Mornings should always be fresh as they depict new hope, a new beginning, and a lot of happiness. But what if this happiness turns into a frown? Yes!! For some people, mornings are not as happy as yours, and all this is because of one problem called constipation. The word constipation in itself is quite disturbing and uncomfortable to hear. The sufferers feel embarrassed about discussing their problem even with their doctors at times.
But, now you can heave a sigh of relief. This article is here to rescue you from the long-standing discomfort state of constipation. This article on apple cider vinegar for constipation is all about apple cider vinegar and its incredible benefits to fight your upset stomach.
All About Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most incredible home remedies to reach out for if you are suffering from constipation. The pungent smelling vinegar is a wonderful drink which is full of health benefits for the human body. ACV is fermented apples. The natural sugars of the apples get converted into alcohol by the reaction of the bacteria. This process forms apple cider which is a famous drink for summers. When fermentation of the apples continue the alcohol turns into acetic acid. This solution is natural apple cider vinegar.
You can employ the vinegar to get rid of a sore throat, eliminate kidney stones, treating a cold and its symptoms, and also works tremendously well in treating constipation. Before moving onto the multiple ways of using apple cider vinegar for constipation, let’s understand about what is constipation and its signs and causes.
Constipation indicates the condition when the sufferer faces bowel movements that are infrequent and are also hard to expel. Constipation is a known word, and we all experience it at some point in our lives. Although a mild condition, constipation can sometimes cause severe pain in the stomach. There are several causes for you to face constipation. This article will give you an insight of some of the primary causes and symptoms of the issue so that you can keep a check on your day to day activities to avoid them.
What causes constipation?
The most common triggers of constipation include:
- Lack of fiber in the diet
- A person who lives an inactive life is more likely to suffer from problematic bowel movements
- In rare cases, some people suffer from constipation while ingesting milk and dairy products
- Pregnant women are more susceptible to upset stomach owing to the hormonal changes in the body at that time
- A change in daily routine can also lead to constipation
- Aging too results in gut issues as the metabolism of the body slows down
Signs and symptoms of constipation?
- Less than three stool passages in a week
- Having hard stools
- Difficult bowel movements
- A feeling of blockage in your rectum
- A feeling that you cannot empty the waste from your rectum
Apple cider vinegar – a potent remedy
Apple cider vinegar is amongst the best home remedies for treating constipation. This miraculous drink is full of health benefits including your digestive troubles. It works tremendously well in giving you relief from those hard stools which make morning routine a pain for you. By including small quantities of apple cider vinegar in your daily routine life as a therapeutic option for constipation, you can quickly deal with the issue.
Six Incredible Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Constipation
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in pectin which is a vital water-soluble fiber. Excess of fiber intake makes it easy for your body to foster natural bowel movements
- Doctors prescribe laxatives to ease bowel movements. If you don’t want to go for medications, you can rely on ACV for this purpose. The vinegar acts as a natural laxative agent and stimulates bowel movements.
- ACV involves fermentation of apples. During the process, alcohols release from the apples on a reaction of the yeast. This acetic acid of the apple fermentation helps in relieving constipation.
- It helps to allow smooth movement of stools from the colon. ACV is rich in malic acid. This acid provides the intestines with an acidic nature which in turn helps to prevent constipation.
- The vinegar boasts of several vital nutrients like magnesium along with good bacteria and enzymes. These nutrients keep the digestive system healthy and foster proper digestion.
- ACV possesses fantastic antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. These features keep the digestive tract healthy and also eliminate harmful bacteria from the gut.
An Extract on Unusual Ways to Employ Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy
Now you are well aware of the multiple benefits of apple cider vinegar and also as a cure for constipation, let’s move on to some incredible ways in which you can use apple cider vinegar for constipation.
1.A beneficial tonic – Apple cider vinegar for constipation
Although apple cider vinegar is full of health benefits, its strong taste and overpowering smell often restrict people from using it. Diluting it with water makes it a little easy to swallow.
- One tbsp of raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Eight oz. of lukewarm water
- A quarter of a tbsp of cayenne pepper
- One tbsp of honey (optional)
- Mix apple cider vinegar in the lukewarm water according to required amounts
- Stir well with the help of a spoon
- Drink it two times a day to relieve chronic constipation
2.Apple juice and apple cider vinegar for constipation
- A glass of apple juice
- One tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Mix the above ingredients
- Stir well
3.ACV and psyllium husk for constipation
This magical solution will remove mucus from the small intestines and colon. It also pulls out the toxins from the body and helps to relieve constipation pain.
- One tbsp of powdered psyllium husk
- One tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- A glass of lukewarm water
- Mix one tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water
- To this add one tbsp of psyllium husk
- Stir well
- Allow it to settle for two minutes before drinking
4.Flax seeds and apple cider vinegar for constipation
This solution helps to soften the stools. Hard stools are one of the main symptoms of the gut issue.
- One tbsp of ACV
- One tbsp of flax seeds
- Two cups of boiling water
- Mix flax seeds with the boiling water
- Allow the solution to boil for another ten minutes
- Strain the solution
- Allow the fluid to cool at room temperature
- To this fluid add one tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Drink this solution
A Note of Caution for Using Apple Cider Vinegar for Constipation
- It is advisable to use raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Make sure to take only small amounts of apple cider vinegar for relief
- An undiluted apple cider vinegar can cause gas and upset the process of digestion. Always dilute apple cider vinegar with water for best results
- Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. This acid content causes erosion of enamel. It can also irritate your mouth
- If your body shows any side effects, then avoid using apple cider vinegar and consult your doctor immediately
- Rinse your mouth with water after using apple cider vinegar for constipation
- If you are following a medication always consult a doctor before using apple cider vinegar
- If you have ulcers avoid using this remedy
Some Efficient Ways to Keep Your Gut Healthy
- Include fiber-rich foods in your diet.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated or alcoholic beverages.
- Always enjoy a good 7-8 hours sleep every day. It helps to improve your overall health condition. It also helps to promote regular and smooth bowel movements.
- Indulge in a regular exercise routine to avoid the problem of constipation.
- Take your food in small quantities rather than consuming large meals.
Constipation is a common condition which hampers your daily routine at least once in a while. An upset stomach immensely affects your mood and overall body health as well. It is always advisable to ingest a balanced diet rich in nutrients and fiber so that your digestion process works efficiently. This article gives you in-depth knowledge about one of the best therapeutic options for constipation-apple cider vinegar. You can indulge in the ingestion of one or two tbsp of diluted apple cider vinegar for constipation and get relief quickly.
Apple cider vinegar serves as an excellent natural alternative against expensive medications for constipation. The vinegar usually does not pose any threat to your life and is also free from side-effects when adopted in recommended dosages. However, an excess of ingestion of apple cider vinegar for constipation can result adversely. So be cautious about the quantity and quality of the apple cider vinegar you are using for constipation relief, and you are good to go to kick constipation out of your life.