It is very shocking to know that approximately 21 million women and 35 million men tend to suffer from the problem of hair loss. As compared to women, men tend to lose their hair at a 40% faster rate, by the age of 35. Not only hair fall, but many other hair problems affect a large number of populations.
These include – excess thinning of hair leading to hair fall, dandruff, split ends, etc. People usually misjudge your personality and age because of the quantity of your hair on your head.
Not all hair types are the same, and every kind of hair requires a different kind of nourishment. Taking proper care of hair can make your hair grow faster and stronger naturally, without any use of artificial methods, including the use of chemicals.
Some researches also suggest that going bald can be genetic too. Hair fall and hair problems can occur due to plenty of reasons, but yes, they can be cured by following some effective remedies.
You can prepare these remedies at your home as a DIY, by just following some simple steps. Home remedies have least chances to cause any side effect, rather than any other method. Proper use of effective home remedies can decrease your hair fall and can help your hair grow stronger with good volume.
Hair Loss Myths
- Many believe that frequent wearing of hats can cause hair loss. Contrary to the belief that wearing hats suffocates the scalp, follicles actually get their oxygen from the bloodstream. Thus wearing a hat or not has no effect on hair loss.
- Frequent shampooing is another common myth. People often associate hair thinning with it. It is completely normal to lose up to 150 strands of hair while shampooing.
- If you think clogged pores can cause hair loss, then all you have to do is unclog the pores. And that is really not the case.
- Another common belief is if the blood flow is decreased to the scalp, then it results in hair loss.
Important Factors That Influence Hair Growth
Here are some essential factors that can affect your hair growth –
- Hormonal Imbalances and genetic – Our hormones play a crucial role in regulating hair growth. Even a slight change in your hormonal balance can cause significant effects by generating the problem of hair fall. In some cases, the cause of hair loss can be due to other medications.
- Deficiency of nutrients – Lack of nutrients, such as iron and zinc, can lead to the weakening of the hair roots, as well as thinning of hair. It is equally important to take sufficient amount of nutrients, as per the requirements of the body.
- Low levels of proteins and biotin – Low levels of proteins and biotin in our body are reasons behind the tenderness of the hair strands. Proteins replenish a large number of nutrients, such as iron and zinc. Biotin supports the formation of collagen and elastin that are responsible for hair growth(1).
- Stress – Stress is another common factor. Controlling stress can resolve all your hair fall problems.
- Aging – Hair loss generally starts with an onset of old age; that’s why it is one of the signs of aging. As the age increases, the hair shaft becomes weak along with the hair follicle present on the scalp.
- Exposure to sun – Exposure to the sun can cause hair damage too. The sun rays emit the UV radiations, which are harmful to the hair and skin. The power of UV rays can alter the physical, as well as the chemical composition of your hair. The free radicals tend to damage the hair follicles.
10 Powerful Remedies That Promote Hair Growth
Here are the top 10 home remedies that can promote hair growth are –
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera naturally conditions your hair and helps in reducing dandruff. It soothes the hair follicles and unblocks the pores.
It is an all-natural supplement which consists of a compound substance, known as AminoMar C. It is generally present along with the other ingredients in shampoos and conditioners. It provides strength to the hair shaft, as well as hair roots.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil serves the best purpose in locking the proteins in your hair shaft. It contains some necessary amount of fatty acids that perform the task of securing the proteins. You can gently massage some coconut oil in your scalp, as well as in your complete hair volume. It will provide essential nourishment to your hair.
You can try out various massage types available on your scalp to improve the quality of your hair growth, They will not only help you in getting relief from tension and stress but will also focus on giving the overall nourishment to the hair.
5. Onion Juice
Onion juice is also known as the promotor of hair growth. According to the researches, onion juice helps the blood in reaching out to every junction of the blood vessel. In simple words, it stimulates proper blood circulation.
- Blend some onions and squeeze them to extract the juice.
- Apply the juice on your scalp and leave it for around 15 minutes.
- Use regular shampoo to rinse your hair.
Ginseng clears the hair follicles and stimulates hair growth. It shows a lot of positive effects on your hair. Taking Ginseng supplements is not only safe but has positive outcomes too.
Lemon is rich in citric acid, which helps in removing dandruff from your scalp. Lemon oil or lemon juice can enhance the growth of your hair. Here is an easy way to use lemon for your hair –
- Extract some fresh lemon juice.
- Apply it on your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Use your regular shampoo to rinse it.
8. Geranium Oil
Geranium oil supports hair growth and enhances the blood circulation from the cuticles. You can mix a few drops of Geranium oil in your regular shampoo or conditioner. It will provide strength and hydration to your hair and scalp.
9. Fish Oil
The main ingredient in Fish oil is Omega-3 fatty acid. It can provide energy to your cells and can enhance their functioning to make your hair grow stronger and longer. Apart from hair, it can improve the immunity of your body. You must take a certain amount of fish oil after the prescription from an expert.
10. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is known as one of the best essential oils that can treat your hair growth and enhance it impressively. You can add a few drops of Rosemary oil into your regular oil, conditioner, and shampoo. Do not overuse the oil for continuous purposes, as it may be harmful to your skin.
Our hair growth depends upon the kind of care we do for our hair. In today’s busy world, it is next to impossible, if you want to take good care of your hair by opting for some lengthy procedures. Many other factors can affect hair growth by damaging it ultimately.
For the people living in metropolitan cities, it is difficult to maintain healthy hair, because of the increasing amount of pollution.
Pollution damages the hair shaft, and continuous exposure to pollution can cause complete damage too. You can fight your hair problems effectively and efficiently by following some easy DIY measures to prepare some home remedies. You can certainly avoid a lot of hair problems with the help of these home remedies.