All of you worry about hair problems including hair fall, bald patches, and thinning hair once in your lifetime. Hair loss is unavoidable at some point in life unless you take some necessary steps about it. About 85% of men will have experienced a significant amount of losing or thinning of hair. Approximately 25% of men begin balding by the age of 30. Let’s see how to overcome this problem with the help vitamins.
Vitamins are an essential nutrient for making the hair stronger and healthier. Biotin produces keratin and growth of existing hair. Vitamins increase the hair’s elasticity. At this time, you may think about how to get the essential vitamins for hair growth? If yes, you are on the right page. Check out these natural home remedies and food recipes that have beneficial vitamins for hair growth. Read on.
6 Vitamins For your hair
A brief on vitamins for hair growth
Vitamins(1) are present in all fruits and vegetables. A vitamin is an essential micronutrient and an organic molecule that is needed by all organisms in proper quantities or small quantities for the effective functioning of the metabolism. There are different types of vitamins that have diverse biochemical functions.
Vitamin A regulates cell and tissue differentiation and its growth. Vitamin C, E, and K function as effective antioxidants.
Intake of biotin and vitamin D is the best way to gain thick and strong hair growth. Let’s have quick look about different types of vitamins and what vitamins are good for hair growth. Pick the best type that suit better hair growth.
6 Incredible Vitamins for hair growth and thickness
Here is the list of the top 6 vitamins for hair growth
1. Vitamin A
Vitamin A is the most essential vitamin for cell production in the body including the new cells of hair. It regulates the production of sebum in the body that works as a natural moisturizer for the hair. For a natural intake of vitamin A, you can include sweet potatoes, spinach, pumpkin, kale, carrots, milk, eggs yogurt etc in your diet that adds beta carotin to your body which later gets converted into Vitamin A.
[Read: Carrot Juice Benefits]
2. Vitamin B
Vitamin B or biotin is one of the best vitamins that you can find for hair growth. This vitamin helps in the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen and essential nutrients to the hair. Biotin is also used in alternative hair loss treatments.
If you want to take biotin through your diet, then include dark leafy green veggies, seafood, almonds, whole grains, meat, fish etc in your diet.The other beneficial vitamins for hair growth and thickness are B12, B7 and B3.
[Read: Reasons to Eat Almonds]
3. Vitamin C
One potential reason for hair thinning is free radical damage. Vitamin C had loads of anti-oxidants that works wonders to fight against this free radicals. Vitamin C is also a basic ingredient for the production of collagen in the body which is a crucial part of the structure of hair.
Eat guava, strawberries, Indian gooseberry, pepper and citrus fruits to give your body a vitamin C punch.
4. Vitamin D
5. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is also an essential component as Vitamin C to prevent oxidative damage to the hair. Do you know taking vitamin E supplements for approximately 8 months can give you 35,4% increase in your hair growth process? Sounds great, isn’t it!
Avocados, spinach, sunflower seeds, and almonds can enrich you with this vitamin naturally.
[Read: Vitamin E for Hair]
It helps in the regeneration of fresh and new hair strands that adds to your hair growth process. There is a myth around vitamin K that it causes hair loss but as its said, it is a myth that’s not true at all. You can get vitamin K from whole milk, raw salmon, butter, skimmed milk etc.
Foods that contain vitamins for hair growth (+DIYs)
1. Coconut oil and carrot
How to prepare:
- Take a carrot and 4 teaspoons of coconut oil(2)
- Cut the carrot into tiny pieces and blend them using a mixer
- Add the coconut oil to the carrots and mix well to make a thick paste
- Apply the paste all over the hair and scalp
- Leave it as it for 15 minutes and wash it off using a mild shampoo
- Do this twice a week
Benefits of coconut oil and carrot:
Everybody across the globe uses coconut oil for hair growth and skin nourishment. Coconut oil is rich in vitamin K and vitamin E which are essential vitamins for hair growth. Coconut oil nixes damaging free radicals and shields all cells.
The essential fatty acids and vitamins in coconut oil nourish the scalp and prevent sebum build-up from your hair follicles. Let’s see about the benefits of another major ingredient in this remedy. Carrot is rich in vitamin A and stimulates sebum production that helps combat hair loss by conditioning the scalp.
In addition to vitamin A, carrot also contains essential vitamins like B, E, and C that are found to improve the blood circulation in the scalp. Carrots are capable of enhancing the overall strength of the hair by making it thicker.
