If there one thing that can ruin your appearance at the cocktail party then that is frizzy and dishevelled hair that refuses to get tamed. If the comb gets stuck in your hair and you are on the verge of frenzied tears then stop right there and read on to find out the different, surprising ways of how to get rid of frizzy hair right here.
Ways to Treat Frizzy Hair
What is frizzy hair?
Regardless of whether your hair is curly or straight, frizz is a problem that affects the tresses of one and all. Frizz or frizzy hair refers to the tangled knots of hair on the head caused by dryness of the hair and scalp. It results into hair getting clumped into knotted lump due to static electricity triggered by the dryness of the hair and scalp. Lubricating and conditioning is the best strategy to fight against frizz and dryness of hair.
What causes frizzy hair?
The following factors result in frizziness of the hair.
- Deficiency of nutrients in the diet
- Anxiety and stress
- Damage caused by hair curling, straightening, coloring, etc.
- Excessive rinsing of hair
- Washing the hair with hot water
- Excessive use of chemical cosmetics such as shampoo, hair gel, etc.
- Irregular brushing and combing the hair
- Reduced activity of the thyroid gland
- Dryness and dehydration of the scalp
- Bleaching and coloring of the hair
- Coldness and low humidity of weather
Top 5 remarkable methods for how to get rid of frizzy hair
If you are wondering what to use for frizzy hair, then try out the home remedies for how to get rid of frizzy hair as elucidated below.
1. Get Rid of frizzy hair with foods?
Avocado is highly nutritious and one of the most effective frizzy hair solutions. This remedy can also get used for how to fix toddler frizzy hair.
How to use?
- Pound a fresh and ripe avocado into a soft pulp
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the avocado pulp and mash it into a smooth paste
- Smear the paste all over the hair and scalp with gentle massaging
- Leave it on for about half an hour
- Put on a shower cap to protect the avocado mask
- Rinse your hair with plain water and mild shampoo
- Do this thrice or 4 times a week
Benefits of using avocado
Avocado is richly nutritious and loaded with vitamin E that is incredibly essential for the natural cure of dryness and frizz(1) The nutritious pulp of avocado makes for a remarkably nourishing and healthy spa mask for the hair and scalp. It moisturizes the scalp and manages the dryness, lice, dandruff, and blistering of the scalp. The antimicrobial nature of avocado pulp helps in strengthening the hair roots, follicles, and aids in the cure of dry hair and frizz in the hair ends. It is one of the best remedies for how to get rid of frizzy hair.
Make sure that the avocado is fresh, ripe, and organic.
[Also Read : Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Loss ]
Foods to Eat
The following foods are good for the growth of strong and healthy hair.
- Green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits
- Almond butter
- Soy products
- Lean Meat
- Chia seeds
- Sweet potato
Foods to avoid
These foods tend to dry up the scalp and hair.
- Junk food
- High-glycemic foods
- Starchy white pasta and bread
- Fast food
2. Get rid of frizzy hair with herbal treatments?
Aloe Vera(2) gel is one of the best natural remedies for fighting thick frizzy hair especially if the hair is slightly wavy.
How to use?
- Cut a freshly plucked leaf of Aloe Vera
- Scoop or cut the gel out of the plucked leaf
- Blend a tablespoon of coconut oil with two tablespoons of the Aloe Vera gel to prepare a smooth paste. If the dough becomes too runny or thick, then adjust the consistency by adding more gel and oil to it
- Smear the paste all over your thick frizzy hair and dry scalp
- Wear a shower cap to protect the mask against dust and pollutants
- Rinse it off with plain water after about 30 minutes
- Do this 4-5 times in a week
Benefits of using Aloe Vera
How to get rid of frizzy hair with aloe vera gel is a very frequently searched question. Aloe Vera gel helps to nourish and hydrate the frizz and dry scalp. The homemade paste of Aloe Vera gel and coconut oil cures dryness and peeling of the scalp and control hair frizz and split ends by improving the strength of the hair roots and follicles with its abundant supply of vitamins and antioxidants. The gel also helps in making the frizzy hair appear smooth and glossy.
Make sure that the gel is natural and that your scalp is not sensitive to it.
[Also Read: Aloe Vera for Hair Growth]
3. Stop hair breakage with essential oils?
Control short frizzy hair by using lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass essential oil is an excellent essential oil for frizzy hair. This home remedy of short frizzy hair is especially useful when the weather is dry and chilly.
How to use?
- Blend 3-4 drops of lemongrass essential oil with a tablespoon of olive oil to prepare an oil mixture
- Massage your hair and scalp with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Put a shower cap on to preserve the oiliness through the night
- Rinse your hair with a mild herbal shampoo in the next morning
- Do this on a daily basis
Benefits of using lemongrass essential oil
The topical application of the diluted lemongrass essential oil is a very potent remedy for how to get rid of frizzy hair. It can keep the scalp hydrated and healthy and the hair long, and shiny. The moisturization helps in controlling the frizz and dryness most effectively. Lemongrass essential oil possesses potent antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties.
The mixture of lemongrass essential oil and olive oil works by fighting against hair frizz, blistering of the scalp, dryness, hair damage, frizzy hair ends, hair shedding, and relaxed hair breakage and shedding. The antioxidants contained in lemongrass essential oil combat against free radicals, and protect the hair against frizz and oxidative stress.
Conduct a patch test to make sure that your scalp is not sensitive to lemongrass essential oil.
[ Also Read: Essential Oils for Hair Growth]
4. Home Remedies For Frizzy Hair
Fix frizzy hair in men with apple cider vinegar?
Are you thinking how to get rid of frizzy hair using apple cider vinegar? Well, the application of apple cider vinegar(3) solution is highly practical for the cure of frizzy hair in men too.
How to use?
- Add two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar to a cup of plain water with gentle stirring to prepare a solution
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution and then dab your hair and scalp with the soaked cotton ball
- Comb your hair gently after about 30 minutes
- Do this on a daily basis
Benefits of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is invaluable for the health and beauty for hair. And as for the sour odor of solution, don’t worry as it does not linger on for more than a few minutes. Apple cider vinegar helps in fighting frizz by restoring the pH balance of the scalp, eliminating dry, dead scalp cells, sebum, oil, and dirt, unclogging the hair follicles, and thereby making the hair smooth and luxurious.
Make sure you dilute the apple cider vinegar before applying it to the hair.
5. How to get rid of frizzy hair with the help of natural treatments?
Wondering how to get rid of frizzy hair with carbonated water? This remedy might come as a surprise, but the application of carbonated water like soda or sparkling water is good for fighting against dryness and frizz.
How to use?
- Rinse your wild hair with a cup of carbonated water or everyday soda drink
- Do this twice or thrice in a week
Benefits of using carbonated water
The topical application of carbonated water helps in fighting hair frizz caused by cold and dry climate — the carbonated water aids in the maintenance of pH balance of the hair and scalp which tames the frizz and makes the hair healthy and beautiful.
How to prevent frizzy hair?
Keep the following prevention tips in mind for how to get rid of frizzy hair naturally.
- Ditch the chemicals and make use herbal shampoos, oils, and conditioners for your hair
- Stick to a balanced and nutritious diet
Follow through with the homemade remedies and cures for how to get rid of frizzy hair without having to spend a fortune at the salon. If the frizz persists and you experience frequent hair fall, and other scalp disorders do not hesitate to visit a dermatologist.