There is this weird and wacky song that goes yeast infection yeast infection; dear God rid the girl of this horrid affliction. Is your beau strangely refraining from taking a walk down the dirty lanes? If your pretty and sweet vagina has recently started stinking like a rotten fish; then instead of weeping big tears over your feminine trials and tribulations try a dash of apple cider vinegar that will not only drive out the stink but will cure the infection as well.
Almost 75-80% of women across the world suffer from genital yeast infection. The topical application of apple cider vinegar is excellent in the natural alleviation of yeast infection. Doesn’t that sound great? Read on to find out how apple cider vinegar for yeast infection can be your best companion to combat the infection well.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Yeast Infection
- Cure of vaginal yeast infection
- Cure of intestinal yeast infection
- Cure of skin yeast infection
- Cure of oral yeast infection
What is Candida?
Candida or yeast infection is an infectious disease that is wreaked upon your body by the dreadful Candida albicans fungi or yeast. The infection is generally confined to the genital region of women but can also develop on the skin, nails, and other nooks and corners of the body. The infection manifests in the form of vaginal irritation and itching, swelling, and soreness of the vulva, pain during intercourse and urination, redness and the appearance of rashes in the affected area.
Primary causes and risk factors associated with yeast infection
The risk factors and general causes associated with yeast infection include-
- Excess use of contraceptives
- Chronic medical conditions
- Overdosage of antibiotics and steroids
- Diabetes, and more
[Also Read: Treat Yeast Infection with Natural Remedies]
Why should you use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection?
Apple cider vinegar can get administered for the natural prevention and treatment of yeast infection caused by Candida albicans. Apple cider vinegar works by the inhibition of yeast microbes. A few reasons why apple cider vinegar is good for the natural cure of yeast infection are elucidated here.
1. Cure of vaginal yeast infection
Vaginal yeast infection gets characterized by a burning and itching sensation in the vagina. The exterior part of the vagina turns reddish with pain and inflammation, and whitish fluid begins to get discharged from the vagina. Apple cider vinegar is vested with powerful antimicrobial properties, and its strong acidic nature helps in the inhibition of the Candida albicans fungi.
2. Cure of intestinal yeast infection
The yeast fungus begins growing in the intestinal tract and starts to develop and multiply in the intestinal region. Intestinal yeast infection can trigger joint and muscle pain, irritability, headaches, depression, sleeplessness, skin rash, intestinal cramps, diarrhea, bloating, gas pain, oral thrush, and heartburn.
The consumption of apple cider vinegar can aid in the cure of yeast infection in the intestines. Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar helps by creating an environment that is protective of the healthy bacteria in the gut. The healthy bacteria drive out the toxic yeast fungal strains on the intestines. Apple cider vinegar can also act as an enema to remove the yeast fungus from the lower parts of the organ.
3. Cure of skin yeast infection
The Candida albicans fungus can affect the skin as well and cause a dermatological yeast infection. Yeast infection of the skin manifests in the form of skin rash, blisters, pus-filled skin bumps, and itchy and dry patches on the skin. The topical application of apple cider vinegar to the surface of the skin helps in the alleviation of pain and burning sensation. The antifungal and antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar inhibit the fungal action and heal the rashes and bumps on the surface of the skin.
4. Cure of oral yeast infection
Oral yeast infection also known as oral thrush, gets characterized by the appearance of whitish sores and lesions on the tongue and inner parts of the cheeks. Apple cider vinegar gets used as a mouthwash because of its potent antiseptic properties that can inhibit the yeast fungus and heal the sores and lesions inside the mouth.
How to use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection?
The most effective, yet simple way of using apple cider vinegar for yeast infection is by employing a few different methods regularly for useful results. Follow through with these methods to fight against yeast infection and heal the pain and discomfort in no time.
Top 2 Fabulous DIY Methods of Apple Cider Vinegar for Yeast Infection
[Read: Get Rid of Candida Naturally]
Prepare the douche of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection of the vagina
The administration of a douche of apple cider vinegar is an incredibly effective use of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection.
