Got a yeast infection? Are there tiny bumps or white lesions in your mouth, around it or on the genitals and they cause of a lot of pain and discomfort? If yes, then you are probably suffering from a yeast infection which is highly contagious and can spread further by skin to skin touch or contact with an infected object.
Got a yeast infection? Are there tiny bumps or white lesions in/around your mouth, the genitals and do they cause a lot of pain and discomfort?
If yes, then you are probably suffering from a yeast infection which is highly contagious and can spread by touch or contact with an infected object.
There are medical treatments available to treat this condition disease, however, if you are looking for some home remedies for yeast infection and procedures, then here we get you the best pick. Use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection treatment and alleviate all the symptoms of the disease naturally.
Apple Cider vinegar for Candida
Your body is home to numerous types of microbes. Candida albicans, a kind of fungus also resides in your body. It lives on the skin, inside the mouth and other moist regions of the body. Under normal conditions it lives peacefully in your body; however, when the situation becomes favorable, the fungus starts multiplying rapidly. With time it outgrows the good bacteria found in your body that keeps a check on it and leads to a yeast infection.
People suffering from candida infection may experience red, itchy skin with white patches or small raised bumps. An infection in the genital area may lead to discomfort and increased vaginal discharge.
Apple cider vinegar is the best thing that you can resort to when suffering from such symptoms. Read its benefits mentioned below, and you are certainly going to use this extraordinary remedy
Why use Apple Cider vinegar?
Fresh apples are known for their high nutritive value, but another reason they are considered precious is that they provide you with apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is the dark, viscous liquid that you locate in almost every kitchen. It is a favorite condiment of chefs used to add a distinct flavor to various recipes, but nowadays it is trending everywhere for the extended health benefits it provides.
It gets prepared by fermenting the juice extracted from fresh apples which first gets converted into alcohol and then into acetic acid known as apple cider vinegar.
It is a powerhouse of nutrients that are known to be highly beneficial for your health and can treat numerous ailments including the infection caused by Candida(1).
Below listed are the reasons why you should use apple cider vinegar
- It has strong acidic and antimicrobial properties that kill yeast which causes the infection and effectively inhibits its further growth. Thus, apple cider vinegar directly attacks the root cause of the disease and keeps it under check.
- Also, it is anti-inflammatory. The topical application of it on the infected skin area has a calming effect on the skin. It soothes your skin and eases the pain and irritation caused due to the infection.
- Apple cider vinegar, though acidic converts into an alkaline substance when it enters your body. As such it alkalizes your body and the bloodstream, thus making the environment unfavorable for the growth of the yeast and eliminates it from your body.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar for yeast infection can be highly effective. This potion makes your body unfavorable for the growth of the fungus and helps in combating the condition. .
1. Drink it directly
- Add a tablespoon of organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar(2) with its mother intact in a glass of water
- You can add in some honey to enhance the taste
- Mix all the ingredients and drink it
- You must drink apple cider vinegar solution on an empty stomach every morning for a couple of days to get rid of the condition.
2. Use it topically
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water in equal amounts
- Mix them well and apply the solution on the infected area using a cotton ball
- Apply it two to three times a day until the symptoms of the condition subside
3. Gargle it
- Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water
- Mix them well
- Take a sip of the solution and swish your mouth with it for fifteen to thirty seconds
- After that spit out
- Repeat the process for three minutes
- This remedy is highly effective in treating the yeast infection in the mouth. You must rinse with this apple cider vinegar solution at least three times a day to get relief from the symptoms of the condition
4. Add it to your bath
- Fill your bathtub with warm water
- Add to it two cups of apple cider vinegar
- Soak in the bathwater for about fifteen minutes
- Repeat the remedy every day till the symptoms of the disease diminish
Apple cider vinegar bath for Yeast Infection is one of the easiest and the best natural remedy you can rely on.
DIY ways to use Apple cider vinegar
Besides the remedies mentioned above, there are some different ways in which you can use apple cider vinegar for getting relief from candida infection.
1. Add it to your tea
Apple cider vinegar has a bitter taste; hence it is not easy to gulp it down. Another way to drink it is by adding it to your tea. Just add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in your cup of black tea to eliminate the symptoms of the condition.
Black tea not only covers the strong taste of apple cider vinegar but also contributes to the treatment. The polyphenols present in black tea are known to slow down the growth of candida.
Drink it twice a day to treat the infection.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in coconut oil
Vaginal yeast infection is quite common. But you need not to suffer from it in silence. Treat it quickly by using apple cider vinegar for candida which is a potent remedy to fight the infection.
Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a tablespoon of organic coconut oil. You can take this orally or can apply it on the vulva using cotton.
This remedy is highly effective in treating the yeast infection as both apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil has antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that kill the fungus which causes the disease and also ease the pain. Further, coconut oil(3) also moisturizes the skin and soothes the itchiness.
[ Read: Oregano Oil for Candida]
Though apple cider vinegar for candida is a popular remedy and can give you desired results, it is essential that you use it with caution. Excess of anything is harmful, and that goes with this potent liquid too. Listed below are a few points that you must take into consideration before using the remedy.
- It is highly acidic and may burn your throat and stomach lining if taken in undiluted form. Hence, dilute it. Even for the topical application, it is necessary to dilute it.
- If you have sensitive skin, then it is recommended that you do a skin patch test with diluted apple cider vinegar to know how your skin reacts to it. If applying diluted apple cider vinegar causes burning sensation then wash it off immediately.
- Apple cider vinegar available in the market gets mostly filtered with its ‘mother’ removed which is not much useful. It is advised that you use raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar that has its mother intact. Hence, before buying a bottle, check the label to know whether it gets filtered or not.
- Also, do not use apple cider vinegar on wounds and deep cuts. It being acidic might cause intense pain and burning sensation.
Candida is a common fungus found in your body that looks for opportunities to multiply. It mostly resides in moisten skin area and increases rapidly when finds the conditions favorable. Poor hygiene and weak immunity are the primary causes of contracting the infection.
Hence, if you wish to prevent the disease, switch to a healthy diet and follow good hygiene practices. A few changes in lifestyle can help you evade such infections. However, if you have developed the infection then do not worry. Use apple cider vinegar for candida treatment. It effectively fights the fungal build-up and eases the symptoms of the disease providing you quick relief.
1. How long does it take to treat a yeast infection with apple cider vinegar?
Although this depends on the individual and their body type and immunity. However, it takes around 2 weeks in general for ACV to properly work on the infection,
2. What will happen if a yeast infection is left untreated?
If left untreated, it could lead to vaginal discharge and the infection could spread to other parts of your body. Hence it is imperative that you treat your infection, immediately.
3. Do yeast infections smell?
Yes, they do. However, treating it with ACV could help you combat the smell.