Coffee beans have several benefits which most of us might know, but have you ever heard of Coffee essential oil(1)? Yes. You heard that right. The benefits of this oil appear with a beautiful aroma to it.
It is advised to use the cold-pressed oil as it’s the purest form and has maximum benefits. The coffee beans are the richest source of antioxidants and can be added to your daily diet or be used in the form of essential oil.
Nutrition Facts Of Coffee Bean
1 tbsp of coffee bean has the following nutrition-
- Calories – 18 per serving
- Total fat- 1g
- Cholesterol- 0 mg
- Sodium – 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates- 0 mg
- Iron- 1%
The Coffee Essential Oil Uses And Benefits
- It helps in fighting depression. The aroma of the oil helps to lift and brighten your mood.
- The oil aids respiratory problems. It relieves symptoms of blocked nose and congestion and helps to recover sooner.
- You can use this oil as a substitute for over-the-counter medicines for nausea.
- It is an excellent oil for aromatherapy. The fragrance of coffee oil beats all other essential oils.
- Use this oil to heal insect bites and bee stings. You must always take an anti-histamine drug after a bee sting, but this oil helps in reducing the burning sensation and swelling caused by a sting.
- The Coffee essential oil has magical effects on hair. A lot of hair salons use this oil for hair spa and treatments. It is rich in Vitamins that play a significant role in growing, healthy, lustrous hair.
- It helps in glowing skin(2). Increased demand in the cosmetic industry has led to many products like soaps, creams, body wash, and lotions with coffee essential oil as a primary ingredient.
- It is also used to enhance the flavor while baking. Add it to make delicious cakes, syrups, chocolates, and pastries.
- You can use this oil to relax your muscles. Massaging the oil reduces the stiffness in muscles and lessens the pain in joints.
- The high amounts of Vitamin E present in this oil delays the aging process. Mixing it with a body lotion and applying it reduces the appearance of cellulite in the skin.
[Read: Coffee for Weight Loss]
Recipes That Help You Get Coffee Oil Benefits
1. Recipe For Skin Tightening
3 tbsp grounded Coffee, 1 tbsp rosehip oil, 2 tbsp coffee oil
- Take a small bowl and mix everything well. Apply it as a scrub on a wet face.
- Let it stay for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
[Read: Remedies for Tighten Neck Skin]
2. Recipe For Hair Growth
2 tsp Coffee essential oil, 2 tsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp castor oil
- Take a small bowl and mix all the oils. Use a cotton ball to apply on your scalp.
- Make sure the roots of your hair are adequately oiled and massaged for 2 minutes.
- Let it stay for an hour and then rinse using a mild shampoo.
3. Recipe For Muscle Pain
Hot water in a bathtub, few drops of Coffee essential oil, and Epsom salt
- Fill your bathtub with hot water and add a few drops of oil to it.
- Now, add ½ cup of Epsom salt and sit in the bathtub for half an hour.
- This process will relax the muscles and reduces the pain in joints and muscles.
- Do it once in a week for the best results.
Precautions To Be Undertaken
- Always seek your doctor’s permission before using Coffee essential oil regularly for health purposes.
- Ensure you are not allergic to coffee beans; otherwise, your body might show signs of allergy on using the essential oil.
- If you experience rashes, swelling, redness, or burning of the skin after applying the oil, stop immediately and seek medical help.
- For skin purposes, always make sure you never use it on your eyes as it can have a damaging effect.
- Do not use it for pregnant women and children.
- Drinking this with additives can cause palpitations in some people, as the oil has higher caffeine content.
- Consult with your doctor before using this if you have epilepsy or have had a history of seizures.
[Read: Coffee for Constipation]
The coffee essential oil has widespread uses because of the benefits and its easy availability. It is a very popular addition in creams, shampoos, and face wash. This is a natural oil, and as it is cold-pressed, the nutrients and benefits are intact.
Moreover, the fragrance of freshly brewed coffee will never make you regret making it a part of your daily life.
1. How Can I Prepare Coffee Essential Oil at Home?
To make it at home, you will need the following ingredients- olive oil and roasted coffee beans.
Cook this on low flame for few hours. Stir while being heated, and then when it is ready, strain the liquid and discard the coffee beans. Strain again using cheesecloth this time. Finally, store it in an air-tight container.
2. Can I Be Allergic to Coffee Oil?
Coffee oil isn’t known to be an allergen. Still, those who are allergic to coffee beans can show symptoms of headache, sneezing, and inflammation, all being signs of allergy after using the essential oil.