How to use?
- Heat a bowl of distilled water in a saucepan over a low flame.
- Blend 3 tablespoons of raw and pure apple cider vinegar with a glass of lukewarm water. Make sure that the water is either purified, filtered, or distilled. Do not use plain tap water for cleansing the vagina.
- Make use of a sterilized funnel to pour the solution of apple cider vinegar and water into the bag of the douche. Fill the douchebag with the solution and then shut the nozzle of the bag
- Hold the douchebag right beneath the pelvis and apply gentle pressure to the bag. Position your pelvic region carefully to make sure that your vagina gets properly douched.
- If the vaginal yeast infection becomes severe, then douche your vagina with diluted apple cider vinegar for yeast infection treatment twice a day on a daily basis.
Benefits of using the douche of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection
The application of the douche of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection treatment is remarkably practical. The anti-inflammatory, acidic, and antifungal properties of apple cider work wonderfully for the cure of yeast infection. Douching the vagina with diluted apple cider vinegar helps in the regulation of the pH balance of the private parts.
The maintenance of pH balance aids in the prevention of growth and spread of the yeast fungus. The solution of apple cider vinegar aids in the inhibition of the whitish discharge from the vagina and makes the burning and itching sensation subside soon.
Do not overdo the process of douching your vagina with apple cider vinegar. Do not exert excess pressure on the douchebag while douching the vagina.
[Read: Medicinal Benefits of ACV]
Take a bath of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection treatment in general
Bathing in diluted apple cider vinegar solution is a remarkably effective use of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection. This remedy is not only a potent one to treat vaginal infection but is also very useful to treat yeast infection under the breasts, lower abdomen, on the skin, nails, and others.
How to use?
- Fill the bathtub with lukewarm water up to a level that the surface of the water touches your belly.
- Pour in two cups of raw and pure apple cider vinegar into bath water.
- Pour in a cup of Epsom salt into the bath water. Stir the water gently until the apple cider vinegar, and the Epsom salt gets evenly dissolved.
- Get into the bath and sit in a specific posture with your knees folded and drawn towards your chest. Do not stretch your legs out during bathing in the bathtub.
- Rub other parts of the body too very gently where you have yeast infection like under the breasts, lower abdomen, and other places.
- Rinse your vagina with the bath water and rub the sensitive parts of the vagina with gentle care. Soak your body in the water for about 20 minutes or until the water turns cold.
- Pat your skin dry after the bath.
- Do this on a daily basis for the cure of yeast infection.
Benefits of using the bath of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection
Bathing in the warm solution of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection treatment is remarkably effective. The antiseptic, acidic, and antifungal properties of apple cider vinegar work together for the inhibition of yeast infection on the whole. Bathing in apple cider vinegar solution cleanses the urinary tract and heals the irritation and infection of the vagina by destroying the Candida fungus. Bathing in apple cider vinegar is also good for the treatment of yeast infection of the skin.
Make sure that your vagina and skin are dry before putting your clothes on. Do not wear tight and synthetic underpants if you are suffering from yeast infection.
While douching your vagina with ACV, it is a possibility that you might feel irritation or discomfort. If it aggravates then do not use the remedy.
- It is not advisable to use a tampon douched in apple cider vinegar as it may cause severe irritation owing to higher sensitivity inside the vagina.
- When taking orally always mix water in apple cider vinegar to dilute it as it is acidic and may erode teeth enamel as well on rigorous continuous use.
Apple cider vinegar is a miraculous solution for the natural cure of yeast infection. The administration of apple cider vinegar for yeast infection works by the inhibition of the Candida albicans fungus which is responsible for the infection. You can also take apple cider vinegar with your food and drinks to keep your digestive and urinary tract healthy and free of germs. Maintain proper hygiene and cleanliness and bathe every day throughout the year to prevent such infections. However, if the symptoms of yeast infection persist or become unbearable then consult a physician for immediate medical treatment.