[Read: Coconut Oil for Dry Scalp]
2. Amla (Indian gooseberry) for hair growth
- Take 20 gm of Amla powder and 100ml of olive oil or coconut oil
- Boil the olive or coconut oil of your choice in a pan
- Add the amla powder into the oil and heat the oil until it turns brown
- Leave the oil aside to cool
- When the charred powder settles down to collect the oil in a bowl
- Apply directly to your hair and scalp while it is warm and massage gently for 10-15minutes
- After massaging, wait for 30 minutes with the oil in the scalp
- Rinse with mild sulfate-free shampoo and take bath in lukewarm water
- Follow this twice a week for better hair growth
Benefits of Amla:
You all know that Amla contains natural vitamin C and extremely a rich source of antioxidants. The regular usage of amla in foods or in hair mask fights of the damage-causing free radicals and strengthen the hair shafts by preventing issues including splint-ends and breakage.
The amla powder in hair mask effectively prevents dandruff and proves immensely beneficial for scalp and hair. Olive oil is an incredible oil for hair care which is highly rich in vitamins E and K. Olive oil nourishes and prevents issues like flaky and dry skin.
3. Salmon for hair growth
- 100g salmon fillets
- ½ cup of broccoli
- ½ tablespoon of dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon of garlic oil
- ½ tablespoon of dried rosemary
- Two teaspoons of mayonnaise with chili oil salt and pepper
How to prepare?
- Add the dried thyme, dried rosemary, butter, garlic oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well
- Rub the mixture on the salmon fillets
- Heat the grill for about 3 minutes and place salmon and broccoli on the grill and grill for 8 minutes
- Add one tablespoon for butter on top of the salmon
- Now sprinkle some salt and pepper on the recipe
- Plate the grilled salmon and broccoli with mayonnaise and chili oil dip
Benefits of salmon:
A balanced and healthy diet can be obtained through the consumption of salmon and fish. The salmon is enriched with iron, omega-3-fatty acids, and vitamin B12 complex. Eventually, it proves to he highly beneficial for the growth and health of your hair.
When you consume salmon with vitamin C rich garlic, boosts collagen production and helps to stimulate better hair growth. All of these, when consumed together helps you obtain healthy scalp and lustrous hair.
4. Eggs and spinach
- 2 eggs one cup of spinach
- ½ tablespoon of garlic paste
- ¼ cup of finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoon butter one teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese and some salt and pepper
How to prepare?
- Combine the eggs(3) and a pinch of salt and pepper with a whisk
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat and add one tablespoon of butter
- Add the garlic paste and fry the eggs for about ½ a minute
- Add the celery, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook for about 1 minute
- Add the 1 tablespoon of butter and whisked eggs
- Fry it like an omelet for about 2-3 minutes over medium heat
- add the cheddar cheese and sautéed spinach-celery
- Toss the oregano on top and wrap the omelet to cover the celery, spinach, and cheddar stuffing
- Cook till the cheese melts and consume while it is still hot
Benefits of eggs and spinach:
You all know that eggs contain an amazing range of nutrients. One large egg contains almost every vitamin and minerals including vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B5, and Vitamin B12. In addition to vitamins, proteins are also an extremely essential element for hair growth that is found abundantly in eggs.
Hair is composed of proteins and consumption of eggs are very beneficial. Eggs take care of the breakage and treat the loss of hair. Now let’s see about the benefits of spinach in this amazing food. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, Vitamin B2, B6, Vitamin A, and vitamin E. Vitamins A and C in spinach helps to produce oil on the scalp and prevents loss hair.
A word of caution
- Always make sure you use only fresh vegetables and fruits. Rotten fruits and vegetable can contain bacteria that causes the condition even worse.
- Don’t apply the hair mask directly on the scalp or hair when it is too hot.
- Always do a patch test for avoiding irritation.
Though vitamins are present in most foods you consume, it is an important nutrient and deserves your attention for better hair growth. The natural home remedies of vitamins for hair growth are discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the body.
It is not a significant matter to reduce and prevent the hair loss if you follow these remedies and foods on a daily basis as mention above. There is no doubt in that. While applying the hair mask make sure you keep a word of caution in mind to get impressive results. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over the time, make sure to consult with a physician.