opting for a natural remedy as it could be a sign of an underlying health issue.