Aging is inevitable and so are the changes it brings on your face and body. To age gracefully is no easy task. Though it majorly depends on your lifestyle, some of the damage can be avoided using these easy facial yoga exercises. This is one of the best and active ways to slow down the effects of aging.
Though facial yoga exercise takes time and a little effort to showcase its results. Sometimes there are anecdotal effects which are immediate and can help in diminishing signs of fatigue, water retention, and aging face. There are various benefits of facial yoga exercises such as keeping the facial muscles healthy and giving you a younger-looking glowing skin.
Facts About Facial Yoga
It is inevitable to avoid changes that occur due to aging. Skin loses its elasticity and youthfulness. Fine lines and wrinkles start to appear on the face skin. Skin loosening is one of the significant side effects that can benefit the most by practicing these exercises.
All of us yearn to have smooth and tight skin. Facial yoga(1) is one of the ideal ways for getting rid of fine lines and fat from the face skin. Thus, facial yoga helps a great deal in anti-aging. Additionally, it also helps to stretch the facial muscles, which is a better getting under the knife.
Fast Facts About Facial Yoga Are the Following:
- Facial yoga helps in expanding the underlying tissues and also rejuvenates skin cells blood flow, which further stimulates and develops the underlying oxygenated facial muscles.
- Regular exercising strengthens the face muscles and feeds the tissues, muscles, and skin cells with blood and much-needed nutrients.
- You can attain a slimmer face without any medical intervention.
Benefits of Facial Yoga Exercises For Anti-Ageing
Usually, people who want to maintain their youthful appearance engage themselves in facial yoga. It also helps in addressing proper head and neck postures. Moreover, it resolves jaw problems and orthodontic relapses.
Facial yoga is considered as a viable alternative to facial plastic surgery because it helps in getting rid of wrinkles and saggy facial muscles. Facial yoga not only addresses the oral cavity or mouth issues but also helps to strengthen the facial muscles as well as adjoined head and neck muscles. Few of the following problems that get resolved are:
- Orthodontic Relapse
- Bloating Due to Air Swallowing
- Teeth Grinding
- Speech Problems
- Thumb Sucking, Lip or Nail Biting or Other Oral Habits
- Mild to Moderate Sleep Apnea
- Food Texture Sensitivities
- Frequent Headaches
- Neck Pain
- Long Face Syndrome
- TMJ Problems
- Frequent Choking or Trouble Swallowing
[Also Read: Home Remedies to Stop Aging]
7 Easy Facial Yoga Exercises For Anti-Ageing
The following are 7 facial yoga exercises:
- Puff Up the Cheeks: Puff up the cheeks and transfer the air 5 times in the mouth from one side to the other. Then release the air while opening mouth in O shape.
- Stick the Tongue Out: Stick the tongue out as far as possible, and keep this pose for 1 minute. Repeat this exercise 3 times.
- Look Up at the Ceiling: Look up and open the mouth like you are about to kiss someone. Hold the posture for 5 seconds, and repeat it 5 times. You will get a chiseled jawline and high cheekbones.
- Make “O” with Lips: Drop the jaw and open the mouth. Make an “O” shape with lips. Do this exercise for 10 times.
- Fish Face: Pursed lips when you are smiling, then make a fish face by sucking the inside area of the cheeks into the gap between upper and lower teeth sets. Repeat this exercise 5 times, it helps to firm and tone the lips and cheeks.
- Bye Bye Crow’s Feet: It works wonders by decreasing unwanted lines around the eyes. Open the eyes as wide as possible. Pull the face skin back while doing this exercise by using hands.
- The Louis Armstrong “Satchmo”: Bend the head to the right side and stay in this posture for a few seconds to stretch the neck muscles and then repeat it on the left side. You can roll the neck in the anticlockwise and clockwise direction 5 times and get rid of the double chin.
Facial yoga is of great help to tone the facial muscles. Apart from that, an individual needs to consider a few things, such as protecting the face from the sun, eating green leafy vegetables, and avoiding stress. Just a regular routine facial exercise can help you in making a face look healthier.
1. What Is Facial Yoga?
Facial yoga mainly focuses on relaxing and face toning. This type of yoga intends to provide relaxation to facial muscles and skin.
2. How Facial Yoga Is Beneficial?
It strengthens the facial muscles, reduces the wrinkles, increases the blood circulation, makes look younger, firms and tightens facial skin, etc.
3. When Should You Practice the Facial Yoga Exercise?
Ideally, you need to do facial yoga twice a day i.e. in the morning and before going to bed in the night. Making it a regular habit can do wonders to your face.