Menopause could mean that you no longer have to suffer from cramps and the monthly pain, so when menopause occurs, most women heave a sigh of relief. However, that relief is cut short by hot flashes, palpitations, night sweats, and sporadic stress, which are the symptoms of menopause.
The administration of apple cider vinegar for hot flashes is an excellent way for the natural treatment of sudden feverish fits and other symptoms of menopause. Apple cider vinegar can effectively cure the fits and episodes, alleviate mood swings, and take care of hot flashes(1).
Apple Cider Vinegar for Hot Flashes
There is no prevention of hot flashes, however, they can be cured/ controlled by the administration of apple cider vinegar. Extensive clinical research on women has proven that apple cider vinegar is one of the best cures of hot flashes experienced during menopause by women — some of the reasons for using apple cider vinegar for hot flashes (2).
1. Aids In Detoxification
- Apple cider vinegar works by the elimination of toxins from the body. The toxins which are flushed out by the consumption of apple cider vinegar are the same toxins that the body tries to eliminate through sweat by breaking into a fit of perspiration during heat flashes.
- Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing the frequency of severity hot flashes thereby alleviating the sweating and discomfort.
- The consumption of apple cider vinegar tonic needs to accompanied with daily physical exercise which helps to accentuate the anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar.
- The detoxifying nature of apple cider vinegar gets enhanced by regular exercising which further contributes to the cure of hot flashes.
[Read: Treat Hot Flashes Naturally]
2. Maintains the Health of the Digestive Tract During Menopause
- Apple cider vinegar contains antioxidants, enzymes, and healthy bacteria which assist in the flushing out of different toxins thereby helping in the maintenance of the physiological functioning such as the gastrointestinal system.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar provides relief from acid reflux, bloating, stomach flu, indigestion, poor metabolism, and other digestive disorders.
3. Curing the Symptoms of Menopause
- Since apple cider vinegar aids in alkalinizing the body, it can assist with the natural alleviation of hot flushes, night sweats, and cerebral pain.
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in magnesium, which is not only essential for bone mass but also for enhancing the healthy functioning of the nerves and for curing emotional episodes, mood swings, stress, and depression.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar can help to cut down on sugar cravings. The compounds of apple cider vinegar can help in lowering the level of blood sugar.
- Heal the symptoms of menopause and alleviate the discomfort of hot flashes with apple cider vinegar.
[Read: Home Remedies for Menopause]
How to Use?
Apple cider vinegar is popular for home remedy of hot flashes experienced during menopause. The solution is now available in the form of capsules in local drugstores.
It is recommended by physicians to start the treatment of hot flashes with a capsule of apple cider vinegar a day and then slowly increase the dosage of tablets to 2-3 capsules on a daily basis. The apple cider vinegar supplement can cause side effects like headaches, increase in blood pressure, digestive troubles like diarrhea, and itchiness of the skin.
Drinking the tonic of apple cider vinegar helps in flushing out toxins from the body. The administration of apple cider vinegar tonic can alleviate the severity and frequency of hot flashes.
[Read: Treat Hot Flashes in Men]
1. Ginger and Apple cider vinegar
The consumption of apple cider vinegar and ginger tea on a daily basis is useful for the alleviation of hot flashes.
How to use?
- Set a cup of water to boil in a saucepan.
- Chop an inch-sized chunk of fresh and juicy ginger into pieces. Grind some of the slices of ginger to extract the ginger juice.
- Add a teaspoon each of the ginger juice and ginger bits to the water in the saucepan and boil for a few more minutes.
- Take the ginger tea off the flame and add 2-3 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar to it. Stir well to prepare an evenly dissolved solution.
- Drink the mixture of ginger tea and apple cider vinegar twice a day on a daily basis for the cure of hot flashes.
The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-boosting nature of ginger get enhanced by the addition of ACV. Ginger is rich in antioxidants that help neutralize the toxic free radicals and provide protection against hot flashes caused by oxidative stress — the consumption of ginger and apple cider vinegar assists in providing relief against sudden fits of perspiration, palpitations, sleeplessness caused by night sweats, and hot flashes.
[Read: Essential Oils For Hot Flashes]
2. Cinnamon Powder and Apple Cider Vinegar
Cinnamon is a mood enhancer and has cooling properties too. Drinking a concoction of apple cider vinegar and cinnamon powder on a regular basis is an excellent use of apple cider vinegar for hot flashes.
How to use?
- Pour a cup of water into a saucepan and boil on a low flame. Let it boil for a few minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the flame and let the water simmer down for a few minutes.
- Grind a few sticks of cinnamon into a fine powder and then add the powder to the hot water whilst gently stirring until you obtain a clear solution.
- Let the solution steep for about 2-3 minutes.
- Strain out the apple cider vinegar and cinnamon infusion into a mug and have it twice a day for the cure of hot flashes.
The antioxidant properties of cinnamon(3) get enhanced by the addition of apple cider vinegar. Cinnamon is rich in phytoestrogen compounds which contribute to the stabilization of the sex hormones like estrogen and progesterone in women. This hormonal stabilization aids in the cure of hot flashes, night sweat, and perspiration.
3. Flaxseed and Apple Cider Vinegar
Flaxseeds have been used to treat hot flashes in women since time immemorial, and on combining with apple cider vinegar for hot flashes, it makes for another very effective remedy.
How to use?
- Boil a cup of water for a few minutes.
- Grind a handful of flaxseed until it is fine.
- Add a teaspoon of the flaxseed powder to the hot water whilst gently stirring and then also add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Drink the infusion of flaxseed and apple cider vinegar regularly for the cure of hot flashes.
The consumption of flaxseed and ACV infusion helps in the natural cure of hot flashes by the stabilization of sex hormones which makes the hot flashes and night sweats subside.
[ Read: Home Remedies for Hot Flashes ]
- Drink a small amount of the mixture of apple cider vinegar and cinnamon to make sure that your digestive system is not affected.
- Do not take flaxseeds in excess as they might trigger diarrhea.
- Drinking excess apple cider vinegar causes the deficiency of potassium and decreases the mineral density of bones.
- The acidity of apple cider vinegar erodes the teeth enamel
- The consumption of apple cider vinegar interferes with diabetes medication and diuretic drugs.
Now you know how to get rid of Hot flashes naturally. Hot flashes are not scary but can be uncomfortable. Take apple cider vinegar with your favorite tea, fruit juice, and smoothies. Exercise on a daily basis and stick to a balanced diet to tackle the discomfort of menopause. Take the decoction of apple cider vinegar on a regular basis to put the symptoms of menopause to a permanent rest. If in any case the symptoms persist then consult a physician for immediate medical treatment.
1. How long does menopause hot flashes last?
Menopause related hot flashes and night sweats could last for years if left untreated. However, if you start the treatment soon, you could treat anywhere between 6 months to 2 years.
2. Why are hot flashes worse at night?
Hot flashes tend to happen often at night because the body tends to grow warmer and under these conditions, the patient is aggravated and may feel worse night sweats.