Are your loo hours creating a problem for people around you? Have your family members started planning their morning schedules as per the time you spend trying to relieve your gut each morning? If yes then you would have been surely advised to have a lot of liquids to ease the problem of constipation, but plain water is just too boring to have all day! Here we have an incredible list of the best 11 juices that can relieve you of constipation.
Constipation is one of the most unpleasant digestive disorders that come with bloating, severe abdominal cramps, anal pain during defecation, and acid reflux. Drinking fruit and vegetable juices can help in the alleviation of the different symptoms of constipation in just a few minutes. But do you know how you can employ them in the best manner? Read ahead as we list what these juices can offer you along with some delicious fruit and vegetable juices for constipation.
Which juices are the best to relieve constipation?
- Sweet lime juice
- Pineapple juice
- Watermelon juice
- Lemon juice
- Apple juice
- Orange juice
- Cucumber juice
- Prune juice
- Pear juice
- Peach juice
- Green Apple Juice
The hardening of feces characterizes constipation. The hardened feces refuse to pass through the colon and cause immense intestinal pain. But we have good news for you. The pain and discomfort of constipation can get cured by the administration of delicious and fresh fruits and vegetable juices.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies For Constipation]The different juices and their respective nutritional profiles are.
1. Sweet lime juice
Sweet lime juice is an excellent home remedy for the natural treatment of constipation. It possesses a host of different organic acids that work to eliminate toxins from the body with the evacuation of bowels. Drinking cool and freshly prepared sweet lime juice for constipation helps in providing quick relief from bloating, stomachache, and irregularity of bowel movement.
- Sweet lime juice contains carbohydrates, electrolytes that include sodium and potassium, vitamin C, and minerals such as calcium and iron.
- Sweet lime is also rich in flavonoids and antioxidants that help with digestion by enhancing the secretion of digestive juices.
2. Pineapple juice
Pineapple juice is excellent for the natural cure of constipation. The fruit contains bromelain which is an enzyme that aids in soothing the pain and discomfort of constipation. Pineapple juice for constipation regulates bowel movement and induces the passing out of feces with ease.
- Pineapple contains nutrients that include carbohydrates, proteins, and dietary fiber.
- It also contains vitamins such as folates, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
- Pineapple is rich in electrolytes that include sodium and potassium and minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc.
- Pineapple is abundant in the enzyme bromelain that is incredibly effective for the cure of constipation. Bromelain is anti-inflammatory that is good for the treatment of intestinal inflammation.
3. Watermelon juice
Watermelon is the most delicious fruits of summer. It contains a considerable amount of water that will help to stay hydrated and fresh. Watermelon juice for constipation helps in cleansing the digestive tract and aids in the regulation of bowel movement.
- Watermelon contains nutrients such as carbohydrates, dietary fiber, proteins, and fats.
- It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, choline, and betaine.
- Watermelon is rich in minerals such as calcium, iron, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, copper, magnesium, selenium, and fluoride. It is also rich in the electrolytes like sodium and potassium and contains a host of phytosterols.
- Watermelon juice helps in gastrointestinal cleansing with its rich content of nutrients and water.
4. Lemon juice
Lemon juice contains vitamin C that is excellent for the cure of indigestion and nausea. Drinking 2-3 glasses of lemon juice for constipation helps in softening the hardened stool that passes out comfortably through the colon.
- Lemon juice is rich in nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, dietary fibers, and a negligible amount of healthy fats.
- The abundant supply of vitamins of lemons include folates, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
- Lemon juice is rich in electrolytes like potassium and sodium and minerals such as calcium, copper iron, magnesium, manganese, and zinc.
- The phytonutrients present in lemons include alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lutein-zeaxanthin, and lycopene. Lemons also contain flavonoids and antioxidants like naringenin, naringin, and hesperetin.
- The citric acid present in lemons is highly beneficial for the cure of digestive disorders like constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
5. Apple juice
Apple juice is perfect for the cure of constipation. It possesses a strong laxative nature that helps in the expulsion of the hardened feces. Apples contain sorbitol which makes apple juice for constipation aid in the control of digestion and cure of indigestion. It is also rich in iron that makes it excellent for health.
- Apples contain nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and dietary fibers.
- It contains vitamins that include folates, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
- The electrolytes contained in apples include potassium and sodium, and the mineral content consists of calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Apple is rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants that comprise beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, and lutein-zeaxanthin and flavonoids like procyanidin B2, epicatechin, and quercetin.
