People nowadays are exposed to excessive chemicals, pollutants, and stress and often complain about hair loss. This uncontrolled loss of hair can contribute to balding. While there are many products available in the market that claim to control hair loss and promote its growth, they show little effect. Some products are loaded with unnecessary chemicals and further increase the damage.
If your hair is getting thin and you are desperately looking for ways that can restore your hair to its original beautiful state, then instead of going out in the hunt for magical products, head to your kitchen and locate the bottle of apple cider vinegar. Yes, the elixir that you have been looking for your hair is nothing but apple cider vinegar. Use apple cider vinegar for hair growth and get beautiful, healthy and long hair in no time.
About Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth
The excessive use of chemical products on hair increased pollution, and stressful lifestyle all have a derogatory effect on your scalp. Using chemical products disrupts the natural pH balance of your scalp(1), that releases excessive sebum which further attracts the dirt closing your hair follicles. This build-up in your hair results in dandruff, dryness, thinning of hair, excessive hair fall and many other hair troubles that affect its growth.
Apple cider vinegar which is a result of fermentation of apple juice is a potent liquid possessing numerous properties that can be effective in treating your hair troubles.
Why should you use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth?
Juice extracted from crushed apples is acted upon by yeast which breaks the sugars present in it and converts it into alcohol. After that, Acetobacter bacteria act upon the liquid to turn it into acetic acid. Apple cider vinegar has become widely popular in the health and beauty industry for its countless benefits. This dark and viscous liquid is rich in Vitamin C and B. It also contains acetic acid, malic acid, and citric acid all of which are beneficial for you. People advocate it for hair care as this wondrous liquid can promote hair growth.
Reasons to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth
Listed below are the reasons that favor using apple cider vinegar for hair growth.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps in balancing the pH level of your hair and scalp. The pH of your scalp lies between 4.5 and 5.5. It is slightly acidic. The chemical products that you use on your hair are known to disrupt the pH balance of it as they are mostly alkaline. The shampoos available in the market are known to increase the alkalinity of the hair which leads to dryness and breakage. Apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, being acidic helps in restoring the pH of your hair and scalp, thus giving you healthier and shinier hair while promoting its growth.
- The alpha-hydroxy acid present in apple cider vinegar has a gentle exfoliation action that helps your scalp in getting rid of dead skin cells.
- Apple cider vinegar clears the scalp of the build-up. Sebum, pollution, dirt, dead skin cells, chemicals of hair products all lead to build-up on your scalp which clogs the hair follicles, thus inhibiting the growth of hair. You can effectively remove the build-up by using apple cider vinegar which opens the clogged follicles and prevents the recurrence of build-up by maintaining the pH balance of the scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to improve the blood flow to hair follicles thus promoting hair growth. It can also remove DHT from the scalp, a chemical that encourages hair fall.
- The acidity of apple cider vinegar smoothens the cuticles of your hair thus discouraging the formation of tangles or knots that cause your hair to break while brushing.
- Dandruff and itchy scalp are common hair troubles that restrict the growth of hair and increase hair fall. Dandruff is a result of microbial build-up on your scalp, and apple cider vinegar being antimicrobial helps fight the bacterial or yeast infection that may cause white flakes on your scalp. Further, its strong anti-inflammatory effect soothes the skin and reduces the itchiness associated with the condition.
How can apple cider vinegar for hair growth be used in the best ways?
How to use?
- Mix apple cider vinegar in an equal quantity of water
- Store the solution in a bottle
- Use this solution of Apple Cider Vinegar for hair rinse after
- Shake the bottle and pour some solution on your scalp
- Massage it properly and then leave it on for about fifteen minutes
- After that wash your hair with water
- You can repeat this remedy two times a week
Why using Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Hair
Apple cider vinegar gently exfoliates your hair and removes the dead skin cells and chemical build-up. Further, it fights off bacteria or fungal infection if any on the scalp and prevents conditions like dandruff, dryness, etc., that may damage your hair and inhibit the growth of your hair. Applying apple cider vinegar on scalp nourishes your hair and promotes its growth.
[Read: Baking Soda for Hair]
DIYs to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth
Adding other natural ingredients to apple cider vinegar can further benefit your hair and promote its growth. Here are the ways you can do so.
1. Make a hair tonic using cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar for hair growth
How to use?
- Add three drops of cayenne pepper extract in two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Mix the ingredients well and use them to massage your hair
- You can leave the mixture on your hair for the night, or you should keep it at least for an hour
- After that wash your hair with lukewarm water
- You can repeat the process two to three times a week to get useful results
This powerful tonic not only helps in cleaning your hair of the build-up but also improves blood circulation to the hair follicles, thus promoting hair growth.
2. Add honey to apple cider vinegar to treat infection and promote hair growth
Honey when added to apple cider vinegar doubles up the benefits it has on your hair.
How to use?
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a tablespoon of honey(3)
- Apply the mixture on your scalp
- Leave it on for ten minutes and after that wash your hair with cold water
- This remedy improves the texture of your hair and promotes hair growth
3. Make a hair mask using apple cider vinegar, castor oil, and egg
Hair masks are the best way to nourish your hair, and when these are made using natural substances, the benefits multiply.
How to use?
- Take a bowl and add to it a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Also, add the white portion of an egg and a teaspoon of castor oil
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply them on your scalp
- Cover your head with a warm towel and leave the mask for at least an hour
- After that wash your hair with a mild shampoo
This wonderful hair mask smoothens your hair, moisturizes the scalp and promotes hair growth.
A Word of Caution
Apple Cider Vinegar for hair growth is a popular remedy. You can add this magic potion to your hair care routine to get beautiful hair sans any trouble. However, there are some precautions that you need to follow while using this remedy.
- You must not use apple cider vinegar on your hair in excess as its acidity might damage your hair.
- You must use apple cider vinegar in diluted form only. It is essential to prevent the burns that the potent liquid may cause due to its high acidity.
- Do not apply apple cider vinegar on the skin surface that has open cuts or wounds. Its acidic properties may cause an intense burning sensation.
- Those with sensitive skin must do a skin patch test before using apple cider vinegar on their scalp. Apply a small amount of diluted apple cider vinegar on your skin and leave it for some time. If it causes inflammation and burning, then wash it off immediately. Dilute it further and if it produces the same symptoms again, then avoid using it on your scalp.
With natural remedies getting famous for beauty as well as health treatments, people have started looking for alternatives for chemical products that have a damaging effect on health and body. Apple Cider Vinegar is one such fantastic product that gets extensively used for beauty and hair care.
Owing to its numerous benefits on hair; apple cider vinegar is widely incorporated in the hair care regime. If you too want healthy, beautiful and long hair then resort to apple cider vinegar for hair growth. It is a safe and cost-effective way to boost hair growth.