Do you have to spend hours to camouflage that fatty flab under your chin with the makeup every time before you leave home? Does the chubby title not entertain you anymore? Are you desperate to show off that jawline you’ve got? Don’t panic; you don’t have to go under the knife for it. There are plenty of ways in which you can reduce a double chin naturally.
Double chin, also known as submental fat, is the accumulation of a layer of fat under your chin. Obesity is one of the major double chin causes. But, being overweight is not always the only reason for double chin.
The other reasons include genetic hereditary, aging and skin loosening. Genetic double chin is a result of a long line of less elastic skin and a double chin in your family. A double chin that is caused by aging is due to the loosening of skin over time leading to fat deposits under your chin.
In such cases, there is nothing you can do to stop the fatty skin from sprouting, but, there is much you can do to reduce a double chin. The face is an index of both your mind and health. This fat under your chin adds a bitter touch to your personality.
And as the days go by it becomes more evident. Here are the best natural remedies that will help you fix a double chin in no time. Read further to know more on how to get rid of double chin.
Best Natural ways on How to Get Rid of Double Chin
The double chin is a common issue in a lot of people. Though there are many reasons for getting a double chin, the remedies on how to get rid of double chin are also diverse.
CURE 1: Foods
Obesity not just happens due to overeating. It also gets influenced by other diseases such as Diabetes, hypertension, heart disorders, etc. If your double chin(1) is a result of obesity and other health-related issues, then, eating a proper and a balanced diet is highly essential for how to get rid of double chin.
A good diet keeps you energetic and light on your feet all through the day. A balanced diet is different from a fat-free diet. In a balanced diet, you intake all the essential components of food in prescribed quantities, i.e., 54 percent of Carbohydrates, 18 percent of Proteins and 28 Percent of fat per day.
To lose weight, you need to strictly avoid foods that contain unsaturated fats, trans-fatty acids, cholesterol, and sugar.
Foods to eat
Follow with the foods listed below for how to get rid of double chin.
Vegetables and fruits
Vegetables and fruits are a powerhouse of many vitamins and mineral. They supply the essential minerals which are required for the proper functioning of your various body systems and maintain body balance. Not only this, vegetables and fruits have a high fiber content which is essential for a good bowel movement. They also keep your body well hydrated.
It is better to replace the refined grains in your meal such as rice, refined corn, etc. with whole grains. The refined grains convert into sugar in the blood leading to Diabetes and other health-related issues. Whole grains also contain fiber.
Olive oil contains a lot of unsaturated fats or the good fats that are essential for your body.
Poultry and fish
Poultry and fish are lean proteins, i.e., they contain a lot of protein and fewer fats as opposed to meat which is high in trans-fat and cholesterol.
Low-fat dairy products
Milk is wholesome food. It contains high quantities of proteins and fewer amounts of fat. Avoid dairy products such as butter and cheese because they provide a lot of trans-fatty acids.
Foods to avoid
Avoid the foods listed below to get rid of a double chin.
Consuming a high amount of sugar leads to a chronic disease known as Diabetes. Increase in the amount of blood sugar enhances the chances of cardiac arrest and stroke. Hence, it is better to keep away from eating a lot of sugar products and consuming sweet alternatives such as honey, cinnamon, etc.
The processed foods contain a high amount of refined fiber and saturated fats. Such foods cause Obesity, Diabetes, and heart problems.
The deep-fried foods lose all of their mineral and vitamin content. Also, they contain a lot of trans-fatty acids and saturated fats that cause many health-related problems.
Benefits of the foods mentioned above
- A balanced diet helps in reducing your body weight and keeps your body systems in harmony
- The vitamins and minerals help in hydrating your skin and prevent sagging
- A good diet contains many antioxidants that delay the process of aging and make you look younger for a long time
- Avoiding the intake of saturated fats keeps you in shape and energetic
Fine grains such as Maida, polished rice and refined corn flour tend to convert into blood sugars once they enter into your bloodstream. Hence, it is better to replace them with whole grains in your diet.
How to use
If you wish to get better results, then it is important to follow a strict diet. Occasional stress eating is a big mistake that most of the people make during a diet. Here are certain easy-to-make and delicious recipes which will help you stick to the diet.