- The sorbitol in apples is useful for the cure of constipation.
6. Orange juice
Orange juice possesses vitamin C and is rich in fibrous content that helps in adding bulk and softness to the hard and lumpy stool. The vitamin C of oranges helps in the improvement of digestion. Drinking orange juice for constipation also helps in the treatment of indigestion, nausea, and vomiting.
- The nutrient profile of oranges comprises of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and dietary fibers. Its content of vitamins include folates, vitamin A and C, thiamin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, and niacin.
- The electrolytes present in oranges include sodium and potassium, and the mineral content of oranges is calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and zinc.
- Orange is rich in pectin that is known for its strong laxative nature. It helps in making the tool soft and bulky and protects the mucilaginous lining of the intestines by preventing its exposure to toxic waste. Pectin binds with bile juices and reduces cholesterol as well.
7. Cucumber juice
Cucumber is rich in water, fibers, and fluids. Drinking cucumber juice for constipation aids in the regulation of bowel movement and cures irritable and painful movement of bowel. Cucumber is a powerful laxative that soothes the pain in the intestines by the evacuation of the hard and dry feces.
- The nutritional composition of cucumbers include nutrients like carbohydrates, dietary fibers, proteins, and fats. The vitamins of cucumbers consist of folates, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
- Cucumbers contain the electrolytes sodium and potassium and minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc.
- It also contains phytonutrients like beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, and lutein-zeaxanthin.
- The dietary fibers of cucumbers help in the natural treatment of constipation.
8. Prune juice
Prune juice is particularly beneficial for the treatment of constipation because of its rich content of dietary fiber. The fiber present in prunes helps to add more bulk to the stool. According to the Korean Journal or Community Nutrition, drinking freshly prepared prune juice for constipation can increase the frequency of bowel movement, alleviate abdominal pain, ease the passing out of hardened and dry feces, and cure rectal pain by the softening of the stool.
- The nutrients in prunes include carbohydrates, natural sugars, dietary fiber, and proteins.
- It is rich in sodium and potassium and excellent for the treatment of constipation because of its high content of fibers.
- The vitamin and mineral content of prunes include vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
9. Pear juice
Pear juice contains sorbitol which is a type of alcohol that is beneficial for the cure of constipation. The fibrous content of pear juice for constipation helps in making the firm and lumpy stool bulky and soft thus making its expulsion easier.
- The delicious and juicy pears are rich in carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and dietary fiber. The dietary fiber is of non-soluble polysaccharide type which acts as an excellent laxative for the natural treatment of constipation and other digestive disorders like indigestion, bloating, abdominal cramps, and fullness. The fiber is gritty which makes it useful in protecting the colon from carcinogenic toxins and chemical waste.
- The vitamin content of pears include folates, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
- The minerals of pears include calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and phosphorus.
- Pear juice is an excellent natural remedy for the cure of colitis, gallbladder problems, gout, and arthritis.
10. Peach juice
Peach juice is rich in sorbitol which is remarkably effective for the natural treatment of constipation. Peach juice for constipation is effective in softening the stool and pushing it out of the colon effectively.
- The nutrient composition of the pretty pink peaches consists of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and dietary fibers. Peaches also contain an abundant supply of vitamins that includes folates, vitamin A, C, E and K, thiamin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, and niacin.
- It contain electrolytes like sodium and potassium and minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc.
- Peaches contain sorbitol that lends it its mildly laxative properties.
11. Green Apple Juice
Not just red apples but the juice of green apples is also very beneficial for loosening the fecal matter in the gut. It also makes for a fantastic post-work-out juice that not only helps to replenish moisture inside the body but also aids for better digestion.
- Green apples are a rich source of antioxidants and minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium.
- It is also rich in vitamin K and anthocyanins that add up to its nutritional value. The high fiber content of green apples works in favor of your gut to relieve you from constipation.
Medicines had always been scary back when we were kids. Almost everyone would have never told their moms that their stomach is aching out of fear of drink that bitter and pungent syrup that all hate to death. But times have changed, and stomachache is almost a welcome feeling now thanks to the delicious and yummy smoothies and juices for constipation which are novice, quick, and super-efficient. So the next time you get attacked by the constipation monster (God forbid!) try a few juicy shots of apples, oranges, sweet limes, and lemons to cure constipation in a few minutes.