Going out on summer mornings might be your favorite because it’s that time of the year again to bring out your gorgeous miniskirts, spaghetti strapped tops and shorts and flowy sundresses but it’s scary to don these on for good reasons too!
No matter how religiously you smear your face, arms and legs with sunscreen cream and sun blocker lotions, all of that will melt out with sweat and before you know it your skin turns reddish brown and painfully sunburnt.
But don’t worry about how to get rid of a tan fast! Enlisted below are fifteen brilliantly effective home remedies that will keep your summer holiday plans from getting ruined by the scorching ball of fire in the sky.
Top 15 Home Remedies for Sun Tan:
Here’s a piece of good news for you. You no longer need to flit between salons and sit for exorbitant tan removal treatments thinking how to remove tan from face, nor do you need to spend a fortune on expensive cosmetic creams and chemicals figuring out how to get rid of suntan.
There are some highly effective remedies to remove tan from face right at your home and using natural ingredients as elucidated below-
1. Tomato, Lentils and Aloe Vera Face Pack-
While tomato gives the skin its much-needed glow and nourishment, the lentils work like magic in removing sun tan.
Aloe Vera(1) rejuvenates your facial skin and heals sun burns quickly. These three ingredients can be mixed to make an effective face mask and can be applied to arms and legs as well if they are tanned too or sunburnt.
- Make a fine paste of the red lentils by soaking it in water for an hour and then grinding it.
- To this paste, add the Aloe Vera gel and pulp of two tomatoes.
- Massage your face, neck and every other sun tanned part of your body for about 15-20 minutes.
- Do this for a week for effective removal of tan.
2. Yogurt, Lemon, and Tomato Face Pack-
Lemon acts as a natural bleaching agent and lightens the skin tone and gets rid of dark spots. Yogurt moisturizes the skin and keeps it soft and supple. The pulp of tomatoes helps in shrinking the open pores on the facial skin and gets rid of sebaceous oil.
- For preparing the facial pack take a tablespoon each of lemon extract and yogurt in a bowl.
- Mix it well and then add two tablespoons of tomato pulp.
- Apply this well-mixed paste on your face and keep it for about 30 minutes.
- Your skin might twitch a little because of the lemon juice but you can ignore it.
- Do this for a week for good results.
3. Orange Juice and Yogurt Pack-
Orange juice contains Vitamin C that bleaches your skin naturally and removes every trace of suntan. It helps to get rid of dark spots and blemishes. Yogurt(2) helps the skin to retain its moisture and nourishment.
- Mix yogurt and orange juice in a bowl.
- If you are preparing a face mask then a tablespoon of each will be enough.
- Apply the paste evenly on your skin and keep it so for about half an hour.
- Rinse your skin and savor its soft, supple texture.
4. Turmeric and Gram Flour Pack-
Wondering how to prevent tanning, try this multi-purpose face pack that serves as bleach, a scrub, and a tan removing agent.
Raw turmeric lends the skin a healthy, golden glow and gets rid of sun tan while gram flour exfoliates the facial skin and removes dead skin cells. This face pack requires a few ingredients apart from raw turmeric(3) and gram flour.
- Take two tablespoons of gram flour and a teaspoon of turmeric in a bowl.
- Add to this a tablespoon of orange peel powder obtained from dried and crushed orange peel and a tablespoon of rose water.
- Smear the pack on your face.
- Scrub your face as soon as the pack gets dry and remove it with cool water.
- Do this twice every week for effective removal of suntan at home.
5. Buttermilk and Oatmeal Pack-
Oatmeal exfoliates the skin and buttermilk helps to keep the skin fresh and moisturized.
- Take three tablespoons of buttermilk and two of oatmeal(4) in a bowl.
- Stir well to make this face pack.
- Massage your face, neck and other sunburnt areas of your body.
- Rinse with cool water after 20 minutes.
6. Honey and Papaya Pack-
The enzyme papain present in papaya is an excellent suntan remover and honey is a natural skin softener. This is a moisturizing and richly nourishing sun tan remover pack.
- Take a cup of pulped papaya and mixing that with two tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck and keep it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and do this thrice in a week for two to three weeks for a soft and glowing skin.
7. Lemon Extract and Potatoes Pack-
The vitamins in potato help to remove sun tan and give the skin a fresh and healthy glow. Lemon extract bleaches the skin and infuses the skin with a rich dose of vitamin C(5).
- Take a raw potato and extract its juice.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon extract to a tablespoon of potato juice.
- Smear your face with this mixture and rinse thoroughly after about half an hour.
8. Saffron and Milk Cream Pack-
Saffron is the best for treating suntan, getting rid of acne and brightening skin tone and is a little costly too.
- Combine a few strands of saffron with two tablespoons of fresh cream of milk.
- Apply the mixture gently to your face and keep it for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
- This can be done everyday at bedtime for the best results.
9. Milk Cream and Strawberries Pack-
- Take four strawberries and crush them into a fine pulp.
- Add two tablespoons of milk cream to the fruit pulp.
- Mix well to make a soft paste.
- Smear the paste and leave it for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
10. Fuller’s Earth and White Gourd Face Mask-
Fuller’s earth is one of the most naturally available effective agents of removing suntan, acne, oil and dirt.
- Make half a cup of white gourd paste and add two teaspoons of fuller’s earth to it.
- Stir the paste to make a smooth mixture.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck and wait till it gets dry
- Moisten the dried up mask with water, scrub well and then rinse it off completely.
11. Honey, Milk and Almond Oil Face Pack-
Milk nourishes the skin, honey and almond oil(8) moisturizes the skin and gives the skin a rich nutritious boost.
- Take two tablespoons of creamy milk, a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of almond oil.
- Stir well to form a rich paste.
- Smear your face with the mask and keep this on for about half an hour.
- Rinse with cool water and do this every alternate day to remove sun tan and acquire soft, glowing skin.
12. Wheat Flour Pack-
White flour helps to get rid of sun tan and fights against several skin problems like hyper pigmentation of skin, uneven skin complexion, skin blemishes and more.
- Take about two tablespoons of wheat flour in a bowl and add a tablespoon of rose water to it.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste that is neither too runny nor too thick.
- Apply the paste to your face and keep it for half an hour.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
- Do this every alternate day to remove sun tan effectively.
13. Coconut Water and Sandalwood Powder Face Pack-
Sandalwood powder(9) is a rich skin cleanser and suntan remover. It helps to exfoliate skin and gets rid of sunburns, blisters and skin blemishes. Coconut water is a highly effective skin nourisher and soother.
- To a tablespoon of powdered sandalwood and two tablespoons of coconut water and a few drops of almond oil for moisturisation.
- Stir to make a thick paste and apply it to your face and neck for about 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse it with cool water.
- Do this thrice a week for clear, glowing skin.
14. Honey and Pineapple Face Pack-
Pineapple is a rich supply of nutrients and enzymes that effectively remove dead cells from suntanned skin.
Being rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C, pineapple makes for an amazing tan remover mask. Honey moisturizes and nourishes your skin and makes your skin healthy.
- Take two heaped tablespoons of pulped pineapple in a bowl and add a tablespoon of honey to it.
- Apply the mixture gently to your face and neck and keep it for about ten minutes.
- Rinse your face with cool water and do this three to four times a week for effective sun tan removal at home.
15. Fuller’s Earth and Neem Face Pack-
Neem is rich in nutrients and antioxidants(10).
- Grind neem leaves into a powder.
- Mix a tablespoon of it with another of fuller’s earth powder.
- Add two tablespoons of rose water to the powdery mixture apply the paste to your skin for the most effective results.