You are all set to rock the world with your voice but then suddenly a few weeks before your show, your throat gives up on you. Imagine that particular day would be the black day of your life. But not worry as in this article you will find all possible throat pain home remedies which will help you get rid of this hurdle.
But before that let us discuss what throat pain is? Throat pain or soreness of throat is a common respiratory condition that is marked by a dull pain in the larynx as a result of inflammation or infection caused by bacterial or viral action on the respiratory system.
It usually gets associated with common cold, runny nose, sinus congestion, clogged nose, and other respiratory disorders. Read on to find out the wonderful throat pain home remedies and start implementing them right from today.
Causes of throat pain
- Bacterial or viral infection of the larynx
- Allergic reaction of the respiratory system to dust and other environmental pollutants
- Sinus congestion
- Exposure to toxic chemical gases
- Respiratory disorders like cough, cold, sinus,etc.
- Laryngeal cancer
Symptoms of throat pain
- Soreness of the throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Swelling in the glands
How long does Strep Throat Pain last?
Strep throat pain gets healed on its own in a couple of weeks. It takes a few days for strep throat pain to heal when treated with effective home remedies.
Top 5 Surprising Natural Throat Pain Home Remedies
The consumption of ginger infusion is beneficial for the treatment of mild to severe throat pain felt while swallowing food. Include it in your diet for a few days as a part of throat pain home remedies.
How to use?
- Rinse and peel a chunk of ginger and grate it to extract its juice
- Boil the ginger pieces in a cup of water
- Strain out the infusion and add the ginger juice to it
- Drink it at one go
- Do this thrice or four times a day for the cure of throat pain
Benefits of using ginger
Ginger is an excellent analgesic and antibiotic agent and is therefore incredibly curable for the alleviation of burning throat pain and microbial infection. The expectorant properties of ginger help in the expulsion of mucus and relieve the throat and sinus of mucus congestion. It is very much beneficial for throat pain home remedies.
Do not proceed with this remedy if you are allergic to ginger.
Foods to eat
Eat the following foods for the alleviation of headache throat pain, inflammation, and swelling in the throat.
- Onion juice
- Bell peppers
- Tomato or chicken soup
- Ginger infusion
- Herbal tea
- Green tea
- Fresh green vegetables and fruits
Foods to avoid
Avoid the following foods to preserve the health of the larynx.
- Sugary drinks
- Cold drinks
- Oily food
- Fast food
- Caffeinated drinks
- Carbonated beverages
2. Herbal Treatments
Licorice root tea is highly beneficial for the cure of throat pain especially if it gets associated with GERD or acid reflux. It is very effective regarding throat pain home remedies.
How to use?
- Put a tablespoon of freshly powdered licorice roots in a cup of steaming hot water
- Let the tea simmer down
- Add a teaspoon each of honey and cinnamon powder to the licorice tea
- Drink the tea twice or thrice a day for the cure of throat pain and acid reflux
Benefits of using licorice root
The excellent antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties of licorice root work to heal inflammation and soothe pain and infection of the throat.(1) Thealkaline nature of licorice also helps in the natural cure of acid reflux.
Drink a tiny amount of licorice root tea before ingesting a considerable amount of it to ensure that your digestive system is not sensitive to it.
3. Essential Oils
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is one of the most effective essential oils for throat pain home remedies and dull aches in the neck.
How to use?
- Fill a bowl with hot water and add a teaspoon of eucalyptus essential oil
- Inhale the fragrant water vapor twice a day
- Do this on a daily basis for the natural cure of throat and neck pain
Benefits of using eucalyptus essential oil
A deep inhalation of eucalyptus essential oil vapor is profoundly effective for the soreness of throat, hoarseness of voice, and inflammation of the larynx.
Inhale the vapor slightly to ensure that your respiratory system is not sensitive to it.
4. Home Remedies
Drinking fenugreek seed tea can effectively cure pain on both sides of the throat.
How to use?
- Boil a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water
- Drink this infusion twice a day
- Do this daily for the cure of throat pain
Benefits of using fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds secrete a mucilaginous substance that forms a gelatinous coating on the respiratory passage and soothes throat pain and inflammation with immediate effect.
Do not forget to dilute the apple cider vinegar with plain water before ingestion.
5. Natural treatments
Saline Water Solution
The warm saline water solution is one of the best throat pain home remedies.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of common salt to a cup of hot water with gentle stirring
- Gargle with the saline water solution thrice a day for about 45-60 seconds
Benefits of using a saline water solution
The saline water solution is a simple way of treating a broken voice and infection of the lower part of the throat. It gets rid of bacteria by osmosis, and the warmth of the solution soothes and relieves the throat pain effectively.
Make sure that the water is not too hot otherwise your mouth might get scalded.
How to prevent throat pain?
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Drink warm water during winter
- Chew on raw ginger and cloves before going to bed at night
The natural throat pain home remedies are remarkably effective. Include them in your day to day life to get the best voice out of you. They are devoid of adverse side effects and can soothe and cure the throat with ease. If possible, use the home and natural remedies as they are most beneficial in the treatment of throat pain.
The remedies mentioned above, not only help in throat pain home remedies but they also aid many other issues. However, if the symptoms persist then do not delay in consulting a physician.