Facial exercises, face yoga, and face lifting postures are growing in prominence for their ability to give a defined jawline. A sharp and defined jawline is a trend that is perceived to add a lot of value to the person’s appearance. Follow some facial exercises for jowls to have a youthful look.
Sagging skin, jowls, and double chin can make anyone look older than the actual age. It’s not easy to fight those extravagant signs of aging but a little effort with a regular workout routine of the face can help anyone get a beautiful jawline more naturally.
Though there are many Botox and anti-aging treatments available in the market and highly qualified dermatologists that can help you deal with the problem, that can be an extra expensive affair altogether. Sometimes they can also have some side-effects which can damage the face.
Why not try some do at home exercise that can help you lift your face and give to fine and edged jawline?
There is no proven fact that claims that facial exercises can help to lift you sagging jowl. But it is a simple, natural, and cost-effective way to tone the facial muscles(1), improve blood circulation, and enhance the overall look of the face and also body. The right amount of blood flow provides oxygen to your skin cells, which improves the brightness of the skin and helps tighten the muscles.
Facial Exercises for Jowls
1. Smiling chick sculpting
- Smile without opening your mount and showing your teeth.
- Purse both the lips together and then smile. Hold the posture for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Apply the next step. Put both hand index fingers in the corner of your mouth, and drag your cheeks towards the ears, hold the posture for 20 to 30 seconds.
- A combination of both the activities makes a full set of the exercise, smiling tighten your checks, allowing them to flow the blood in continuous motion for 20 seconds.
[ Read: Get Rid of Double Chin Naturally ]
2. Jowls lifter
- Open your mouth and create a circle in “O” shape, following the posture smile lifting your cheeks and face in an upward direction.
- Put your index fingers in your mouth and raise the checks in an upward direction.
- Repeat this exercise for 10 to 15 times.
- Take 30 seconds breaks in the middle if you feel the need and then start doing it again.
3. Cow face exercise
- Close your mouth and bring your lower teeth towards the forward direction, push your upper teeth in the backward direction as much as you can.
- Hold the posture for 20 to 30 seconds. Repeat the pose 15 to 20 times.
- This exercise is beneficial in defining your jawline.
- It stretches your neck muscle and allows the blood flow.
- This exercise also helps you tighten the neck muscles and reduce wrinkles.
[ Read: Exercises for Double Chin ]
4. Baby bird face
- Look up at the ceiling while tilting your head towards that, touch the top of your mouth with the tongue and swallow tilting the head to the left and then right.
- Hold the posture for 20 seconds and repeat 4 times in a row.
- Chewing gum for a few minutes can help you deal with a double chin.
- Put a piece of chewing gum in your mouth and chew it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- There is no limit to the number of chewing gum to chew in a day; you can try this anywhere and anytime.
- Chewing helps circulate the blood flow into the muscles.
- It can give you wonderful benefits by reducing muscle stress and allowing the oxygen to flow properly in the skin.
[Read: Yoga for Beauty]
6. Bringing the tongue out
- That can look weird, but it’s a magical technique to deal with wrinkles around the mouth area.
- Bring your tongue out and take it several times in a row.
- Allow the tongue to touch your nose as well.
- Try doing it daily; it improves the flexibility of jawbones gives you defined jawline.
7. Ceiling and floor
- Put both of your palms on your chest just below your collarbone; hold the muscle with slight pressure.
- Tilt your head towards the ceiling and hold the posture for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Next, look at the floor, and hold the posture for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat step 10 to 15 times and do it twice a day.
- This improves your neck muscle and tones the neck area and removes the extra layer of sagging skin.
[ Read: Exercises for Neck Fat ]
How do you stop the sagging jowls and slow down the sign of aging?
There is no way you can stop the aging factors, and our body starts showing the sign of aging with passing age. However, regular exercises are essential to keep both the body and face evenly toned. Along with exercises dermatologists suggest maintaining a proper diet.
Adding juices, fiber intakes(2) and a lot of veggies & fruits can help to slow down the signs of aging. Adequate sleep is also essential to give you a youthful face and body. It’s scientifically proven that daily rest of 6 hours for men and 7 to 8 hours is essential for the healthy and youthful body.
Can yoga help you deal with the double chin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles? Yes, it can.
Yoga is a well tested and applied method for dealing with various health conditions. It’s proven that yoga does magic to your body and overall health in many ways. It is the most natural method for getting a toned body and face. Many celebrities are also yoga lovers for getting youthful and brighter skin and body.
[ Read: Facial Yoga Exercises for Anti-Ageing ]
Try these do it home exercise regularly; it will not only improve the way you look but also helps you strengthen the neck and face muscle. Fully healthy tissues will give you rejuvenated skin and bring the glow once again. Try to maintain the proper diet and sleep pattern as well for magical benefits on your face.
1. Can fillers treat sagging jowls?
Yes, the latest advanced medical techniques use fillers to lift sagging jowls. However, it may or may not give you a permanent solution.
2. How do collagen-rich foods help jowls?
Collagen is one of the vital components in the body, which helps in keeping the skin tight. It, in turn, prevents sagging and can give a defined jawline.