Arthritis is a painful condition that usually affects during old age. The pain could become excruciating and limits the movement. Allopathic treatments offer temporary relief from the pain as there is no cure for arthritis with the field of medical sciences. There are powerful natural remedies that can help you get rid of this ailment. One such natural remedy is CBD Oil.
Types of Arthritis
The condition is known to affect the different joints of the body causing swelling, inflammation and pain that reduces agility and joint movements.
Causes for Arthritis
- A reduced count of cartilage tissue is one reason behind the illness.
- The usual depreciation in the number of body tissues is known to result in Osteoarthritis, a prevalent type of the disease.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. The cartilage and joints depreciate and are incapable of functioning properly.
Symptoms of Arthritis
- The different forms of arthritis cause joint pain
- Continuous stiffness, resulting in restricted joint movement
- Swelling/Inflammation of the joints
- Redness of the skin, around the joint
- A persistent pain in the affected area
CBD Oil for Arthritis
This oil has become a popular form of treatment for the different arthritis conditions as it is widely known for its anti-inflammatory(1)and pain relief properties. The THC count in cannabidiol oil is lower as compared to other chemical compounds. Thus, making it safe and reliable.
Why use CBD Oil for Arthritis?
Cannabidiol is a famous natural remedy used for many ailments. Cannabidiol is obtained from the plant of marijuana. Popularly known as CBD, the chemical compound isn’t psychoactive. The chemical is thus, extensively used for its pain-relieving effects without the worry of facing the various other sensations that ensue after consumption of marijuana. Using CBD for Arthritis is gaining continuous popularity; various scientific studies and researches confirm the therapeutic effects of the oil, saying it provides considerable pain relief, stops inflammation and helps curb anxiety.
The usage of some natural drugs is now made legal in a few states of the United States, which is proof that the chemical compounds have some wide-ranging and considerably useful medicinal properties. The therapeutic effects of cannabidiol oil make it extremely beneficial for arthritis patients.
CBD Oil is renowned for its many positive effects on the immunity. Its consumption is known to affect the CB2 receptors in the patient’s body and helps in controlling the pain caused by arthritis.
How to use CBD Oil for Arthritis?
In order to unlock the full benefits of CBD Oil, it is advisable that it must be ingested orally. Its healing properties work from within the body and offer significant relief from the pain and discomfort caused by arthritis.
For immediate relief, one can also mix CBD oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil and massage over the aching joints.
- The oil is available in both a liquid and capsule form and can be used conveniently as per the patient’s choice.
- The CBS Oil capsules can be consumed orally, along with some water. Another effortless manner is to mix the components of the capsule to food or water.
- While using the liquid form of CBD oil for treatment of arthritis one can mix the oil well with a body lotion and apply it directly to the area affected with arthritis.
- A few alternatives are provided by different brands that comprise CBD oil and can be used for the same purpose, without the fuss of mixing
- Before trying CBD Oil, check with a medical professional and use the oil only after consulting a doctor regarding the dosage.
Dos and Don’ts
While using CBD Oil the patient needs to be extra cautious of the effect, it is having on the joint pain, as the FDA hasn’t approved the use of cannabidiol oil for arthritis yet. Till date, several studies analysing the effects of CBD(2) oil with pertinence to rheumatoid arthritis have been promising and can be trusted.
It is, however, still subject to availability of more substantial evidence whether or not the oil is considered clinically legal in all states and nations. A few outlets that sell CBD Oil cannot be relied upon as they do not show any dependable results and on encountering such brands and products, one mustn’t use the product. Apply the oil in generous amounts as prescribed by the doctor and do not overuse the product as overdoing the application might lead to adverse effects.
- Store the CBD oil in a clean, dry, hygienic place.
- Keep the oil out of the reach of children, as that might result in numerous repercussions
- When applying CBD Oil for Arthritis pain, be sure to look up the brand and use the oil made by a trusted brand. CBD oil from a not trusted source may cause side effects
- Before using the CBD Oil properly check the list of ingredients and composition of the oil, so that it doesn’t have any allergens which may be harmful for your system.
- In case of any side effects consult a doctor immediately.
CBD Dose For Arthritis
- 2.5mg of THC (orally), with 1 mg of CBD for six weeks if the cancer patient has loss of appetite
- 2.5-20 mg CBD for Chronic Pains
- 200-300mg of CBD daily in case of Epilepsy
- 10mg of CBD per kg of body weight daily for six weeks (orally) if the patient has problems in moving because of Huntington’s Disease
- 40mg-160mg of CBD (orally) for Sleep Disorders
- CBD plant extracts containing 2.5-120 milligrams of THC/CBD daily for 2-15 weeks. eight sprays are generally used by patients within any three hours, for (MS) Multiple Sclerosis symptoms
- 40-1,280mg oral CBD daily for Schizophrenia
- A single CBD dosage of 20-40 mg for Glaucoma as higher dose may increase pressure on the patient’s eye.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
1. Massage of Essential Oils for RA therapy:
Rheumatoid arthritis(3) and osteoarthritis are the two most common types of arthritis conditions affecting the joints. It is suggested that essential oils have the potential to cure the conditions. However, there is enough evidence to prove that several types of oils provide immense relief from the symptoms of both the arthritis conditions.
They help reduce inflammation, swelling, pain and excessive stiffness of the joints that restrict the movement. Use essential oils like lavender oil etc. that help soothe the pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis and find relief from the symptoms of the condition.
2. Heat and Cold therapy:
Apply an ice pack to the joints aching with excessive pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Keep the ice pack over the area for around 15 minutes and do not overdo the treatment. Thereafter, sit still for 30 minutes.
In times of severe pain, one can use a heated pad or towel soaked in warm water. A hot water bottle can be used for the purpose as well, do take proper care not to burn the skin. Let the warm water come in contact with the affected area and let it work its magic.
The hot and cold treatment is considered a highly effective home remedy, as it helps with proper expansion and contraction of the joints, however, one should consult the doctor before practising it if the patient suffers from other ailments as well.
The sharp joint pain caused by the condition is known to stiff the body and restrict the patient’s movement, but it is advised that a person should continually exercise to as it helps with improving the situation. Exercising regularly for some time is known to reduce the pain and inflammation caused due to rheumatoid arthritis. Talk to a doctor about the severity of the condition and then seek the advice of a professional therapist to adopt a type of exercise routine fit for the condition of the patient. Take advice from a physiologist and do not strain the body too much and practice the natural remedy that can be followed at home.
4. Use Turmeric:
Turmeric is a favourite spice that finds its application in numerous curries. The spice is most commonly used in India and Indonesia. Turmeric is one spice that has used for centuries in the traditional natural remedies because of its medicinal properties.
Various researches and studies conducted to test the benefits of the spice stand proof of the effectiveness of turmeric in reducing the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis significantly.
Turmeric consumption blocks the formation/accumulation of proteins that cause inflammation as well as helps ease the pain related to the condition. It is also used as an antiseptic as it prohibits the growth of bacteria.
[Read: Turmeric for Arthritis]
It has been suggested that using CBD Oil, helps in the process of eliminating or at least controlling the pain to some extent. It is available in the market is obtained from hemp and has a minimal amount of THC, is known for its mind-altering effects that cause “high”, making usage of CBD oil a safe option for arthritis patients.
Available in different forms like capsule/lotion etc., its application is effortless. Naturally obtained CBD Oil can help provide relief from various other health problems as well. This oil works effectively by suppressing the T cells found in the body, responsible for reactions to pain. The oil is famous for its anti-inflammatory and pain alleviating properties.