All your beauty lies in the health and glow of your hair, be it wavy tresses, or wild dreadlocks, or glossy curls, hair fall problems affect one and all. From crying over hair fall to fretting over split ends and frizz, all your worries and fears can come to an end with a dash of apple cider vinegar combined with a host of potent natural ingredients.
Read on to find out more about how to use apple cider vinegar for hair care and control of hair problems. Hair care should be part of your daily routine as lustrous, shiny, and beautiful hair leaves a lasting impression which in turn boosts your confidence. People of all ages irrespective of gender need proper natural hair care both for social reasons as well as health reasons.
Perhaps we should try getting a better glance at the facts and so why not take a look at the details below!
5 Best Ways Of Using Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Treatment
Why to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair?
Apple cider vinegar is a kind of magical potion to provide relief to you from many common problems related to hair, skin, and weight loss. This miraculous natural elixir helps to:
- Balance pH level of your hair along with scalp
- Fight with dandruff, scalp infections, itchiness, and dryness
Treat rough hair cuticles and split ends
Hair troubles that can be cured using apple cider vinegar?
- Dryness of the scalp
- Shedding of hair
- Premature greying of hair
- Brittleness of hair and hair breakage
- Split ends
- Blistering of the scalp and dandruff
- Dullness and frizzy hair
- Greasiness of the hair
What causes hair problems?
- Nutritional deficiency
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- Exposure of the hair to heat treatments and styling
- Excessive washing of the hair in hot water
- Overuse of chemical cosmetics such as shampoo, hair gel, hairspray, etc.
- Irregular combing and improper brushing of the hair
- Dryness or excessive oiliness of the scalp
- Bleaching and colouring of the hair
- Low level of humidity of weather
5 Best Ways Of Using Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Problems
To control your hair fall and to repair damaged hair, use ACV regularly. You should consider apple cider vinegar for hair treatment because it’s a staple ingredient readily available in your kitchen. Check out some of the most fantastic combinations of apple cider vinegar for hair care that you can make and use at home. These DIY natural remedies give a ray of hope if the ill-effects on your hair due to chemical products vex you.
DIYs for Hair Mask
1. Papaya and apple cider vinegar
The mixture of papaya pulp and ACV makes a wonderfully nutritious and medicinal mask for the hair.
How to use?
- Mash a fresh, raw, and ripened papaya(1) into pulp and discard its seeds
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the papaya pulp and knead it into a smooth paste
- Add two teaspoons each of water and raw apple cider vinegar to the paste. Make sure that the dough is not too runny
- Apply the thick and nutritious paste all over the hair and scalp with gentle massaging. Make sure that the paste masks every strand of hair and every inch of the scalp
- Leave it on for about half an hour
- Put on a shower cap to protect the papaya and apple cider vinegar hair mask
- Rinse your hair with plain water and mild shampoo
- Repeat the above steps for three times a week
The combination of papaya pulp and apple cider vinegar(2) helps in the natural treatment of many hair problems. The topical application of the paste of ACV and papaya pulp on the hair and scalp aids in enhancing the volume and thickness of hair, prevents hair thinning and balding, fights against dandruff and dryness of the scalp, clears the accumulation of oils and sebum on the scalp, cures hair breakage and split ends, and prevents premature aging of hair. This home remedy of using apple cider vinegar for hair rejuvenation is a great fix for many of your hair and scalp problems.
Conduct a patch test to make sure that your scalp and hair are not allergic to apple cider vinegar and papaya pulp.
2. Coconut milk and apple cider vinegar
The combination of ACV and coconut milk gives an excellent nutritious boost to the hair.
How to use?
- Mix two tablespoons of coconut milk with one teaspoon of coconut oil to prepare a mixture
- Add a tablespoon each of raw apple cider vinegar and water to the mixture
- Apply that mixture to all your hair strands and scalp and make sure that every root and tip of hair gets completely covered
- Leave the mixture on for about 30 minutes
- Put on a shower cap to protect the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar mask
- Rinse your hair with plain water
- Repeat the above thrice a week for best results
Coconut milk is rich in proteins which is essential for enhancing the collagen and keratin content of hair. When you mix the milk with ACV and apply topically, the mixture makes the hair lustrous, glossy, and hydrated. This home remedy of using apple cider vinegar for hair treatment is one of the best natural therapies to treat frizzy hair, hair fall, balding, dandruff, and flakiness of the scalp.
Conduct a patch test to make sure that your scalp and hair are not sensitive to apple cider vinegar and coconut milk.
3. Tea tree essential and apple cider vinegar
The application of the blend of ACV and tea tree essential oil(2) is a fantastic way of using apple cider vinegar for hair.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of tea tree essential oil to a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar to make a mixture
- Add two teaspoons of olive oil
- Apply the mixture of diluted tea tree essential oil and apple cider vinegar to the scalp and hair
- Leave the mixture on for about an hour
- Wear a shower cap to protect the oil and vinegar mask
- Rinse your hair with plain water and herbal shampoo
- Repeat the above steps four times a week
Hydration of the scalp and hair with a mixture of vinegar and the essential oil is a natural remedy that you must try at home. The combination of tea tree essential oil, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil works wonders for the hair by fighting against hair fall, flakiness of the scalp, dryness, dandruff, split ends, hair shedding, hair breakage, and premature graying of the hair. Tea tree essential oil contains antioxidants that can fight against toxic free radicals and protect the hair against the ill-effects of oxidative stress.
Dilute the tea tree essential oil before applying it to the skin. Conduct a patch test to make sure that your hair and scalp is not allergic to apple cider vinegar and tea tree essential oil.
[Read: Amazing Benefits of ACV]
4.Egg whites and apple cider vinegar
The mixture of apple cider vinegar and egg whites is incredibly beneficial for the health and beauty of hair and scalp.
How to use?
- Crack two eggs and pour the contents into a bowl
- Scoop the yellow yolks out of the bowl and add a tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar, water, and coconut oil to the egg whites in the pan with gentle stirring
- Apply the mixture all over the hair and scalp and then rinse your hair with a scented shampoo after an hour
- Do this thrice a week
Eggs contain healthy proteins that are incredibly beneficial for the health of the hair and scalp. The combination of egg whites and ACV helps in enhancing the strength and thickness of hair and fights against hair fall and dryness of the scalp.
Conduct a patch test to make sure that your hair and scalp is not sensitive to apple cider vinegar and eggs.
5. Honey and apple cider vinegar
The blend of apple cider vinegar and organic honey is a highly effective natural treatment for hair fall and hair damage.
How to use?
- Mix a tablespoon of organic honey with two tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar and water
- Apply the mixture all over your hair and scalp and then wash your hair with shampoo after an hour or so
- Do this thrice a week for the cure of hair damage
The mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar helps to hydrate and nourish the scalp and fight against dryness and flakiness of the scalp.
Don’t panic if you find some of your strands of hair on your pillow. Don’t have a meltdown if you see dull hair when you stand in front of the mirror. Dandruff or itchy scalp may cause you to skip social gatherings. Keep the hair products loaded with toxic and harmful chemicals at bay. Embrace the apple cider vinegar for dealing with hair fall control, dull hair, and dandruff related problems. This well-known and oldest home remedy is a hair savior. Invest in an organic brand of apple cider vinegar and flaunt a thick shock of bouncy and beautiful hair within no time.