As humans, we have guidelines on our lifestyles in ancient texts for several thousands of centuries. We lived a healthy life for the most part. A few decades of medicine practice and modern living has influenced us to acquire several diseases. Many women, after 40, cannot climb stairs, suffer from knee issues, pain, and burning sensations. We have turned our back to traditional methods of healing ourselves and instead rely on a few pills that give us short-term relief.
Below are several reasons explaining why and when imbalances enter our lives. Our body rebuilds every 200-300 days; if we don’t consider the signals our bodies are showing and keep living with our unhealthy lifestyles, we can encounter harsh consequences of abuse on our bodies.
All disease starts at the mind level. If our mind is impure with negativity and too much information about unnecessary things, it can start showing on our physical body. The medical field will not predict something like this until it is serious. They have no information on how things occur; the only things they can give you are pills and infusions to manage the damage that is already done.
Ayurveda offers some ways of reversing and healing the body naturally. If you don’t want to transform mentally and physically, then your body will have to face the consequences of inviting all kinds of diseases. You are left with suffering and disappointment in life.
I have worked with several clients that have arthritis; they have also admitted to mentally feeling loneliness. At an age where they need to be playing with their grandkids, they remain alone, without any attention. Working women who have less time for their family also experience a level of inner loneliness that can show up as arthritis(1).
Sometimes, people who have critical parents develop negative self-talks that reach the bones and cause arthritis. If you are critical about your own self, you are also welcoming arthritis. Another cause is constantly complaining about everything.
Ayurvedically, it is an increase of Vata: air and space elements in a body. That is due to bad routine and eating habits.
- People who drink less water
- People who’s immunity is low
- Acidic body
- Obesity or weight gain (which is the by-product of bad lifestyles)
- Eating high amounts of wheat and its unnatural products (all kinds of processed flour confectionaries)
- Constant exposure to computers and working at night
- Deficiency of Vitamin E, C, B12, Iron, and Calcium
- Menopause and hormonal imbalances during menopause
- Eating excess sugar and sugar products
- Consuming excess bleached white salt
- Refined oil or double refined oil
- Everyday use of microwave
- Consuming refrigerator food regularly
- Holding natural urges for more than 30minutes
- Ready-made juices, processed juices with additives and coloring agents
- Toothpaste that has several chemical combinations
All of the things listed are the invitations to welcome arthritis into your life.
How to Dodge Arthritis
Think about your lifestyle and change what you think is bad for you.
You have to be alive and healthy to enjoy life and relationships.
- Give more importance to friendly, loving people.
- Surround yourself with people who love life and filter out the people who are negative, whiny, and complaining.
- Start a lifestyle free of chemicals
- Add appropriate yoga poses and nourishing fresh foods
- Pay attention to your eating habits and extreme lifestyles.
Life is all about how you want to live. We have all made wrong choices due to misinformation and ignorance. Now, each one of us has so much great information to save our body from such long-term damaging diseases. Stop making excuses about your habits and change them soon. Serious guests like arthritis, once invited, can take all the pleasures out of your life.
Learning from life experience
We, as humans, have the luxury to enjoy 3 boxes of life.
- The World’s Offering – This is what we experience in life materialistically. An example could be a drink, shoes, shopping, etc. Things that we have been programmed to run behind, desire-driven actions always lead to disappointment.
- Memorable moments – This comes from emotional connections: family, friends, pets, small moments in life that present itself as surprises. It fades away if you do not pay attention.
- Divine You! – Which is cultivated when you know yourself and divinity within you, where you understand your positives, have confidence in the universe to help you better yourself and Simply being that divine being which we are here to be.
Allow yourself to deserve a better life; give yourself permission to enjoy life. But know what is valuable so you can pass it on to the next generation.
About the Author
Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher ERYT-500 and ERYT-200 Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher RPYT Reiki Master Karuna Reiki Master SSR Integrated Energy Therapy (IET) Specialty Studies: Ayurveda Obstetrics, Dermatology, and Gynecology.