Marinated fresh vegetable Salad
- Celery: 2 cups
- Cauliflower: 2 cups, thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes: 2 cups, halved
- Carrots: 2 cups, thinly sliced
- Cucumbers: 2 cups, thinly sliced
- Onion: 1 cup, thinly sliced
- Olive oil: 3/4 cup
- Fresh parsley: 1/2 cup, minced
- White wine vinegar: 3 Tbsp
- Garlic: 1, minced
- Salt: 1 Tsp
- Ground mustard: 1 Tsp
- Pepper: 1/4 Tsp
Heat the olive oil in a pan and put all the other ingredients in it and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes. The delicious salad is ready to be served.
Delicious strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt
This delicious smoothie is not only remarkably healthy, but it will also satisfy your sweet cravings.
- Strawberries: 1/2 lb
- Bananas: 2
- Low-fat milk: 1 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 Tsp
- Honey: 1 Tsp
- Put all the ingredients in a blender
- Blend them well until they form a smooth mixture. Your delicious smoothie is ready to be served
Low-fat grilled chicken recipe
Chicken contains high protein and less fat, thus making it the best choice in your diet regime.
- Skinless Chicken Breast- 4 halves
- Lemon juice- 1/2 cup
- Onion powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Black pepper- ground- 1/4 Tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Dried Parsley- 2 Tsp
- Preheat the grill in an oven and lightly oil the grate. You can use olive oil
- Soak the chicken breasts in lemon juice. Sprinkle onion powder, salt, pepper, and parsley
- Place it on the grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on each side. The delicious grilled chicken is ready to be served
CURE 2: Herbal Treatments
Turmeric is widely known for its use in various dishes as a flavoring and coloring agent. Apart from helping in weight reduction, Turmeric is a great antibiotic and can help you in how to get rid of double chin.
Cinnamon is an aromatic spice used in many cuisines as a spice and a sweetener. Apart from being a powerhouse of many antioxidants, it helps in weight loss.
Ginger is a spice. It is an effective remedy for weight loss. Ginger increases the metabolism in the body leading to fat burn and weight reduction.
Black Pepper is a well-known spice. It contains a compound called piperine which has weight reducing properties.
How to use
These herbs get used as ingredients in many delicious recipes. Also, they can be consumed raw.
- Herbs are natural and cost-effective solutions to a wide range of health problems
- They ensure proper functioning of the body and help in burning the accumulated fat beneath the skin
- It is important to check if you are allergic to any of the herbs. Hence consult a doctor if you want to use herbs as a remedy for weight reduction
- Consume the herbs only in the prescribed amounts. Overconsumption may lead to many health-related issues
CURE 3: Essential Oils
Best essential oils
Below are listed some of the best essential oils on how to get rid of double chin.
Wheat germ oil
Wheat germ oil is a rich source of Vitamin E which delays skin aging and helps in skin nourishment. Massaging your face for 10 minutes with wheat germ oil every day will help to reduce double chin drastically.
Olive oil is not only rich in anti-oxidants but also helps in improving the skin texture and prevents skin dryness. Massage your jaw and neck well with warm oil for 10 minutes every day.
How to use
Oil massages are very relaxing and refreshing. It is best to massage your face before going to bed. Do the massage regularly for the prescribed time to get the best results.
Benefits of these oils
- Oils are excellent skin nourishing and anti-aging agents
- A good oil massage regularly will help to remove a double chin
- Do not use the oils over dry skin as they may not be effective
- Do not overdo the oil massages as it may cause the skin to sag further resulting in a bigger double chin
CURE 4: Home Remedies
What is better than getting rid of your fatty chin right in your home? Here are some simple hacks and double chin exercises that will help you to fix your double chin.
Best home remedies and DIYs
Chew sugar-free gums to burn fat
Chewing helps to tighten the involuntary muscles around your cheeks and jaw. It helps to tighten the skin and burns fat. Thus, giving you a flawless jawline.
Tongue press exercise
In this exercise, you need to keep your mouth wide open and touch the roof of the mouth with your tongue. Now, tilt your head back and forth at least 10-12 times. This exercise helps to burn the fat and tighten the skin.
