Try These Pumpkin in Benefits
If you are binge eating and if you’re looking for something to snack on, there is nothing better than Pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are the oval, flat seeds found inside the pumpkin. Their outer skin is white, and they are green on the inside. To utilize the benefits of pumpkin seeds, you can snack on them. Irrespective of their small size and shape they are packed with vitamins and nutrients. Pumpkin seeds(1) come along with shell attached to its exterior. You can also consume it by shelling the outer skin.
Did You Know!
Why Are Pumpkin Seeds Great for Our Health?
Pumpkin seeds are a repository of nutrients, proteins and are associated with the health benefits of pumpkin seeds. You can add them to your daily diet to derive the nutritional benefits of pumpkin seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds are loaded with valuable nutrients deemed beneficial for our bodies. One ounce of pumpkin seeds without a shell has about 150 calories that come from protein and fat.
- Pumpkin seeds contain antioxidants. Vitamin E and carotenoids protect the cells in your body from any damage by free radicals.
- Pumpkin seeds are beneficial in reducing the inflammation in your body.
- Pumpkin seeds are known to reduce your chances of colon, stomach, breast, and prostate cancer.
- Pumpkin seeds help in treated problems with your bladder. If taken as a supplement every day, you might not need any medication after all.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium. It helps in controlling blood pressure, improving heart condition, and managing blood sugar levels in your body.
- Pumpkin has a remarkable impact on your heart’s health as it is an excellent source of magnesium, zinc, and fatty acids. It can increase nitric oxide in your body that helps to improve heart health.
- If you want to increase the fiber quotient in your body, start taking pumpkin seeds every day. Pumpkin seeds work in improving bowel movements(2) and digestive health.
- As pumpkin seeds are rich in tryptophan, it enhances the quality of your sleep.
[Read: Pumpkin Seed Oil for Hair ]
How to Use Pumpkin Seed to Get the Best Result?
Let us take a look at methods to gain the benefits of eating pumpkin seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds in Smoothies for Healthy Immune System- This is a great way to utilize the benefits of raw pumpkin seeds. Make a strawberry smoothie or any smoothie of your choice and add some dried pumpkin seeds to it. Grind and Serve.
- Make a Salad with Pumpkin Seeds for Healthy Gut- Since pumpkin seeds have a high-fiber content, it helps gut health. This is an exciting way to include pumpkin seeds in your diet.
Take a cup of pumpkin puree, mayonnaise, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne to blend it to a texture for dressing.
Take Argula leaves and divide between plates. Add dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Add 2 tbsp of the dressing. Serve. You can store the remaining dressing in the refrigerator.
- Granola is pretty much on every health freak’s agenda. Add Pumpkin seeds to your granola and make use of the benefits of pumpkin seeds.
- Soups for Heart Health– Pumpkin soup is known to be extremely healthy and loaded with nutrients. Make it even tastier by adding some dried pumpkin seeds to it.
- Pumpkin Seed Butter to Lower Blood Sugar Levels-
Things you will need- 1 cup raw almond,1 cup pumpkin seeds,2 tsp garam masala, ½ tsp pepper,1/2 tsp honey, salt to taste.
Method – Preheat your oven at 170 F and line it with a silicone mat. First, spread the almonds and bake them. Stir and repeat for about 40 minutes.
- Heat a pan and dried pumpkin seed or pepitas to it. Saute until they turn brown and crackle once it cools down a transfer to a blender. Once the almonds are out and are at room temperature add to the blender. Grind until you get a smooth paste. Add honey and grind again. The nut butter is ready to use.
- To utilize the benefits of pumpkin seeds, you can also eat it raw by peeling the outer skin, or toast it and have it as a snack.
- 100 gms of Pumpkin seeds are known to contain 90 mg of magnesium, so take it in moderation.
- A male aged between 19-30 years can consume 400 gm of magnesium daily while women should intake 310 gm every day.
- Pumpkin seeds are very rich in fat and might cause bloating and acidity.
- Pumpkin seeds must be stored right to consume for 3-4 months.
Overall, pumpkin seeds have multiple uses for your body. Start by consuming small numbers of pumpkin seeds every day, and then add it to various recipes in your daily life. This will help in filling up all your deficiencies and protect your body against various diseases.
[ Read: Pumpkin Leaves Benefits ]
1. Can I Eat Raw Pumpkin Seeds?
Yes. While it is safe to eat raw pumpkin seeds, you must wash it carefully and then peel off the outer layer.
If you are in a hurry, you can always dry roast them and store them in an airtight container to consume whenever you want.