Looked into the mirror to adore your beauty but got surprised with something else? If you are thinking why my face is red and hot even in a pleasant climate how to get rid of redness, then this read is a perfect pick for you! Regardless of the dermatological issue, redness of the skin is the most visible symptom of almost every dermatological problem.
The inflammation or infection of the skin manifests in the form of redness that gets accompanied by a sharp stinging sensation or pain. Addressing the redness of the skin helps in the cure of the skin disease as well.
[Also Read: 5 Impressive approaches to Impetigo Home Treatment ]
What are the different red face causes?
- Allergic reactions
- Contact dermatitis
- Insect bites and stings
- Skin psoriasis, and many more
Top 5 Wonderful Methods of How to Get Rid of Redness of Skin at Home
1. How to get rid of redness of skin with the aid of foods?
Image: Shutter stock
The topical application of yogurt on the skin is highly beneficial for the cure of redness on the face, redness around eyes, redness around mouth, redness around lips, rednessaround the nose, and acne redness.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of rose water to a tablespoon of plain yogurt and stir well
- Smear the mixture all over your face, around the nose, on the cheeks, and around the mouth with gentle massaging in a circular motion
- Rinse your face with plain water
- Do this thrice daily for the cure of redness on the face
Benefits of using yogurt
The topical application of yogurt helps to soothe the skin and get away with the redness. The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of yogurt heal the inflammation and infection. Its humectant property keeps the skin soft and hydrated.
Use fresh and plain yogurt for this home remedy on how to get rid of redness.
Foods to eat
Include the food listed below in your diet for how to get rid of redness of the skin.
- Meat, fish, and eggs
- Fresh fruits
- Seeds and nuts
- Almond milk
- Green tea
Foods to avoid
Exclude the food listed below from your diet to avoid redness of the skin.
- Sugary drinks
- Fast food
- Processed meat
- Canned fruits and processed fruit juices
2. How to get rid of redness of the skin with Herbal Treatment?
· Aloe Vera
When the redness of skin affects the genital region, then one of the most effective cures is the soothing Aloe Vera gel. It is also very effective if you are thinking about how to reduce acne redness.
How to use?
- Extract the gel from a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera
- Add a few drops of vitamin E oil to the gel
- Massage the genital region with the paste of Aloe Vera gel and vitamin E oil
- Rinse the area with plain water after about half an hour
- Do this twice daily for the natural treatment of vulvar irritation and redness
Benefits of using Aloe Vera
The topical application of the paste of Aloe Vera gel and vitamin E oil helps in the alleviation of skin irritation and burning sensation. The gel is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that fight against oxidative damage and heal the redness of the skin surface.
Conduct a patch test on an unaffected part of the skin to make sure that your skin is not allergic to it.
3. How to get rid of redness on penis with Essential Oil?
Tea tree essential oil
Tea tree essential oil is one of the best essential oils for the cure of redness on cheeks (not rosacea but acne redness).
How to use?
- Add two teaspoons of tea tree essential oil to two tablespoons of olive oil
- Massage your reddened cheeks with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Rinse the skin with cold water in the next morning
- Do this on a daily basis for how to get rid of redness of the skin in a short time
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
The variety of antioxidants contained in tea tree essential oil can fight against redness by protecting the skin against oxidative damage. Massaging with tree oil helps to increase blood circulation which keeps acne and other blemishes at bay.
Dilute the tea tree essential oil with olive oil and conduct a patch test to test the sensitivity of the skin to the tea tree essential oil.
4.How to cure skin redness with Home Remedies?
·Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is highly useful in the cure of redness around tattoo, and redness on cheeks(not rosacea but acne redness).
How to use?
- Mix 5-6 tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar and water to form a solution
- Soak a cotton swab in the solution
- Dab the red patches of the skin with the soaked cotton
- Do this on a daily basis
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar helps in balancing the pH value of the skin which banishes the redness and makes the skin supple and healthy. It nourishes the skin and prevents bacterial action on the skin as well.
Dilute the apple cider vinegar with water before applying it on your skin for how to get rid of redness.
5.How to get rid of redness of the skin with Natural Treatment?
The application of cold compress is one of the purest natural treatments of redness of facial skin and redness around the lips.
How to use?
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth and hold the ice pack against your skin
- Dab your face with the ice pack to heal the facial redness
- Do this 4-5 times in a day for the cure of redness
Benefits of using ice
The application of the ice pack or cold compress helps in the healing of redness by establishing smooth blood circulation and soothing the burning sensation that accompanies the redness. The application of the ice pack helps in the alleviation of redness of the itchy skin.
Prepare the ice by freezing distilled water before applying it on your skin for how to get rid of redness.
How to prevent redness of skin?
- Do not use harsh chemical cosmetics
- Do not stay in the Sun for too long
- Use insect repellents against bug bites
Inhibit the redness and cure the stinging pain by the administration of home remedies on a daily basis. Bid farewell to the chemical ointments and embrace the skin-friendly natural remedies to heal the skin in no time. Follow the above-mentioned home remedies for how to get rid of redness on a daily basis and witness the changes on your own.