Straight jaw gut exercise to lose fat from your chin
Tilt your head and look at the ceiling. Stretch your lower jaw well. Hold your head in this position for 10 seconds. Return your head to the neutral position. Repeat this exercise at least 5 times a day.
- These are easy-to-do remedies available to you at your door-step on how to get rid of a double chin
- These methods are cost-effective and give quicker results
- Do not overdo the exercises as you may strain the facial muscles. It may result in a lot of pain due to muscle damage
[Read: Exercises for double chin]
CURE 5: Natural Treatments
It is always safe to use natural techniques to seek health benefits. While in many health issues, natural cures are not available. You are lucky because many natural methods will help you on how to get rid of double chin quickly.
Egg whites mask for the perfect jawline
The Egg whites have excellent skin tightening properties. Here is an easy method to make an egg whites jaw mask.
- Egg white: 1
- Milk: 1 Tsp
- Honey: 1 Tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 Tbsp
- Separate the egg white and the yolk
- Whisk well and add Milk, Honey, and Lemon juice to it
- Apply this mixture over the jaw and leave for 30 minutes
Olive oil massage to reduce double chin
An excellent facial massage will do great wonders on how to get rid of double chin. It helps in lifting the facial muscles and prevents skin sagging.
Gently heat some olive oil in a bowl. Apply over your neck and jaw and massage well for 15 minutes. Follow the procedure every day for better results.
Vitamin E pills for skin nourishment
Vitamin E pills help in skin nourishment. They contain many antioxidants which help to delay premature aging and sagging of the skin.
Extract the oil from two or three vitamin E pills. Apply over your jaw and neck and gently massage in the upward direction. Follow this method every day for 10 minutes to get rid of a double chin.
Melon wipes to prevent skin sagging
Melons are rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. They also help in keeping your skin hydrated.
Take half a cup of melons and blend them thoroughly with water. Apply the mixture over your neck and jaw. Leave for 15 minutes.
CURE 6: Supplements
If you have a stubborn double chin which does not reduce even after trying all the above methods, various clinical supplements will help you get rid of it.
Fat burner lotion to cut body fat
The fat burner lotions also called as lipo-burners must be around the chin, neck, abdomen, and thighs to remove the excess fat from the body. These creams and lotions increase the body heat in the applied parts thus, melting away the fat.
Face lifter patch to remove a double chin
If your double chin is due to the natural aging process, then a face lifter patch is helpful. With age, the skin begins to loosen and sag thus creating space for fat accumulation. Face lifters help to pump your skin up.
Fat burning pills
These pills must be consumed internally for weight loss. They reduce your tendency to eat and increase the metabolic rates in your body. Higher metabolic rates increase the body heat causing the fat to burn.
How to use
To burn your body fat, you can either use the lotion for external application or take the pills internally at prescribed quantities. Once the layer of fat gets removed from the skin, the skin begins to sag giving enough room to fat accumulation in the future. Hence, it is important to use skin tightening massagers or face-lifters.
- The clinical supplements offer quick-fast solutions to your double chin problem, but they can cause many side effects
- Hence, it is essential to check with your doctor before taking the pills
Precautions and side effects
- To get the best results, you need to follow the treatment procedure regularly. Do not overdo the exercises or massages as you may end up weakening your facial muscles
- Before taking any weight loss medication, it is important to consult with your doctor. Check if these medicines are interactive with any of the other medicines that you are in taking
- Before using the herbs, it is important to verify if you are allergic to any of them
- If you have any other health-related issues, then you need to check with your doctor before going ahead with any of the remedies by yourself
Double chin is a common issue among many people. Apart from obesity, genetic hereditary, aging and skin loosening are also few double chin causes. Double chin greatly affects a person’s self-confidence and appearance. There is no need to cure this disorder surgically or through medication, because there are innumerable diet, natural, and home remedies available that will help you to fix double chin. Before you move forward with any remedy, it is always best to check with a doctor to avoid any side effects to your body. Also, follow the treatment procedures regularly to get better results on how to get rid of double chin.